Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AllHailDawk

Out of Market Viewing Options

So, out of market birds fan here, sick of sitting through games in a sea of redskins fans in DC to watch the games. Bought a PS3 this year to stream the games from Sunday Ticket, and Sony just announced that they're dropping the package this year for PS3. No DirecTV signal in my building, so I wanted to ask eagles nation if anybody has any experience with the sunday ticket app for iPads? Is it worth the cost? Does anybody know if you can airplay it to the TV? Not looking for any black/grey market way to catch game online, just a legal way to buy the rights to watch the games out of market when DirecTV service isn't an option. The NFL really needs to figure this out, the exclusive contract to a company that doesn't serve everyone is infuriating...

I live in buffalo and am yet to find a legal way to watch eagles games live but I'm still looking...have been for years. I have Verizon fios so direct tv isn't an option...I can't find a way to do it

Really? Why did PS3 drop this? I was thinking of going this route in the future...anyway, if you play Madden check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniversary-Edition-Sunday-Xbox-360/dp/B00CF7KVMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377657187&sr=8-1&keywords=madden+preorder

Says its for computer, tablet and mobile devices - no DTV subscription required and it comes with the new Madden...even if you don't play its $100 for the season I take it...

Actually watched a game via Sunday Ticket on Iphone, it was surprisingly good. Don't have an Ipad so I don't know. If I were you I'd look into buying a Slingbox and hook it up to a relative's tv in the area.

Really? Why did PS3 drop this? I was thinking of going this route in the future...anyway, if you play Madden check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniversary-Edition-Sunday-Xbox-360/dp/B00CF7KVMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377657187&sr=8-1&keywords=madden+preorder

Says its for computer, tablet and mobile devices - no DTV subscription required and it comes with the new Madden...even if you don't play its $100 for the season I take it...

Does this work?

Does this work?

not sure, but very tempted. Says you do not have to sign up for DTV - just have access to the games on your devices. I was thinking there is a catch myself but I don't think there is.

Guys,

If your building cannot allow DirecTV or you have a "line of sight" issue where your apartment is facing a direction that doesn't obtain signal, DirecTV will provide you with their Internet access to Sunday NFL Ticket.

The downside is that it's the same cost as the regular Sunday Ticket, but you get access to all the games as well as Redzone. I have done this successfully the last two years in my building. You stream everything through the computer, and if you have a good connection you can hook it up to your TV and get HD on it just as if you had a satellite.

You need to call DirecTV and inquire about this because its not regularly advertised. I'm not sure why, but it's sort of like a hidden package that they offer. I guess they don't want to encourage people not to buy their other programming. I was skeptical about this at first but spoke to a rep who knew exactly what I was talking about and hooked me up. You just need to call up and ask, and if they don't know what you're talking about ask them to consult with their manager because its 100% legit.

Hope that helps!!

not sure, but very tempted. Says you do not have to sign up for DTV - just have access to the games on your devices. I was thinking there is a catch myself but I don't think there is.

If this really works ill buy it tomorrow...I just wish I knew someone who's done it before

If this really works ill buy it tomorrow...I just wish I knew someone who's done it before

I think it would kind of fall in line with the service Hoagie is talking about but w/ out a subscription. Here is the FAQ from amazon:

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

There's an inexpensive way to watch the games not live from nfl.com. I think you get replays from one team of your choosing for 29.95. Directv is the only way I know to do it live

There's an inexpensive way to watch the games not live from nfl.com. I think you get replays from one team of your choosing for 29.95. Directv is the only way I know to do it live

I've heard about this too - aren't you allowed to watch the game about 3 hours after the actual finish?

Guys,

If your building cannot allow DirecTV or you have a "line of sight" issue where your apartment is facing a direction that doesn't obtain signal, DirecTV will provide you with their Internet access to Sunday NFL Ticket.

The downside is that it's the same cost as the regular Sunday Ticket, but you get access to all the games as well as Redzone. I have done this successfully the last two years in my building. You stream everything through the computer, and if you have a good connection you can hook it up to your TV and get HD on it just as if you had a satellite.

You need to call DirecTV and inquire about this because its not regularly advertised. I'm not sure why, but it's sort of like a hidden package that they offer. I guess they don't want to encourage people not to buy their other programming. I was skeptical about this at first but spoke to a rep who knew exactly what I was talking about and hooked me up. You just need to call up and ask, and if they don't know what you're talking about ask them to consult with their manager because its 100% legit.

Hope that helps!!

Thank you but I am able to get direct tv but I'm locked in a contract with Fios and I do like everything about Fios except for the fact that I can't get Sunday Ticket

Thank you but I am able to get direct tv but I'm locked in a contract with Fios and I do like everything about Fios except for the fact that I can't get Sunday Ticket

This is why I hope someone else gets the NFL rights besides DTV. There are some good cable companies out there - even locally - that are much better than DTV. I have never really been a fan of DTV - I hate having to negotiate lower rates every year...its crazy.

This is why I hope someone else gets the NFL rights besides DTV. There are some good cable companies out there - even locally - that are much better than DTV. I have never really been a fan of DTV - I hate having to negotiate lower rates every year...its crazy.

I know. I have to call tomorrow to tell them I'm going to cancel sunday ticket just so they offer me at least $100 off. Every year same thing. It's annoying

Does this work?

Yes, it works. You buy the Madden game for $100 (make sure it's the Anniversary edition that includes Sunday Ticket). It's $40 more than the version that doesn't include Sunday Ticket, but if you have no other way to get the games, $100 is a great deal, especially if you sell the Madden game for $50 or $60 to someone that wants it.

I know. I have to call tomorrow to tell them I'm going to cancel sunday ticket just so they offer me at least $100 off. Every year same thing. It's annoying

I finally had to give it up this year. I'll be watching games with my family this year so I don't need it anyway - yet, atleast. Its funny, when calling to cancel they offered ticket for free - I was half way tempted to stay, but I was hoping even after this year there is another option other than DTV.

I've got the dish on the roof still just in case I have to come crawling back LMAO.

I have direct tv but don't want to pay for Sunday ticket nor nfl network. I would do what pg says and watch some games that they show in your area, bar for others . I can't watch all games live bc I have two girls 2 and 7. I also have Sirius so will listen to all games live.

I really get tired of the crap you have to put up with to watch whatever is your favorite team. You would think with all the technology that is available, they would offer a package that a fan could just purchase the games they want and be done with it. I've had NFL Sunday Ticket since 2000 but they pull the blackout if Eagles game is on local market stations. Then you will get the local station cutting away from the Eagles 1 PM game at the end (regardless of the score) if the Steelers are hosting an NFC team late OR if the Steelers are the early game, they won't cut to the late Eagles game regardless because the local station is in the Steeler market. All I honestly want is to watch all 16 Eagles games from kickoff to end of game handshake and I'll pay a reasonable cost to do so - SCREW the FCC rules and NFL blackouts.

http://www.amazon.co...madden preorder

I bought this and got it today. Yes, it works. I will use a chromecast to stream it to my tv.

Stream

I hope that's a legal site, otherwise you may be looking at a suspension or banning... be careful. Others weren't and learned the hard way.

I bought this and got it today. Yes, it works. I will use a chromecast to stream it to my tv.

Do you have direct tv and if not are you able to get it though?

I have direct tv but don't want to pay for Sunday ticket nor nfl network. I would do what pg says and watch some games that they show in your area, bar for others . I can't watch all games live bc I have two girls 2 and 7. I also have Sirius so will listen to all games live.

Go to ATNFL and look for the thread "Concerning DirecTV", there's a big discussion about how to make DirecTV give you the Sunday Ticket for free.

Edit:

I finally had to give it up this year. I'll be watching games with my family this year so I don't need it anyway - yet, atleast. Its funny, when calling to cancel they offered ticket for free - I was half way tempted to stay, but I was hoping even after this year there is another option other than DTV.

I've got the dish on the roof still just in case I have to come crawling back LMAO.

I am doing away with it after 13 years. And yes they offered it for free to me.

Lol

I just refuse to spend that much time on sports anymore.

Just to many other things more enjoyable to take up my time.

A couple games on Sunday, Mondays game and this site and that's about it for me.

Still might be worth a try. What do you have to lose?

Still might be worth a try. What do you have to lose?

Do you think I should just say I can't get a signal?