Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AllHailDawk

Out of Market Viewing Options

Is the consensus that you can 100% use the log-in even if you can GET directv?

And can I still buy it ?

Madden deal is no longer available and I missed it. I am kicking myself right now because I don't feel like going to the bar 8-10 times this year which of course would cost more. I would have bought it by now if I either A) still had my Xbox B) couldn't watch the Eagles week 1. I think I am going to finally give into the Slingbox this year and set it up at my brother's place. I've been holding out for like 7 years, I can't believe there still isn't a better alternative.

Is the consensus that you can 100% use the log-in even if you can GET directv?

And can I still buy it ?

You can use it whether or not you technically could get DTV. They say it is for those who can't, but there is no check when you login.

Unfortunately the anniversary edition with Sunday ticket is sold out at this point though

Well not sure with the iPad, but with the GS4 you can buy an MHL adapter that plugs into the micro-usb port, and the other end lets you plug an hdmi cable into it. This is the one I got and it works perfectly to display my screen to the TV. MHL to HDMI

That's my first option. Sometimes apps will disable HDMI output for stuff like this though (happened to me with NFL Mobile from Verizon). If that's the case, I'm going to try sending it from my PC to the TV with my Chromecast

It has HDMI out, but it is a desktop and way too much work to move it to the living room. I kind of skipped the laptop this time around in my computing upgrades, got a desktop PC and a Tablet for when I need something more mobile.

I assume the problem you are going to run into here is battery life, if you connect power to it as well I am sure that will help but getting through a whole game will be pushing it. I know people have that issue with Netflix.