Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

Dallas 2-1, GNATS & SKINS 0-3

I'm not proclaiming anything. I stand by my prediction of at least 8 wins for the Giants, but I'm not freaking out over any of this ish, since its still very much wide open. That being said, how many of these games have you watched within the NFCE? Its far from impressive, and it does little to boost the level of confidence.

Watched quite a bit, and yes they haven't looked good...I just don't think we know anything about any of those teams yet. Are the Dolphins and Bengals for real? Are the 49ers suddenly garbage? They've certainly looked it for two weeks now. Are the Giants gonna be picking first overall next April? Impossible to tell. I'll try to predict some of these things once Thanksigivng comes around.

Watched quite a bit, and yes they haven't looked good...I just don't think we know anything about any of those teams yet. Are the Dolphins and Bengals for real? Are the 49ers suddenly garbage? They've certainly looked it for two weeks now. Are the Giants gonna be picking first overall next April? Impossible to tell. I'll try to predict some of these things once Thanksigivng comes around.

Its too early to tell for sure, yes, but based on what has transpired, no realistic fan of an NFC East team is pleased with what has gone down so far. There is sloppy, and then there is downright ugly, and overcoming ugly, even at this early stage, is far from easy.

Dallas doesn't have much. I think the only thing they might have going for them early on is familiarity. The players and coaches know the scheme and are familiar with each other. The Giants have no running game, and a marginal defense Eli is going to look alot like the duck and chuck of old, Washington might get things together eventually but they just arent' the same team without RG3 being able to run. Which he can't do right now. I thought their defense would be better but its been awful so far. Its going to be close with Dallas might come down to the season finale in Dallas. Even after we go 1-3 following our loss in Denver it doesn't mean the seasons over lets pack it in. Far from it.

Dallas made the switch from the 3-4 to the 4-3, and completely re-did their offense, far less "familiarity" than the Skins and NY. Again, not saying Dallas is great, but the "they don't have much" is a bit of a stretch...they have one of the best TE's in the NFL, and a very good WR (Bryant), then when you add in Miles Austin that is a pretty potent receiving group, on a week to week basis a good QB, and on defense they have an elite DE in Demarcus Ware...really a good DL and good LB corp, Sean Lee is considered by many to be a very good LB, and an average secondary.......their big weakness (and it's a big one) is the OL....not a bad roster

Its too early to tell for sure, yes, but based on what has transpired, no realistic fan of an NFC East team is pleased with what has gone down so far. There is sloppy, and then there is downright ugly, and overcoming ugly, even at this early stage, is far from easy.

Dallas hasn't looked near as sloppy as the other 3 teams....they really haven't been sloppy at all...they just have a poor running game and are therefore struggling on offense. Other than the 4th quarter vs NY their defense has been damn good.

Now I knew Dallas was 8 or so win team to start the season, so I am not too po'd, this is about what I expected. NY and Skins fans thought they had legit 11-12 win teamsthough...so I think this is a shock for you.

They are the only team is the East that resembles a complete team, even though they aren't neccessarily one. The Eagles have no defense, the Giants have no offense, and the Skins have neither. Dallas at least has both units playing well enough to win.

I feel like you're kind of implying that the Giants have a defense here. They're defense has been atrocious this season as well. They just gave up 38 to the freaking Panthers. I know the offense put them in some terrible spots, but they are really, really bad on both sides of the ball. Just awful really. The best part about it is it isn't like they are a young team learning how to win in the NFL the hard way. They are a veteren squad and most of their key guys are getting up there in years. It could get way worse before it gets better.

I feel like you're kind of implying that the Giants have a defense here. They're defense has been atrocious this season as well. They just gave up 38 to the freaking Panthers. I know the offense put them in some terrible spots, but they are really, really bad on both sides of the ball. Just awful really. The best part about it is it isn't like they are a young team learning how to win in the NFL the hard way. They are a veteren squad and most of their key guys are getting up there in years. It could get way worse before it gets better.

In actuality, the defense has played much better than expected. The offense has done NOTHING. AT ALL. They are 10/34 on 3rd down conversions, and 0/2 on 4th. They've rushed for 133 TOTAL yards in 3 games, and have a -9 turnover ratio. Gave up 11 sacks. The stats are saying that they average 26:00 TOP, but I find that shocking to believe. Seriously.

Even the greatest defense is going to wear out in a game where they are on the field for as much as those guys are. I'm not calling them a great defense by any stretch, but obviously you haven't watched them, because you would have seen that they have been more than "put in some terrible spots". They've been hung out to dry in every possible way, and in all 3 games. Not making excuses, but stating some facts. You have to get some offensive production for your defense to be able to hold up, and that is why the defense looks so much worse than they actually are.

the division is as wide open as a prostitute's legs.......right now 0-3 means nothing

:roll: Would you be singing the same tune if Skins weren't 0-3?

The sad part here is you are probably right..they're probably not winning in KC next week so they'll be 0 for September..As big of an optimist as I am, I said the only thing that would sabatogue this year is OL failures and that's what's happening..Eli has weapons good enough to win a SB with but you can't play with them from the ground...I've wanted a big mauling OG for the last 2 years and the Giants have gone in other directions via the draft...this year, unfortunately, they may be in a position to get a blue chip OL...

The sad part here is you are probably right..they're probably not winning in KC next week so they'll be 0 for September..As big of an optimist as I am, I said the only thing that would sabatogue this year is OL failures and that's what's happening..Eli has weapons good enough to win a SB with but you can't play with them from the ground...I've wanted a big mauling OG for the last 2 years and the Giants have gone in other directions via the draft...this year, unfortunately, they may be in a position to get a blue chip OL...

:huh:

Like who Cruz?

Nicks clearly can't run anymore and was blanketed all game yeatersay by a couple of guys off the PS and another off the street with 3 career games between them and the other "weapons" at RB & TE are not remotely close to championship-caliber players.

:huh:

Like who Cruz?

Nicks clearly can't run anymore and was blanketed all game yeatersay by a couple of guys off the PS and another off the street with 3 career games between them and the other "weapons" at RB & TE are not remotely close to championship-caliber players.

Hard to find your best WR from the turf...stop with this Nicks can't run anymore crap...he's been running well all season...you look like a horse's a** everytime you harp on something that clearly isn't there...

Hard to find your best WR from the turf...stop with this Nicks can't run anymore crap...he's been running well all season...you look like a horse's a** everytime you harp on something that clearly isn't there...

No player would make an NFL roster if they literally "couldn't run anymore", obviously I meant that he can't move like he once did due to the cumulative affect of so many leg/foot surgeries and to claim otherwise you must be hallucinating.

So even giving you Cruz & IMO a dimished Nicks that's not nearly enough "weapons" to win a SB. It wouldn't matter if they had Rice & Carter in their prime at WR because as I also repeatedly said when a D can just totally disregard the run game they'll find a way to limit any O's one dimension no matter how good it is and jersey's passing O needs play-action to execute at it's best and without that you get what we saw yesterday.

The most significant thing I saw (in person) from jersey on the field and from the players on the sideline (that I honestly never thought I would) was a team that flat out quit with essentially a whole half still to play.

the division is as wide open as a prostitute's legs.......right now 0-3 means nothing

It does for the Skins. Don't let RG3s garbage time passing stats fool you. The Skins stink and will back back to their usual spot in the basement after lasy year's anomaly. I think you guys have the worst defense and your secondary is worst than the Eagles. Good luck trying to run the tables because the schedule doesn't get any easier.

You're right, the skins are about to go on a 13 game winning streak according to you. Can't wait to see that happen.

Cowboys winning the division. They'll win their wildcard game at home then lose to Seattle.

i would take that, lol

I think the Giants defense has been much better than I expected, I really expected them to be horrid. The truth is you just keep a defense out there all day and sooner or later they are going to get tired and fall apart, and that has been what happened to the Giants. Right now the Giants OL is putrid...I mean this is the worst I have ever seem them, especially in the interior. Cruz and Nicks are fine, even Randall has shown promise out there, but it's just hard to do anything when the QB can't even set his feet. I mean look at the difference good protection has made for Jay Cutler. If NY were to load up on the OL this offeseason, they would be fine. Also I think they could improve as the year goes on, right before the season started they had to shuffle 3 guys around. I'm not saying they will morph into the 92 Cowboys OL, but they could evolve from garbage to slightly below average...which would make a huge difference

:roll: Would you be singing the same tune if Skins weren't 0-3?

I dont believe that he would, but then that is the point. 0-3 in this division means nothing at the moment, thought at least the Giants have gotten Denver out of the way already.

I think the Giants defense has been much better than I expected, I really expected them to be horrid. The truth is you just keep a defense out there all day and sooner or later they are going to get tired and fall apart, and that has been what happened to the Giants. Right now the Giants OL is putrid...I mean this is the worst I have ever seem them, especially in the interior. Cruz and Nicks are fine, even Randall has shown promise out there, but it's just hard to do anything when the QB can't even set his feet. I mean look at the difference good protection has made for Jay Cutler. If NY were to load up on the OL this offeseason, they would be fine. Also I think they could improve as the year goes on, right before the season started they had to shuffle 3 guys around. I'm not saying they will morph into the 92 Cowboys OL, but they could evolve from garbage to slightly below average...which would make a huge difference

Their pass rush is non-existent, their LB corp is one of the worst in the league and outside of the Prince their secondary totally blows. They haven't given up 115 pts through 3 games especially including 38 to an offensively challenged, grind it out Panther's team just due to fatigue.

No OL can hold up for long when the opposing D can just give the run a cursory glance on their way to the QB on every snap and with play-action being totally ignored their passing game isn't the threat it once was.

Seriously why don't you quit sucking up for once and call a spade a spade like you never seen to have a problem doing when it's Philly and even the Pokes (outside of Romo)?

it will be interesting to have rivalry games in which both teams suck bawls, but are still competing for the division. The seats might even cheapen up enough to get the riff raff in the stadiums causing noise and mayhem. cant wait. hears to everyone sucking fairly evenly

The Eagles just need to stay a game or 2 within the Cowboys and beat them when they play them. If they can't do that, they don't deserve to win this sorry division.

It does for the Skins. Don't let RG3s garbage time passing stats fool you. The Skins stink and will back back to their usual spot in the basement after lasy year's anomaly. I think you guys have the worst defense and your secondary is worst than the Eagles. Good luck trying to run the tables because the schedule doesn't get any easier.

And your schedule get easier?

Spoken like a true fan of a loser team.

Who gives a flying F about the Division crown when any one of the 4 teams would get BLOWN THE F OUT in the playoffs, assuming they continue to play anywhere near the level of what they're playing now.