Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

Dallas 2-1, GNATS & SKINS 0-3

First of all, how about you do some of the work yourself. Everyone in here has been doing the work for you and then you gloss over what's provided and blow it off. More hits = more injuries, they may not be significant injuries, but over time they add up, which causes the body to break down. Running QB's take more hit that your prototypical pocket passer, why is this? Because they have a 1500-2000 pound offensive line to protect them.

A friend and I were talking about this and he said something I completely agree with

BTW, Steve McNair says hello from the grave, now pull your dress up and go make me a sammich, pound Fin sand while you're at it.

Yep thats what i thought don....you couldnt find any mobile qbs to use as a yard sticks apart from vick and rg3.

and on your friend....let me ask you this....what QB took the most hits last season?

Apart from rg3 and vick ...why dont you list mobile qbs that are often injured?

Off the top of my head: Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb. Along with Vick, those are probably the top 4 iconic mobile QBs of the past 25 years and they were all injury prone.

I'm not sure about mobile QBs from previous generations, i.e. Fran Tarkenton and Jim Zorn. Maybe one of the old timers knows.

No one ever claimed that mobile QBs are the only players that suffer concussions. Any player, QB or otherwise, can suffer a concussion. That said, I think its safe to say that mobile QBs are more likely to suffer concussions because of the simple fact that they are hit more often. It's really that simple. Every time a player gets hit, there's a chance of a concussion. Generally speaking, mobile QBs get hit much more than pocket QBs. Therefore, mobile QBs are more likely to suffer concussions.

Stats will prove otherwise......the most hit Qbs last season were pocket passers

Andrew luck was the most hit QB....aaron rodgers and jay cutler were in the top 10 of the most hit qbs....so when you have a bad o-line..being mobile can make you avoid those hits by sliding and running out of bounds

Off the top of my head: Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb. Along with Vick, those are probably the top 4 iconic mobile QBs of the past 25 years and they were all injury prone.

I'm not sure about mobile QBs from previous generations, i.e. Fran Tarkenton and Jim Zorn. Maybe one of the old timers knows.

Is tony romo not injury prone?

Stats will prove otherwise......the most hit Qbs last season were pocket passers

To really get a good evaluation you would need to look at more than one year. Also you would need to look at averages and not just extremes. For example, some teams with immobile QBs had terrible offensive lines last year (i.e. Arizona), so their QBs were annihilated. Indy was also pretty atrocious. On the other hand, guys like Peyton Manning, Matt Shuab and Tom Brady were barely sacked at all. The question should be: what is the average (mean) number of hits a mobile QB takes in a year vs. a pocket QB?

I'm pretty sure the result would be that pocket passers are hit less. But it would depend on a lot of factors including how you defined the terms.

Andrew luck was the most hit QB....aaron rodgers and jay cutler were in the top 10 of the most hit qbs....so when you have a bad o-line..being mobile can make you avoid those hits by sliding and running out of bounds

No doubt, there can be advantages to being mobile and one of them is avoid hits. But that requires sliding or getting out of bounds. If you do this then being a mobile QB can be a major advantage. Unfortunately it's just a fact that guys like Steve Young, Mike Vick, Randell Cunningham, RG3 do not play the game that way. Perhaps this new generation of mobile QBs will learn from their predecessor's mistakes.

Yep thats what i thought don....you couldnt find any mobile qbs to use as a yard sticks apart from vick and rg3.

and on your friend....let me ask you this....what QB took the most hits last season?

LOL, that's what you think? It isn't that I couldn't find any, I didn't bother to look, I'm tired of doing the work for you. You want to make a case to defend your argument, provide proof, otherwise STFU.

LOL, that's what you think? It isn't that I couldn't find any, I didn't bother to look, I'm tired of doing the work for you. You want to make a case to defend your argument, provide proof, otherwise STFU.

i have provided proof that pocket passers are more hit than mobile qbs ....thus debunking your theory that mobile qbs get more hit ...when in fact being mobile help reduce the chances of u getting hit by running out of bounds and sliding

i have provided proof that pocket passers are more hit than mobile qbs ....thus debunking your theory that mobile qbs get more hit ...when in fact being mobile help reduce the chances of u getting hit by running out of bounds and sliding

Link?

Generally, the hits that QBs take in the pocket are far more likely to cause an injury than the high-speed collisions that occur when a mobile QB is on the run. There are rules in place to protect pocket passers- defenders can't go low at the knees, can't go high and make contact with the helmet. You're making a losing argument here.

Generally, the hits that QBs take in the pocket are far more likely to cause an injury than the high-speed collisions that occur when a mobile QB is on the run. There are rules in place to protect pocket passers- defenders can't go low at the knees, can't go high and make contact with the helmet. You're making a losing argument here.

Kz, didn't you mean to say "far LESS likely"???

Tell that to tom brady, carson palmer, kevin kolb, joe thiesman ....was joe thiesman running when L.T ended his career?

You're seriously are completely clueless. That "QB hit's" column is how many times a QB was hit "in the pocket" not how many times combined they were hit (in the pocket and running). :nonono:

So Skin's QBs were hit 80 times (tied with the Lions for 11 most in the league) just in the pocket and how many times was bob hit on his 120 rushing attempts?

Even if it was only on half of them (and we all know it was way more than that) he would have been hit 140 times, by far the most in the league by a wide margin.

You're seriously are completely clueless. That "QB hit's" column is how many times a QB was hit "in the pocket" not how many times combined they were hit (in the pocket and running). :nonono:

So Skin's QBs were hit 80 times (tied with the Lions for 11 most in the league) just in the pocket and how many times was bob hit on his 120 rushing attempts?

Even if it was only on half of them (and we all know it was way more than that) he would have been hit 140 times, by far the most in the league by a wide margin.

even when you combine it ...luck was hit more than rg3 ...according to a stat shown on nfl network

even when you combine it ...luck was hit more than rg3 ...according to a stat shown on nfl network

And yet Luck still has both of his knees.

WTF? :wacko:

Just because Luck is by far the better QB when executing an offense from the pocket than bob will ever be doesn't mean he is an immobile "pocket passer" as his 62 rushing attempts would attest. Unlike bob he's also smart enough to get out of bounds/slide when he does tuck it.

On a "per pass attempt basis" combined with runs bob gets hit more than any QB in the league by a wide margin.

Poor Pastor Troy, if I could donate Vick to your team I would. Then you could have the single greatest combination of glass the league has ever seen.

Poor Pastor Troy, if I could donate Vick to your team I would. Then you could have the single greatest combination of glass the league has ever seen.

I think you have donated enough to teams in kevin kolb ...

source?

Any "source" I could post, including basic math would just go completely over your head.

I'll say 1 thing for you neil&bob you're really on a hell of a roll. Not even counting all of the other NFL-related topics you've already proven to not have clue 1 on we can now add understanding picks versus the spread and interpreting simple player stats to the list just from today and it's only 11:30. :roll:

I think you have donated enough to teams in kevin kolb ...

More like fleeced, we got a starter and 2nd rd pick for Kolb.

And since I'm sure the word "fleeced" is just another term you're unfamiliar with, one way to explain it would be "what the Rams did to the Skins in the bob deal" althouigh highway robbery would probably be more appropriate.

Any "source" I could post, including basic math would just go completely over your head.

I'll say 1 thing for you neil&bob you're really on a hell of a roll. Not even counting all of the other NFL-related topics you've already proven to not have clue 1 on we can now add understanding picks versus the spread and interpreting simple player stats to the list just from today and it's only 11:30. :roll:

provide your source and stop typing crop of crap

provide your source and stop typing crop of crap

You calling any other member's posts a "crop of crap" is like the elephant man calling Miss Universe homely. :roll:

Seriously kid, don't you ever get tired of being made a complete fool of by anyone here who even bothers to respond to your nonstop idiocy?

You calling any other member's posts a "crop of crap" is like the elephant man calling Miss Universe homely. :roll:

Seriously kid, don't you ever get tired of being made a complete fool of by anyone here who even bothers to respond to your nonstop idiocy?

stil cant provide a source.... :roll: :roll: