Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmart102

Who will you be rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Who do you want to win the super bowl?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hope wins?

• Broncos
    • Seahawks

If you don't like Seattle, then you're an old fart. This is the Buddy Ryan Eagles/'85 Bears reincarnated in an age that style of football has no business dominating in. They beat their chests like pro wrestlers, they fill the bulletin board on weekly basis and they beat the living bejeezus out of their opponents on sundays.

If you don't like the Seahawks, go play fantasy football...with your wife.

If you don't like Seattle, then you're an old fart. This is the Buddy Ryan Eagles/'85 Bears reincarnated in an age that style of football has no business dominating in. They beat their chests like pro wrestlers, they fill the bulletin board on weekly basis and they beat the living bejeezus out of their opponents on sundays.

On the flip side if you "like" pro wrestling then it's a toss up on what you have fewer of, teeth or IQ points and are most likely dating a blood relative.

Broncos. Partly because I despise Richard Sherman and partly because I don't like that some people with learning disabilities argue that Eli is better than Peyton because of the rings.

"C'mon Man", the greatest WR in Poke's history pushed off all the way to Canton. ;)

:lol: , well I disagree with that to a point, he definitely had a push off move he used as part of his repertoire, but it wasn't the only way he got open. That was also a different time, a time when DB's were allowed to man handle WR's all over the field. It also wasn't the basis of the whole cowboy passing attack, probably half of Denver's plays are based on offensive players running into DB's, and on those WR screens the receivers are blocking DB's before and during the time the ball is in the air.

It's maddening when you play the colts or Seahawks, you breath on Manning or one of his WR's, and the flag is coming, but they are running around committing offensive PI on 1/2 the plays, and then with Seattle, they are hugging receivers 20 yards down the filed...it should be pretty interesting how it plays out.

It's what happens in the NFL when you are really good and get a reputation for being one of the best...you get the benefit of the doubt. I remember in Dieon Sanders prime, he would hold WR's, grab them coming out of the break and it was never called. The Dallas OL could grab and tackle guys, and you'd never see a flag

Denver. Like to see Peyton get his second, cement his spot as best QB of the generation. I already have him ahead of Brady but this should sway some of the simple minded that still harp on super bowl totals as their only argument.

Broncos. Partly because I despise Richard Sherman and partly because I don't like that some people with learning disabilities argue that Eli is better than Peyton because of the rings.

Real nice, call out people with learning disabilities because no one that has all their facilities has ever said Eli was better than Peyton.

Link or STFU

Denver

Why...Seattle getting a title before the Eagles makes our long suffering feel even worse knowing that Seattle AND Tampa Bay, two expansion teams in the 70s, now have titles. I also think Seattle is going to be lost without their beloved 12th man, Wilson will continue to struggle and the team will come out way too cocky while Denver will be much more prepared, Fox and Manning have been there before.

I also would love to see Peyton win one on his brother's home turf, maybe even retire at the end. There has been some speculation if he would do that. Would be a fitting end. Two rings, so many records, would be first QB to take two different teams to SB titles, 1st ballot hall of famer. He has nothing left to prove.

Real nice, call out people with learning disabilities because no one that has all their facilities has ever said Eli was better than Peyton.

I read it all the time on ESPN.com and Facebook from people. Eli has two rings, therefore is better than Peyton. I would assume however most, including NYG fans do not even thing that, would gladly trade Eli for Peyton.

I honestly don't get why people care about other teams winning the title before us. It doesn't give us any less titles, so why does it matter?

Besides, we have three titles already. The whole "no Super Bowls" thing is just semantics.

Seahawks.

I don't like the fact that the Broncos essentially bought their superstar QB to join their stacked roster. The Seahawks built their team the right way, so I hope they come out on top.

I read it all the time on ESPN.com and Facebook from people. Eli has two rings, therefore is better than Peyton. I would assume however most, including NYG fans do not even thing that, would gladly trade Eli for Peyton.

You've read articles on ESPN.com that say Eli is better than Peyton? Or are you referring to the comments section?

Yeah seriously, nobody on the planet thinks Eli is better than Peyton. Perhaps some Giants fans throw the two Super Bowl argument out there tongue in cheek but everyone knows Eli is a middle of the road QB while Peyton is an all time great.

I honestly don't get why people care about other teams winning the title before us. It doesn't give us any less titles, so why does it matter?

Besides, we have three titles already. The whole "no Super Bowls" thing is just semantics.

Because it already sucks enough to hear Cowboys, Giants and Skins fans brag but a Seahawks fan bragging about a franchise who is 293-303 (11-12 in playoffs), didn't give a damn about their team until they moved into their stadium bragging really blows. Being from Maryland, hearing Ravens fans brag about their 2 titles...I hate it. They stole a team from Cleveland.

Yeah we have the three titles. Last one 54 years ago but that means zero to me in 2014. Just like when a Cowboys fan tried to rub it in our face about their titles. I remind them we do have three titles, won in a tougher era but it's hard to brag about something that happened before I was born, long before every current player was born. It sucks seeing franchises who have seen more embarrassment than success, have been around less that closer to something we haven't won yet.

Duh. Let's rephrase, who will you be rooting against least?

You're missing my point, then. I don't "root" for any other team at all :lol:

You've read articles on ESPN.com that say Eli is better than Peyton? Or are you referring to the comments section?

BOTH however there have been plenty of articles from ESPN, Bleacher Report to the NY Daily News claiming Eli was better...and there was no debate either!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9488349/tiki-barber-believes-eli-manning-new-york-giants-better-peyton-manning-denver-broncos

Tiki Barber: Eli better than Peyton

Updated: July 18, 2013, 2:03 PM ET

Tiki Barber, who once questioned Eli Manning's leadership abilities, now thinks the New York Giants quarterback has improved to the point that he is better than his brother Peyton.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7467246/nfl-hangover-says-eli-manning-better-qb-brother-peyton-manning

Is Eli Manning > Peyton Manning?

Originally Published: January 16, 2012

We might have had it wrong all these years. Peyton Manning always was regarded as the premier Manning quarterback. Eli was the little brother -- less talented, less successful, less interesting, less everything.

But by almost every standard, one can make the case that Eli is the best Manning and Peyton is the forgotten runner-up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1044610-6-reasons-eli-manning-is-already-a-better-qb-than-big-brother-peyton

6 Reasons Eli Manning Is Already a Better QB Than Big Brother Peyton

January 30, 2012

Over the past couple of weeks, there has been talk about how Eli will be considered a better quarterback than Peyton, if he beats the Patriots this weekend and wins a second Super Bowl ring.

But here's the thing. What if he's already better than his big brother?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/forget-peyton-eli-manning-better-rest-article-1.1018324

Forget Peyton Manning, Super Bowl XLVI MVP Eli Manning is better than the rest

February 6, 2012

Clutch play and title rings makes Giant QB the best

Eli Manning is not only better than Peyton; he leads him two rings to one and is a far more accomplished big-game player but he's the best quarterback in the NFL. Now he has The Throw on his resume, one of the greatest pressure passes in Super Bowl history.

I was rooting for Broncos before the bandwagons decided to root for them after the Sherman comment. Most of you were going with Hawks :roll:

Umm so according to you, if someone doesn't like the Seahawks that somehow makes them less of a fan? Wtf?

BOTH. Mostly fan comments but there have been articles.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9488349/tiki-barber-believes-eli-manning-new-york-giants-better-peyton-manning-denver-broncos

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7467246/nfl-hangover-says-eli-manning-better-qb-brother-peyton-manning

Other sites...http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1044610-6-reasons-eli-manning-is-already-a-better-qb-than-big-brother-peyton

Yikes. No wonder Tiki's media career never took off. Although I would venture to say that was a "make up" article for some of the negative comments he had years prior.

I think we can all agree the ESPN comments section is like TATE on steroids when it comes to idiotic posts.

Yikes. No wonder Tiki's media career never took off. Although I would venture to say that was a "make up" article for some of the negative comments he had years prior.

I think we can all agree the ESPN comments section is like TATE on steroids when it comes to idiotic posts.

And NY Daily News...pretty biased.

If you don't like Seattle, then you're an old fart. they beat the living bejeezus out of their opponents on sundays.

They beat the bejeezus out of their oppenents? Since when? They have played more close games (and to some horrible teams), even at home. They far from dominated in theor two playoff games (23-15, 23-17). Yesterday was a tough battle, a lot of big hits but still, the Niners had a chance to win but Kapernick threw that stupid INT in the endzone.

12-7 over Panthers

23-20 over Texans

14-9 over Rams

20-13 over Titans at home

27-24 over Buccaneers at home

17-10 LOSS to Cardinals at home

34-28 LOSS to Colts

19-17 LOSS to 49ers

Mike Glennon had a 123 QB rating, completed 73% of his passes, 2td/0int and his horrible Buccaneers came within a field goal in Seattle. Broncos will beat them and four reasons why:

1. They haven't faced a offense like the Broncos 2. They will be too cocky/overconfident 3. Russell Wilson will struggle 4. No 12th Man!