Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Release WR DeSean Jackson

this is a nightmare for every eagles fan. I really hope they have a huge trade for another wr in the works because I don't trust maclins injury history and im not sure cooper and ertz are the answer.

Sooooo... all of the media hype was not just media hype. I agree with Kelce - I am still encouraged by the direction of the team, but the way the DJack situation was handled was not good....

why this website did not comment anything when rumors started???

shame on you!

I think its all about $$$...

one of out best players released... I hate to say this but we are going nowhere...

How do you talk locker room culture, neglect to discipline Cooper, give him a multi-year contract, & release DJax for doing....NOTHING? This is a joke, & insult.

Eagles' leadership, Shame on you! Shame on you ALL!

The way you handled this is nutts!

Now, on ESPN you should hear how they are assassinating DjAX's image...

SHAME ON YOU!

Lets be real, has Desean ever really been a team guy? He is 27, wants a new deal every two years, to be paid as a top 5 guy. I think the system spreads the ball enough that they can either pick someone up in FA or draft another speed guy, 4.3 guys are out there in this draft. Also, I really don't think he has been the same since the big hit vs Atlanta a couple seasons ago. And, when was the last time he took a punt back?

Well, this isn't a nightmare for me! He's just another one of those heavy on talent but light on character type players I don't want on my team. I'm beginning to respect Chip more and more with each passing day!

Everyone will know the reasons soon enough.......Chip wouldn't release his best WR for no reason.....Be mad at Desean for not acting civilized, not our Coach or GM.........

ESPN analysts killed DJAX's image even though they dnt have all the facts.

I dnt think he committed any crimes, nor affiliated to gangs. Looks like, old old friends may have.

Case of guilty by association...He will go to the jets, am sure...

After everyone gets over the shock of this Jackson release I believe we will be alright. Kelly has already stated that going forward more teams are going to be playing man to man coverage against us. He knows that Jackson has difficulties getting open against man to man coverage. Chip has also stated that Maclin is a great route runner against man to man and that is why they signed him. I'm willing to wait and see what is in our future as far as wide receivers are concerned.

I was hoping for at least a couple of draft pick, but I guess no one wanted his current contract. I wish him good fortune.

Everyones upset, and to be honest I am too.....Christ I came out to his punt return TD call for my wedding................But I do know that even though we lost all that speed and talent, it had to be done......The players in the Locker room hated him....Not one player came to the stage to put out a good word for him, not even Maclin........Plus now they'll prob draft a WR instaed of grabbing a DB or DE/OLB which really pisses me off!!! The baggage will all come out soon, perfect time for the Raiders to grab em LOL

Not a surprise, bad influence and a whiner. I'm sure Chip has a plan and we'll be fine. Djack is his own worse enemy.