Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Release WR DeSean Jackson

@ mjkline1958 - No, nothing else is needed. No need for the organization to comment and let us know why they released him... no need to tell the fan base anything. just thought the phillyeagles.com would have more info on this great site.

Why not go and try out ALESANA TUILAGI the rugby guy. Put this guy In pads as a running back for short yards or Outside Linebacker. He can run and hit. They don%u2019t call him the bulldozer for nothing. Youtube him.

I wouldn't worry about the eagles offense, shady and sproles will have big years , Macklin will be over 1000 yds receiving , he will be playing for that d jack money up for grabs. The offense line is a beast , Jason Peters running everybody over. Safety should be the 1st round pick,

Where was d jack at , during that saints playoff game.

With Desean gone the team is now completely free of scumbags with no work ethic. We have seen the result of having guys like him tainting the lockerroom, it was the "dream team" disaster.

Why not go and try out ALESANA TUILAGI the rugby guy. Put this guy In pads as a running back for short yards or Outside Linebacker. He can run and hit. They don’t call him the bulldozer for nothing. Youtube him.

Oh Sheet! I saw the youtube clip.

I'd rather use him as a pass rusher (DE)....lol

You don't even have the decency to show his highlights. He did more for this organization than most who have come and gone. And what's up with your web site anyway? Why is it so glitchy all of a sudden. I get a real bad feeling about this move. Get it together!

Amazing the number of people that are pissed off about this whole thing. Most of them probably make 1% of salary or less than that Mr. Jackson made. Like it or not the Eagles are a business to make money. We don't know the whole story, the one's doing the managing most likely do. They will do what is right to protect their organization and their business. In the end it is a shame, but there are others with just amount talent waiting in line and have a lot less baggage with them.

Riley Cooper get a raise for saying N------- and DJax get cut for hanging out with his N------. The Eagles donate money to the Sandusky charity and don't get scrutinize by the media or the fans for knowingly donating to a man who was molesting children. Remember don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. UNBELIEVABLE REGARDLESS IF D JAX WRONG FOR HANGING OUT WITH HIS HOMIES OR NOT. COOPER SITUATION WAS SWEPT UNDER THE RUG. JASON KELCE WAS WITH COOPER DURING THE INCIDENT. MARK SANCHEZ IS MEXICAN AND DESEAN HOMIES AND WHERE HE FROM BEEF WITH MEXICANS. BELEIVE HALF OF WHAT YOU HEAR AND HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE. I BEEN AN EAGLE FAN SINCE I WAS BORN. I AGREE KELCE WITH YOUR WEAK a**. THE DIRECTION THE ORGANIZATION IS GOING IS DISCRIMINATORY. SO OF COURSE YOU LIKE THE WAY THE ORGANIZATION IS GOING KELCE YOU WAS WITH COOPER. LISTEN TO RILEY COOPER PRESS CONFERENCE WHEN HE SIGNED HIS CONTRACT. IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE OTHER TWO RECEIVERS AND WHERE HE FIT IN. HE SAID I GUESS I WILL GO TO THE BENCH. HE BASICALLY WAS SAYING ARE YOU GOING TO GET RID OF DESEAN OR WHAT? THE EAGLES ARE NOW FULL OF ****. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET A BUNCH OF OREGON FOLKS RUNNING THE ORGANIZATION. DISCRIMNATORY ENVIRONMENT. OTHER BLACK PLAYERS WILL LEAVE OR NOT SIGN WITH THE EAGLES IN THE FUTURE. KEEP GIVING WHITE PLAYERS MONEY FOR BEING RACIST. IT WONT FLY IN THE CITY OF BROTHERLY LOVE. WE WATCHING.

The LAPD is saying Jackson was NOT involved with any gang activities. We released a pro bowl caliber player on hearsay....... What does our GM and Coach say now.

Still stunned - We cut our second best player and nobody on this site even covers it! I don't want 4 articles about a back up QB - I want to know what happened to our best receiver?! We finally have a chance to win the Bowl and we cut DJax? I hope Eagles brass has proof of something or this is the worst decision in NFL history.

There's already 6 teams trying to sign Jackson but we couldn't even get a draft pick for him WTF? FO gets an F for this move! Who are all these guys with as much talent that are waiting in line? Last I checked there weren't too many WR's in the NFL who put up 82-1300-9 last year. Now we need to replace Jackson and Avant in this draft and it usually takes rookie WR's at least a season, usually more, to adjust to the NFL game. I think our playoff chances for this year just took a big hit.

The LAPD is saying Jackson was NOT involved with any gang activities. We released a pro bowl caliber player on hearsay....... What does our GM and Coach say now.

It has nothing to do with hearsay, we have no idea what went in behind the scenes and in the locker room. The organization has a reason why they released him.

Have a little faith in the front office, most of you all probably didn't agree with replacing Vick with Foles..it seems to be working out. There is a reason we all aren't working the front office.

There's already 6 teams trying to sign Jackson but we couldn't even get a draft pick for him WTF? FO gets an F for this move! Who are all these guys with as much talent that are waiting in line? Last I checked there weren't too many WR's in the NFL who put up 82-1300-9 last year. Now we need to replace Jackson and Avant in this draft and it usually takes rookie WR's at least a season, usually more, to adjust to the NFL game. I think our playoff chances for this year just took a big hit.

Maclin will be back and they've added Sproles, And with a draft full of WR talent this year, I see it as a non issue.

Pretty certain Brandin Cooks out of Oregon State put up better numbers in college then Jackson and is faster. And he is listed as #6 in WR draft prospects.

Never saw such out cry of rage and hatred toward this organization over the release of one player. That has been displayed on this forum since the announcement was made of his release. There wasn't this much out rage over the loss of Dawkins. He was a class act who gave his all every snap and never caused a moments trouble. Not even the staunchest Jackson fan can say that about him. It's not the organizations fault that DeSean doesn't know how to choose his friends . Just because he isn't a member of a gang , doesn't mean he isn't associated with people who are. He even posted pictures of himself and one known gang member who had been tried in the murder of a 14 yr old boy onhis instragram page . If he didn't want it to become an issue he should have kept his association with them private. Sadly you are known by the company you keep.

Jackson was in complete control of his career. He made his own decisions on how he wanted to spend his time away from the team. Like it or not, the Eagles don't have to tolerate his behavior just because he is a talented player. Nor do they have to do so to satisfy fans personal attachment toward the guy.

@ Chuckito - Amazing the number of people that are ok with this....not even ok, they are glad they made this move. Bottom line is the move makes us worse THIS YEAR no matter how you sugar coat it. You should work for philadelphiaeagles.com,,,you'll fit right in with Spadaro & co. I don;t care how much money the players make, or how little they make. I'm a diehard iggles fan,,,always was and always will be to the day I die, no matter how much (or little) money I make. All I care about are my iggles and that the organization puts the best product out on the field each & every year going towards the goal of winning a super bowl. I think Jeff Laurie is doing quite alright financially with all of the money we have available under the salary cap.

@ forevereagles - Maybe all of the "outrage" is due to us being tired of all of their mistakes (T.O, Dawk & now jackson). They handled the T.O situation great, wouldn't you say? And letting Dawk go was very stupid....ditto Jackson.. what did we get for losing all of those players? Nadda We worse off offensively when T.O. was gone...and we were definitely worse off when we lost BDawk.

and ooooh, it's such a travesty that he tweeted some pic of him with a gang member from his childhood.. that's the same as murdering someone, right? SO what your saying is the eagles released a player because he doesn;t choose his friends wisely. You can probably look at every nba team and say the same for half of it's players lol I remember a guy by the name Allen Iverson who played for the 76ers. He's beloved and cherished in this town. Must be because of all of the great friends he has in his inner circle. I doubt any of them are into any sort of gangs or anything of that nature.

Sproles, Maclin and whomever the rookie is (I'd wager one of the 1st 2 picks) will make up for the loss of Jackson on the field...

And getting him out of the locker room will help EVERYONE. His attitude was a know problem going into the draft, he kept it together OK for the first few years...but you could see it coming.

It is better to get rid of a guy one year too early, than one year too late.

The T.O. situation was handled correctly by the Eagles....he was trying to bring the whole organization down with him...Dawk said the Eagles made him a reasonable offer....Denver tripled it (He was done after one season) the Eagles knew he didn't have much left.

Hard decisions have to be made, Dawk was one of them I am sure...

D-Jack? Not so much.

I don't understand, why they did not try to trade him before teams where running out of cap space. How can they get nothing for a pro bowl wide out. Take anything, just get more draft picks. IF he is cancer for the team then i understand trading him. But letting him go for nothing and after FA is picked apart. They got plenty of money now but to spend it on who? They need to get another couple picks. I beleive in Kelly's system and Maclin must look healthy for them to make a bold move. I would hate to see Mathis go and now with the cap room created by Djax release. They can afford his 5 mill a yr contract. He is coming off a pro bowl. There are guys that can do well though with Peters,Kelce,Johnson and Herremans they could trade Mathis. Teams need proven O lineman and if he could fetch a mid round and a late round. It could be worth it. The WR class is solid and the OL as well. 6 picks is not gonna cut it. Need 6 picks on the D side alone. Now they need a WR in the first 2 rounds. I still want a first rd safety need more pass rush and another beast DT. I expect them to be busy before and after the draft. The niners have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. Roseman and Gamble for sure have there eyes on some solid non drafted FA's. Bottom line Kelly's O can create weapons Maclin is a true pro and is always fighting. He turned Cooper into a solid number 2 or 3. Even the regional combines have a deep group of wide out's. Just think they would free up cap space in the beginning of FA.Hopefully with Maclin & Sproles, plus a good draft pick. Also can not forget Celek and Ertz are 2 good and different large TE's. Ertz is almost like a big wide out, he has great mobility and makes leaping grabs. Oh yeah, Polk and Brown are pretty good too. Just saying. The O will be fine, lets improve this D think the Jags did a great job on their D. Seattle and Carolina are the prototypes right now.

I can't believe some are claiming discriminatory action by the Eagles organization.

9 Eagles players have had their number retired by the Eagles since 1933. The last white guy played for them in 1966 and since then only 4 players who played for the Eagles have had their numbers retired - all 4 were black players.

5 Donovan McNabb QB 1999%u20132009

15 Steve Van Buren HB 1944%u201351

20 Brian Dawkins S 1996%u20132008

40 Tom Brookshier DB 1953%u201361

44 Pete Retzlaff RB, WR, TE 1956%u201366

60 Chuck Bednarik LB, C 1949%u201362

70 Al Wistert OT 1943%u201351

92 Reggie White(*) DE 1985%u201392

99 Jerome Brown(*) DT 1987%u201391

To name a few players that left the Eagles - Duce left the Eagles and won a SB ring with the Steelers, Where did he retire - Philly. BDawk left and where did he retire - Philly. McNabb departed and where did he retire- Philly. That has to say something for the organization.

I don't care if DJAX was purple with yellow spots, a football player in Philly is a football player, no race, creed, color or national origin ever comes into play and it never will in Philly. If the organization felt it was time for him to go it was time for him to go.

The last reason DJAX is gone is discriminatory. And please leave the N word out of all discussions, that has nothing to do with anything,

When Chris Carter got released, nothing was said other than "All he did was catch touchdowns" by Ryan who said nothing about his alcohol and drug problems. It was Carter later years later that mentioned it and not the Eagles organization

With the DJAX situation when and if we will find out the whole story "Only the shadows knows". Draft day we knew he could be a problem, Reid stuck with him and Chip gave him a shot and it didn't work out.

And for those that are season ticket holders and want to give them up go ahead, your seat will be swept up in a hurry (even with the crazy SBL fee) because the waiting list is so long.

Like Big Red said we will "move on and learn from this" whatever the lesson to be learned is.

Go Birds!!!

EAGLESNY1-agree with you.Suppose they will take a D first,then I would hope for Benjamin(FSU).We lose some speed here,but as you say with a bounty of weapons(see Denver and former Colts) it will be tough for d's to cover them all.Also agree we should use TE's more,Sproles in the backfield should also fix that little problem.Heck I am old,but if noone's covering me I'll catch the ball lol

Good luck to DeSean. Had hoped to see him in year 2 of this offense, thought he did a great job last year. Always liked him.

Can't blame the Eagles organization for keeping quiet and moving on. Had no idea about his off the field activities and was pretty shocked reading he had been questioned 2 times by the LAPD about murders in the last 4 years as a non-suspect with one of them being outside his building.

Gang affilations, friendships , business associates? Not sure what to believe from the media but none of it sounds good even if you give Jackson the full benefit of the doubt.

Seems like that robbery at his house with the 9mm and 250k in cash and jewelry was the tipping point. What's he doing with a 9mm? Hunting squirrels with Trent Cole?

At least it all makes sense now. No wonder they couldn't get a trade. Whatever, moving on. The offseason just got more interesting.