Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Release WR DeSean Jackson

@ Drew05 - You make a lot of valid points. The money Denver gave Dawk was pretty much unmatchable.. they obviously cherished his leadership qualities so much so they were willing to overpay. I just had the feeling though that if the eagles TRULY wanted him back, they could have done so if they did a better job of reaching out...Lurie was not happy with that.

As for T.O. , he was making pennies compared to what he should of been making, but he just went about it all wrong and acted like an arse*ole....can't blame them too much for that whole fiasco.

As for Jackson, I understand why the new regime doesn;t want him here,,,,i just wish the organization got some compensation back for such an elite talent....that's my only gripe.

@ GreenbleedinFL - I don't know about that Benjamin kid....initially I was enamored by his size (6-5"), but I've read his combine #'s were terrible....40 time was just ok, but they listed him as very slow in the hips (changing direction)....I could be dead wrong, but it just seems to me like a guy that will struggle mightily at the next level.

I'm hoping they get a guy like Brandon Cooks from Oregon State....he seems to be a desean jackson type, just a little bigger.

...plus, we already have Cooper & Ertz who are 6-4. 6-5 guys.

btw, i must also mention that the 10.5mil salary had nothing to do with the Eagles decision to cut Jackson....they will tell us that money wasn't a factor in their decision....the gang concerns was why we released him,,,if he was making 2 mil a year they would have still cut him. Yep, that's my story & i'm sticking by it.

Not a happy Eagles camper...Eagles head office isn't saying much about the whys, which leads me to feel a bit

uneasy. They release one of their most dynamic offensive threats when all the media reports point to DJax as having no "gang ties" & also helping out his Philadelphia community...and they take a "reinvigorated" Sanchez?

Get rid of Jason Avant? Not liking the decisions, Chip, Jeffrey, & whoever's leading these recent decisions.

Most people are being part of the problem who speaks about racism because they don%u2019t understand why it%u2019s stupid to be a racist. If you don%u2019t understand why it%u2019s stupid to be a racist while talking about, then you are actually encouraging it while thinking your above it, you are actually being a part of it or being part racist yourself.

So let me explain some understandings, some truths we all need to know.

We are brought up in a indoctrination system, the media (TV-major newspapers), banking, business, military, politics, intelligence agencies, medicine/drug companies, illegal drugs/organized crime, religion and the education system are all part of the indoctrination-control system, compartmentalized (knowledge) pyramid of control, with the sick psychopaths at the capstone, THE TRICKSTERS, it%u2019s all about mind control, even the word GOVERNMENT means exactly that, govern=control, ment=mind, there has been a joke put on the human race, they got us to believe we actually control ourselves and that we are born free, WHAT A MIND JOB!

There has been a hidden hand behind everything, and this goes back many thousands of years.

Everything that exist, exist from our consciousness and we create our reality, we are all interconnected consciously, we are not our body but our body allows us to have this experience for your higher consciousness, we are so much more than what we have been told. The truth isn't just a little bit different then what we were bought up to believe, it's nothing like it at all but anyone who is willing to do some independent research outside the indoctrination-control system will eventually see it.

Were being denied Free Energy technology

The politicians, lawyers, police and the military in all countries; are not there to protect the interest of the people; they are there to protect the interest of the very few banking families who control the world. High school and college graduates have no understanding how the monetary system works; they are completely oblivious to what is really going on around them. The institutions turn people into good obedient slaves to work for the very few elite%

Now why is it stupid %u2013 retarded to be a racist? Let me explain.

For started what you see in the mirror isn%u2019t you. Yea, that%u2019s right one of the biggest lies the system has given you is to make you believe it is from you name, job bracket and so on but it%u2019s just an experience for your higher self that all.

It%u2019s like people going to the moon who need to wear a suit to survive because they are not able to breath there, and let%u2019s say there are different color suits and they start to identify with there suit not realizing there are not the color of the suit, the forgot they are what is inside the suit.

It%u2019s not much different really, our suit or shell, allows us to have this experience within this frequency but we are not our shell we are much more than that. We are all part of infinite consciousness and we are all connected consciously.

There is much books out there today that explain this, there are a lot of people who had near death experiences that talk about it, there are many people who are very evolved who write books explaining so much today but your not going to learn it from the indoctrination system.

We live forever, some people are able to remember past lives, and it was proven factually that it was impossible for them to remember curtain details if they weren%u2019t actually remembering it. In other words what I%u2019m saying if you a white, yellow, black whatever color today you weren%u2019t always that color in different experiences the same goes with gender. This is information that the indoctrination system doesn%u2019t want you to know because they need us to be separated to control us.

The shell allows us to have this experience in this frequency but the frequency only make up .005% of an atom. Within this frequency there are many galaxies, it%u2019s said there is about 300 to 500 billion different galaxies, each galaxy has approximately 200 billion stars with possible planetary system like ours. The earth like tiny speak of sand on beach compared to the universe. Also today it%u2019s not good enough to think there is

eagles fans, chill.

djax is a great receiver but he aint irreplaceable nor is he an integral part of eagles football. he will be missed but there are other receivers who will step in and just as good if not better. i remember when wilbert montogery retired and i was thinking NOOh! sane with staley and Westbrook. and now we got one of the best in shady. so just chill. someone better will step in. he was released for various reasons one obvious one being an ungrateful little ****. he was bringing in too much headache for management and bad vibe in the locker room. he is a great receiver but not the only one. so it was time for him to go. have faith and support the decision.

What the Eagles just did was handcuff themselves to having to draft a WR early which has hurt them in addressing the DB's. The top DB's will be gone by the second round. Stupid move. Made up an excuse to cut the man. They just got rid of one of the best WR's what makes anyone think that they wont get rid of the best RB. II have lost all trust in this teams leadership from the coach to the front office.

@PCJoeyD, your entitled to your opinion. Just as I am entitled to mine.. The Eagles didn't just release DeSean because of the gang associations. But by his demeanor on and off the field. Missing meetings, skipping out of his exit interview. I'm sure there are other inncidences that caused their decision that we have not been privy too. Obviously to some of you the lack of disrespect for the coaching staff ( deliberately doing what he wanted,and not what was required by ALL the players ) arguing iwith the WR coach on the sidelines to where he had to be restrained by Avant. I guess his total disregard for team policy and toward his team mates is quite acceptable from some of you on here.

All teams lose good players and they don't always get to replace them right away. The sooner some of you come to grips with the reality that football may only be just a sport for you entertainment, as you see it. let me assure you it is a BUSINESS TO BOTH THE OWNERS AND THE PLAYERS..

@jacka123, Every team sets their own standards of what they will tolerate and what they won't. It won't surprise me if he winds up there. They are known for shelling out big bucks to malcontents.

@Oldschool5003 - I am not sure releasing Jackson changes the game plan as far as the draft is concerned. If you listened to Kelly and Roseman they both stated that they will not be drafting by need but by best athlete on their board. How do any of us know what is in store for the draft? It is entirely possible that Chip will change the offense again this year from what we ran last year because he already stated that he expects to see more man coverage this year. Or how do we know that Kelly was not going to draft a wide receiver first this year anyway because of Maclin's one year contract?

Sooooo Andy reid is no longer interested in Vick or djax....

Redskins only have 7 milz,, how much of a paycut does Djax take?

Eagles Fans - Can anyone enlighten me on why no one is talking about Allen Robinson from Penn State as a high draft pick? I looked up his stats for last season and he had 97 completions for 1432 yds with a 14.8 average per reception. Plus he is 6ft 3in and weighs 210 pds. Seems like the draftnicks are not high on him as some of them have him listed as a low second or high third round pick. Not sure why unless they figure he didn't play as good of competition as some of the other receivers.

@1wrangler. It's what Kelly and Roseman have not said that is the concern. You can sit and say that if the Kelly and roseman are willing to cut their best receiver that they won't destroy this team further but getting rid of their best running back as well. Remember Kelly said it, everyone is replaceable so that would include Shaddy too. No we don't know what they will do during the draft but what they are willing to do to make a point is. As for Maclin, after this year he won't be here either. That leaves just cooper. Avant is gone. I would respect them more if they had been men about this whole situation and addressed it instead of Kelly dancing around the questions. But as most have said they trust Kelly. I don't trust a man who can't speak and stand on his word instead of hiding his intent. Really LAPD stated that he wasn't a gang member but cooper was on tape saying what he said but Kelly and Roseman turned the other cheek and retained him. No arrest and as for the killing. Jackson was in philly. WTH. This was a excuse to get rid of him. As for Sanchez the reason they got him was so that they don't have to hear vicks name if he struggles. Point blank. Roseman has this team at the brink of failure. He keeps getting rid of players and not replacing them. Mark these words if the price s right bye bye Shady. Cole wll be gone before the pre-season starts.

@oldschool5003 - This whole world is run by attorneys and lawsuits. If Jackson was released for reasons other than he couldn't get along with Chip or missing too many meetings, etc. we may never hear the reason why. PFT already stated that the Eagles were told by their attorneys to keep silent. Not to risk a lawsuit for defamation of character. If you were Mr. Lurie would you ignore the legal advice you were paying someone for?

@oldschool5003- I don't look at it that way at all. Remember we also play the Colts, 49er's, Seahawks, Packers, and Panthers. The Redskins are the least of your worries. I always look at it like if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Respect everyone but fear no one.

@oldschool5003 - I'm an old man so I have been around the horn a few times. I have also had to deal with prima donnas like Jackson on numerous occasions during my working career. Most of the time I could get their attention by telling them that the next time they thought they were indispensable to the department , put their finger into a bucket of water and look at the hole it makes when you pull it out. On other occasions I had to sever ties with the individual for the betterment of the rest of the people in the department. When you are a leader, you have to treat everyone fairly or you will never succeed. You owe that much to the rest of your people. I have seen numerous comments on this site stating that the team is going to be worse because of the Jackson release however in my own experience I have never found that to be true.

this team just went from a deep playoff possible superbowl contender to a lucky to get to the playoffs pretender if chipy think he's going to find a quick replacement for d jac he will learn quick that this is not college. i dont care what anyone say desean was the key to this offense coaches in the nfc east are happy now riley cooper and jeremy maclin comming off of injury scares no one they will stack the box on shaddy 8-8 season at best.

As a die hard Eagles fan I find it very disrespectful that the front office has not given us, the fan-base, a legit reason as to why they have released one of the best, most electric players on our team. I don't want to hear they thought he had gang ties or some BS like that. I don't want to hear an Aaron Hernandez comparison. There is nothing he has done publicly that any of the fan-base is dropping their jaws about, asking the team to release him because he's a cancer for the team. I'm very disappointed, and I'm sure many of you are, as to how this all worked out. With that being said, he might have done something wrong, who knows..? The problem is we don't, and that's why the front office owes the fan-base who spends their hard earned money on this team all around, game tickets, jerseys, other clothing apparel, etc., an explanation better than what we are hearing from media speculation, because that's all it is right now guys, media speculation. Also, he is one player guys, one out of 53. Although he has good hands as a receiver, he is more or less a deep threat or decoy. He's not the be all end all for the team. Remember the team was with Jackson 2 years ago (4-12). Let's see how the season plays out and if the move really makes an impact on the team as a whole before we all start speculating the team is going to go 8-8 or worse. I have faith in Kelly. He turned the team around last year, so that in itself tells you something.

I think it will be better for the team in the long run to release DeSean Jackson. I think that Chip wants to set things up "his way" with "his guys." I certainly don't have a problem with that. I think that Chip will bring this city a Super Bowl Championship during his tenure as head coach. What I have a problem with is the silence on the matter. I think this organization owes the fan base some kind of an explanation as to why DeSean was released. I can only assume they are going to draft a wide receiver within the first two rounds and most likely in the 1st.