Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Release WR DeSean Jackson

Really?! was Jackson shut down or was it that our offensive line didn't prove the QB enough time for the big play? Jackson was never picked up for his slant capabilities or his size....we needed big receivers from the start so what's the problem now? Oh, by the way Maclin isn't any bigger....ijs

This is the first time that I can remember being mad at the Eagles front office. However, as a fan that's how I feel, but as a manager representing an organization, I realize you have to make decisions that are sometimes unpopular. Coach Kelly, I get it. But to keep Riley Cooper after his incident was a tough pill to swallow if your going the morale route. His feelings towards African American are evident. No amount of sensitivity training or any other type of classes attended are going to change what's engrained in him. It will mask it and pacify it, but that is a personality trait that, I believe cant be undone. You can change a behavior, but not a personality. Having said that, I believe in second chances. I accepted Mike Vick and I can accept Riley Cooper, as long as he keeps his racist tendencies to himself. If I was a player, I wouldn't be so forgiving. Now looking at DeSean, position production isn't the issue, and money isn't the issue. So what is??? If he has the Terrell Owens syndrome, ok I get it. I loved Terrell, but his "me" attitude does not work in a team concept. So I initially heard that excuse. Then I heard the gang affiliation. I know that when a myriad of explanations start coming its because the organization is trying to find one that sticks with the community. Well, Philadelphians and Eagles fans are not morons. Give us the truth, even if it hurts and cost some goodwill capital. I realize you do not want to ruin DeSean's career by saying something that could impede his ability to earn money in this league, but all these explanations indicate to me we are not that model franchise yet. We want the truth, we can handle the truth. We love our organization Chip Kelly. We stick with the Eagles through thick and thin. When your long gone, we will still be here. Be honest with us!!! I was cheering your talk with DeSean and then the next day I had egg on my face. Trust me, Eagles fans are the last one you want to piss off!

Everyone is ignoring the obvious. Jackson was overpaid and wanted more. There was the prima donna attitude. The incident at his house - who keeps a quarter mill in cash lying around? - seems suspect. To cut a talented, but me-first player after allowing Vick to go FA is a sign that Kelly has more say in the office than Roseman and a signal to all players it's his way or the highway no matter how talented or popular you are with fans. It's a new, and I think brighter, day for the organization.

it came down to money...eagles didn;t want to pay him the 10.5mil....and that's the bottom line. Everything else mentioned was just an excuse and reason to cut him....but it was because of the money,, let's everyone be honest here.

i don't mean to beat a dead horse, but 4 days after we released desean jackson, i still cannot believe we couldn;t trade him for even a 5th round pick......just unbelievable to me.

I don't even like the guy that much, but to receive nothing in compensation for a talent like that is unfathomable! vikes get a 1st & a 3rd for percy harvin and we get nothing for desean. well played eagles front office NOT!

Why is the organization acting like this guy wasn't one of the best to wear an Eagles jersey ever. How come you can't even put up a Highlight video. He did too much for this team as far as winning games. The less the FO says, the worse the organization looks. This REALLY, REALLY looks bad and it feels even worse.

It's official now

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 3m

Filed to ESPN: Redskins and former Eagles WR DeSean Jackson are expected to reach agreement Tuesy night on multi-year contract, per sources.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 1m

And in a short time, expected to be official: DeSean Jackson will be a Redskin. Finishing touches now being out on deal.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 25s

Now looks like a three-year agreement between the Washington Redskins and WR DeSean Jackson.

Imagine this, 1 week ago, a nightmare state is about to come crashing down in Philly, we give DESEAN JACKSON to the REDSKINS BECAUSE we DONT WANT TO PAY HIM. That is technically what occurred over the past week. There isn't one Eagles fan that would've predicted this at the end of the year and there isn't one Redskins fan that is disappointed tonight. His "negative" personality has been denounced by teammates (the guys who share the locker room with him). The gang affiliation is blown out of proportion and we will see who much it (doesn't) affect the Redskins organization. They don't want to pay Pro Bowl Explosive threats Pro Bowl money and I'm sure that will solidify the locker room when anyone can be released, fan favourites, pro-bowlers, and all-pros (Evan Mathis is on the block) alike.

It would be nice for once if we didn't get the 'spin' and just got the real deal. I don't see any upside with releasing DeSean and, now that he's with the Redskins, a LOT of downside. I don't wish ill on anyone, but I'm hoping that, at some point, we really see why he was released......Pro Bowl receiver....#1 threat....cut.....for nothing....I'm completely confused.....all for the almighty buck???? As if the Eagles aren't making enough money, don't have enough cap space....whatever.....just doesn't make any sense......

@ AceKWM - yep, I'm hoping our "solidified" locker room puts us over the top this year, much like the redskins getting desean will putt them over the top. I'm Fu**ing so disgusted right now, I can't even put it into words!! I didn't know our FO gets paid to make other teams in the division better.

So I just like to know how the cap strapped redskins were able to sign him to a 16mil guaranteed contract when the cap friendly eagles couldn;t afford him (even to just play one more year).

And I'm tired of all of these eagles fans defending our cheap a** FO.. came down to money....all of that crap about gangs & sh**t, but was BULL.

I hope Jason Kelce is still super excited & happy with the direction the organization is going when he sees our great secondary getting torched 2 times a year for the next 3 years by a player HIS team released. Good luck with that. I'm so excited & happy as well... Go Cary Williams!! whoo hoo!!! {extreme sarcasm}.

Why they got rid of him I dunno and will never know. But to release a dynamic play maker on the field and get nothing in return and still having a 2014 cap hit of about $6 million because he was guaranteed $15 million with the new contract. And with the big contract he got he wasn't happy and still wanted more after last season.

Yup they released him and only saved around $4 million (chump change in the NFL) and still have to pay him the around $6 million and he ain't even playing for them this year. If it was just the money they coulda let him play this year and released him next year for nothing. I't ain't just about the money.

Again like Arsenio Hall says...makes you go "Hmmmmmm"

Go Birds!

posts here are so ignorant.

do you guys not think that fo or kelly for that matter know that djax is a good receiver? you fans have to remind them and open their eyes and justify it and complain?

djax is a good receiver fo/kelly know that but he had issues (who cares what they are) reason they dont fully explain these is because it would lessen djax chances of getting a new start. these are private details and shall remain that.apart from those, djax is a small(ish)type receiver, he is ulrta fast but he lacks size and isnt a good target in the end zone. eagles have got very ok receivers and they can concentrate on a receiver of a bigger size. that dont mean that djax had to go, but all'n'all cons outweighs his pros.

when a player s fa, means he can sign to any team, including a div rival. we traded mcnabb to deadskins too. results were disaster for deadskins. stop worrying and going on about a receiver that no longer is with eagles. when he was, we didnt win a sb, so he cant be that great. just let it go and accept it and believe we are going to get better cos we are.

from http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/285917/skins-land-desean-jackson-for-3-years-$24m

Best Of luck to DJax look forward to the Eagles playing the 'Skins

Redskins agreed to terms with WR DeSean Jackson on a three-year, $24 million contract with $16 million guaranteed.

The Redskins had just $6.5 million in cap space, so the majority of Jackson's 2014 earnings should come via a signing bonus. From a fantasy standpoint, it's a mixed landing spot. D-Jax will have a playmaking quarterback in Robert Griffin III, but has to contend with another No. 1 receiver in Pierre Garcon. Jackson isn't going to come anywhere close to the 82/1,332/9 line he posted in 2013, and won't be a lock for 1,000 yards. For the Redskins, however, it's a coup for a team that hurt for weapons outside of Garcon and Jordan Reed last season. Jay Gruden's offense just got a whole lot more explosive on paper.

Go Birds!

Well Chip you got what you Deserve, Deshon will stick It to you twice a year.

and since you are the one no body can talk back to.like A LITTLE KID that you are with your big Ego.

I hope he scores 3 touchdowns a game and beats your butt. I am done rooting for the eagles that I have lived and died with

for 60 years .when you get booted out of Philly ,I might be back. you don't even have the brains to

let the real reason you made such a bad move.that seems too much to ask from you and your stooped

Management.

DJax is GONE......Move on people, he's not a TO.......I can't wait to see him twice a year, it;s makes for great drama, come on who here doesn't love it??? It's football boys, entertainment, and it's gonna be a blast....We finally have FOOTBALL players on our team now, and are building a foundation by weeding out ego's, and we'll be better for that, no doubt in my mind.....Chips goit something up his sleeve to replace his production.....This system has a way of doing that...Bring it on Mesean, now that your a Skin I can officially start to hate you with every breath I have....Gonna be fun!!!

Washington ALWAYS take the bait, and ALWAYS will as long as Snyder owns the team!!!! Good luck having time to throw deep RGIII with that Oline......It's funny as hell to me that people aare nervous about the Skins, LMAO.

@sten suriani. "We finally have FOOTBALL players on our team now, and are building a foundation by weeding out ego's, and we'll be better for that, no doubt in my mind....." What did we have before the team and Kelly got rid of Jackson? Cheerleaders? Kelly is the BIGGEST EGO on this team. Are Eagles going to weed him out as well since they are weeding out EGO's. Well since he's weeding out ego's. Shady gone! In fact this whole team is gone. You need an ego to play this game. If you can say that no other players on this roster doesn't have an ego, than this team should play pop warner football. Oh they can't. Kids have ego's.

I think you know what I mean, STOP......The "It's all about ME" Ego....And how the hell do you even know it was Chip that dropped the hammer......Chip answers to the powers that be. He didn't like his attiude,and believes he can get the same production from guys already here or possible in the draf. You mention Shady in the same breath as Desean???? Shady will be a Hall of Famer, and 1000% does not have the attitude, or arrogance that desean has.....Wait and see what he has up his sleeve before you bash him, or just go pick another team.....there's 31 to choose from. The new Desean Skins jersey may look good on you.

Oh and your name, Oldschool5003 conflicts with how your real feelings are, because if you were truly old school, you definetly wouldn't be complaining about ridding the team of a ME player.......Ask Chuck Bednarik if he's upset Desean isn't an Eagle anymore!!!!

Good Talk!

@ steven suriani - 'ole concrete charlie most certainly didn't like Desean. lol

ok, i'm past being angry....i have accepted that he is no longer with the team and have moved on... I look at it this way...Chip didn't want him here for whatever reasons... and if I had to choose between Chip or Desean, I would much rather have Chip here for the long haul than Desean for 3 years. That's my reasoning anyways. Good bye Desean....thank you for the punt returns vs. the Giants...I will never forget that huge comeback win in NY....I'd say good luck in Wash, but of course I'd be lying.

We let our best WR go, get nothing in return and he signs with a division rival, BRILLIANT! The Eagles better win a lot of games this season or Kelly is gonna feel the anger of the fanbase. If we learned anything from the AR era, it's that you can't give the coach too much power. Howie should have trumped Chip on this move. With the LAPD coming out and defending Jackson, it really makes the organization look bad for planting that article on NJ.com or whatever second rate gossip "news" outlet it was.

Is this a me first move by DJax?

DJax wants #10 in Washington. RG3 has wore #10 since high school! DJax wore #1 in college and only used #10 with the Eagles since the NFL doesn't allow receivers to use #1. Both players are said to have me first attitudes with DJax referred to as MeSean and RG3 as RGMe. Gonna be interesting!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24511334/desean-jackson-is-hoping-robert-griffin-will-switch-to-no-3

Go Birds