Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Release WR DeSean Jackson

Wow...what else is there to say?

My small knowledge of football and its operation keeps telling me that Desean was more part of the solution than the problem. However, I am not the Eagles head coach nor its GM; I have to trust them on this one !!! Hope I am right for the sake of the Team !!!

I hope that both Chip Kelly as those responsible for the Eagles depth chart have responsibility for what they are doing, releasing Desean Jackson, a player who willingly or made %u200B%u200Bno difference on the pitch and signing with Mark Sanchez ... (speechless). The Eaglesfans will not be patient if something goes wrong this year ... anything equal to or worse than last year will be unacceptable!

Wow! Seems like T.O. version 2.0! Well, now I guess that means the Eagles will draft a WR or 2 this year! I'd really hate to see him wind up in the NFC East, though. Come on Jets, grab him! Or even Oakland! Some non-NFC team, have at him!

I love deseans playmaking ability but i think coach kelly and howie know something about deseans current affiliations, his possible gang membership, hanging around people possibly responsible for a 14 year old murder, i think we will be alright i think we are going to draft brandon cooks, there is a reason teams wouldn't trade for him, its due to the off the field concerns, i guarantee you if desean was like nick , personality wise, this wouldn't have been a consideration, i think desean is a great player but theres some deeper darker things going on we don't fully know about, i bet it was hard for chip to have to let go, desean did a lot this year

Gonna miss DJax and wish him the best but I agree Chip and the Eagles know what they are doing.

There were no takers during the trade rumors. He was due 10 million this year and with the release will still cost the Eagles around 6 million. I don't know the reason they released him but there had to be a good one besides $$$$.

Realeased, not traded? How could he not be worth a 7th rd pick at least? Harvin, who isn't as productive, was worth a lot just a year ago.

Not a fan of this move. It does remind me a bit of how Parcells used to do things. Each time he took a coaching job, he would get rid of at least one 'big name' guy to send a message to the rest that anyone could be next. Work hard or get going.

I'd hope the reason is a combination of $$$ and Chip's desire for size and blocking, not this gang stuff. Too many NFlers have rap sheets but play anyway. DJAX has no rap sheet. A team of choir boys is not optimal either.

I hope he goes to either KC (Andy) , Cincy (they take players with 'baggage' when others won't) or Raiders (WR need and close to home). Please not to an NFC team, although Carolina is an obvious spot, too. A motivated DeSean could shred the Eagle secondary.

What a shame. Another stud athlete with no common sense. Why the hell is he hanging out with gangs in LA? Well there are a lot of great memories him like the bomb he caught from Mcnabb in the NFC championship or the one against the Redskins a few years ago. His best by far was the return in the Meadowlands to clinch that game. Of course he had great blocks from Omar Gaither and Jason Avant, but once Jackson hit the open field it was over. Great player, dumb person.

Unless there is something behind the scenes, more than just being a punk and bad teamate, I'm disgusted by this move. A player of his caliber should have easily fetched a 2nd round pick. This leaves us paper thin at the WR position and hurting for speed on the offensive side of the ball. There had better be a good explanation because if he signs elsewhere and has a few big seasons and we struggle to find a weapon to replace him....Eagle fans will be very irate!

I know the move is very unpopular, but it's the best move the team could have made. We need to reinvent ourselves and dumping a lockeroom cancer like Jackson is the best thing they could have done. This move should prove to anyone on our roster that no one is above the team. We will get a couple move WRs and be just fine with how we spread the ball around. IN CHIP WE TRUST!

On the one hand I hate to see him go. On the other hand, I see that management won't keep a person that is has ALL STAR potential but in not TEAM-worthy. I know management has looked at what available in the draft at 22... and GUARANTEE that it will be a WR. It's easy to say, I am glad we have the CHIPPER.. ONE GUY doesn't make a TEAM no matter how GOOD you are. AT least management doesn't preach one thing and talk out of their a**. Like I say, hard to take... but in the FINAL analysis ... read my postings from LAST YEAR before TRAINING camp when I said get some draft picks and get rid of DJax. Best part of this. Wake up call for DJax. He can learn and benefit from this (like Vick said), or DJax's career will be down hill all the way from here.

If they liked him enough they would have dealt with the problems he brought to the table and tried to rehab em a little bit, but a release is all the proof you need to know that in the end they just didn't think he was worth it. I honestly think Chip knows he can make alot of players become stars in the offense so he said take you and your baggage and beat it.

With this decisions we are going nowhere...

I wonder how much they will be paying a mediocre/injured QB like Sanchez, I'd keep Vick. If Foles was a one year wonder we are totally f.... Now we released the most secure hands in Avant, now the speediest WR...

Now what? im getting tired with dumb decisions. Where is Asomugha and DRC? Jason Babin? Ronnie Brown? Vince Young?

Wake up GM!!! wtf is going on?.

The trade rumors were flying for a while.

ESPN has reported at least 4 teams have contacted DJax agent within a half hour of him being released.. Without a doubt a talented and game breaking WR but for some reason the Eagles did not want to trade him.....just flat out cut ties with him and released him. Like Arsenio Hall says makes you go Hmmmmmm

Bottom line, he's not worth the money. That's why no one would trade for him... They didn't want to have to pay him 10.5 million in 2014 (about 2x Calvin Johnson's base salary). Now add the drama, he couldn't work with his position coach (Avant was the "go-between"), missed meetings, etc. This may hurt a little, but i think the message sent to the team as a whole is great!

Look what Chip's system did for Cooper, I'm confident we'll be fine on offense with 'only' Shady, Maclin, Celek, Ertz, Sproles, Cooper.. etc.

Plus if you check the stats... Maclin (except his rookie year) outplayed DeSean whenever they were both on the field.

dallas had the same probe's with players! they kept them and won 3 superbowls just saying!

all you weak hearted people who want church goers as players don't care if we get a ring or not!

well I'm a football fan. and i want a ring! guess what division has the most rings?NFC East (5 Cowboys, 4 Giants, 3 Redskins). all you bleeding heart people can go to hell!