Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Release WR DeSean Jackson

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY JUST OUTRIGHT RELEASED HIM THE BEST DEEP RECIEVER IN THE LEAGUE. ITS UNBELIEVEABLE THAT THEY COULDN'T HANDLE HIM ??????

This move makes no sense at this time. Maclin can't replace Jackson, so we need to spend our first round pick on a WR. This guy probably can replace Jackso,n but this pick is needed on defense...

Defense wins Championships...

Horrible moves right now! Lets spend a 3rd round pick on Berkley because its just a good value, not like we need other pieces, resign an above average wr whos coming off a acl and was weak before that short arming passes and going down before contact, then sign a crap quarterback in Sanchez but we lose one of, if not the most efficient (in stats, counting how many times thrown to, with regards to catches and yards), and game breaking WR's!!!! Do we want to win superbowls or struggle to make the playoffs? these moves point to the latter! We could of just front loaded a new contract for Desean instead of paying these undeserving people and then invested in a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round defensive help!

Man I would expect a much longer article on Desean for what he has accomplished on the field for the Eagles. I guess the Eagles really don't want anything to do with him anymore.

Wise up Dork!!!!! One player doesn't win you a championship, and if he was in the same class as an Irving, or Monk, or Don Maynard and any other WR on those teams then this never happens....All those teams you mentioned had several Hall of Famers.......So because Desean Jackons not here we're not gonna win a Super Bowl this year or ever???? Beat it!!

This is ridiculous!!! Chip better have a plan and Howie better be right. First Chris Carter now Desean whom has never been in trouble. He owns a record label and have been around questionable guys like everyone else in the league. Fail this season and watch the fanbase leave. Tired of dumb decisions being made to boost whoevers coaching or gm at the time ego. To all you so-called Eagle fans claiming he was a distraction never heard Yall say that when he was blowing by cornerbacks scoring game winning touchdowns. Paying Riley Cooper and Sanchez is downright disgraceful. No desean lets see how open Cooper gets this season. People told him he needed a running qb he try to show he doesn't. Need desean he gets rid of him . Barely beat the cowboys in the last game of the season. Then get to the playoffs and rush 4 people at Brees almost the whole game. This organization isn't giving us fans anything to be excited for with these questionable moves.

@rohash, obviously teams didn't think he was worth the money his contract would have cost them. Or giving up draft picks for him. As for his talent, he was a deep threat at times. Other times he was completely taken out of the game when going up against strong competition. Than there is his off the field persona/mage that seems to becomming more and more concerning. I honestly think there is something going on that we as fans are not privy too.That didn't sit well with the organization . Because otherwise his pouty attitude would not be that much of a cause to get rid of him. My guess is they have done some digging into his recent asociations and didn't like what they were learning .Jackson doesn't help himself by contantly being on twitter and instragram posting pics of himself making gang signs.

The sign on Kelly's door reads, "Wanted, football players. Must be TEAM orientated, PUNKS AND SHOWOFFS NEED NOT APPLY"

Oh, welcome Mr. Sanchez, good luck on the team.

Great move Eagles; now maybe he'll wind up on an NFC EAST team, (The Giants would make me puke altogether). Or better yet; The Patriots and we'll see Brady and him set all kinds of records together..........

Are you Fkkiiing serious chip are you stupid !! How are you going to lie to him and tell him he's staying and then cut him ! Idiot hey watch Riley cooper and MACLIN struggle because there's now way to create openings who else is out there that can run a 4.3 and is as good as Jackson no one !!! Wtf I pay a lot of money to go see my team play !! Really front office how can you let that happen. Who is he going to be replaced by ! You better draft mike Evans or kelving Benjamin ! That's all I'm saying

After he continues his all pro career with another team will we have the humility to say we were wrong. Leadership improves players, I guess it is lacking with us right now.

I'm sick!

Just remember one thing fans. Mr. Lurie gave Michael Vick a second chance after he got released from prison when no one else wanted anything to do with him. You can bet that Jackson was given second , third and probably fourth chances as well before he was released.

I thought signing Mark Sanchez was bad and then we follow it up by cutting Desean? WTF? I don't even know what to say.... Disgusted right now.

Been sayin for years this team had too many "flash" players...and not enough football players...

It took longer than I would have preferred, but with this move...they have jettisoned the last of them....go play in Atlanta D-Jack...they seem to like the "flash" plays.

Maybe you fans haven't heard, but you cannot keep a guy or trade him, when he has been fooling around with friends that belong to a gang in LA, that have killed a couple people in the last few years. More will come out, lots more, BELIEVE IT.

Hopefully atleast he can go to Carolina and team up with Cam, that would be alright.

ESPN story now has stuff about him being tied to gangs with the team supposedly learning that Wednesday. Sounds fake because of all the trade talk and rumors that were going on before this and the eagles resigning Maclin and Cooper so quickly...I dont think the Eagles ever intended for Jackson to be on the team in 2014 and they wanted to dump his contract. Why?? who knows...its ridiculous though after the success Foles and Shady had this past year, with Jackson being our only real receiving threat for the 1st half of the year.

Perhaps we'll use Sproles as our new " Stretch the Field" type player.....He is basically used as a slot receiver.........May have sealed Djax fate when we signed em.....

Whoa ...you did what! Let ACTION JACKSON go...every player is got his own way of adding to a teams ability to win. Jackson was one of your most exciting players and a significant threat to your opponents. Chip what is wrong with you ??? You have some of the most talented people on your team and you let your ego rise above it all. You are a coach...not a dictator! These men are not college boys they are professional athletes!!! Well of course now and then you will have some who still act like boyz...but look at their abilities not the size of their ego's. Well Chip I've been a die hard eagles fan for 52 years and I have seen enough! Now when you run your quick offensive drives who will have enough speed to outrun your opponets defensive ends. Stop making decisions on whether you like someone personally...it not up to you to be their friend ...but to put a winning team together! ...someone gave you a chance cause they saw something in you...now you owe DeSean Jackson a chance to come back and make the EAGLES A SUPERBOWL CHAMPION TEAM !!! ...PS Take that CHIP off your shoulder and do the right thing.

I think the Eagles had no plans for DJax right after the 2013 season ended. Sorta tell by the short 4 sentence news about him being released that did not even offer him a thank you for him time as an Eagle.

ESPN stated that Sal Palontino has said Eagles released DJax for work ethic and attitude.

Total of 6 teams have contacted DJax agent so far.

When all the commotion and smoke clears we will all know more.

So we let go of the best deep threat in the league. We give up a 5th round draft pick for a 30 year old running back. This is said to be best Draft in a long time and we have 5 picks. Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa, Baltimore (Cleveland), New York Giants(2) have won Super bowl since 2000. Some of these teams use to be laughing stocks of league. Not sure if we know what were doing but look like Idiots and becoming Laughing Stock again. Yes we won the division, not a huge challenge. We barely beat Dallas with there back up quarterback. Plus Boykin got lucky or they drive and kick field goal. Plus looked like crap against Saints who got manhandled, so how far behind are we. I think A losing season is ahead.