Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] 2012 Draft Shapes Eagles Today

Eagles need a receiver after letting go Jackson and a Avant.chip Kelly likes points ,he will find his receiver.If a pass rusher like Antony Barr from UCLA falls to the eagles at 22 , take that . The eagles might score even more points this season . Chip getting a big beast guard playing next to Peters , just run everybody over.

Nohelmet...I really want Anthony Barr really hope he falls to us he has been growing on me lately if not him Calvin Pryor or trading down and landing one of the top CBs like Fuller or Roby.... I think the Eagles should get a WR in the 2nd round someone like Matthews or Latimer unless of course someone like Evans falls within our reach

Heard Philly was looking at Cj Spiller before the Sproles trade.... Could you image a backfield with Shady and Spiller no offense to Sproles but Spiller has been great for the Bills used to a 2 back system already plus is only 26 yrs old better runner as well probably not quite as good as Sproles on the receiving front but still a good receiving RB

A new coaching staff will implement the D and O according to their comfort level in believing their scheme will work. Our D was below average 2 years before chip arrived. We gave up the most passing td's in franchise history and some of the longest td's ever in the league.

There is no sense in waiting to change over into a 34D even if some players didn't fit. Start the process ASAP and get rid of the players who don't fit. Chip is making progress. 2011 and 2012 were disgraceful years on D.

Sorry trips, but I disagree with this coaching philosophy. In my mind the job of the coach is not to force the scheme he happens to be comfortable with upon the players, but rather to make the best possible use of the material that he has available (btw, isn't that kinda what Chip is doing with the offense?). I think it's wasteful to get rid of talent just because this or that player's skill set doesn't fit into the system you like. Change the system instead! If you have a beast pass-rusher, let him rush the passer! Don't force him to fall back into coverage or act as run stuffer, that's just wasting resources. If you have the personell for a 4-3 front, use a 4-3 front. Don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole. Make best use of whatever talent pool you have - that's how you build a successful team. Well, at least that's my philosophy, but I'm just an armchair coach - but then again we all are, right? :)

mccoy talks too much. he seems to always answer questions that he shouldnt with a insult to someone. hed pick his 2 yr old son over tebow? didnt have to say that.

willie gualt at 40 something yrs old says he can beat desean in 40 time lol. says he runs a 4.3 right now lol!!

SOL10, you have the right to disagree and express your opinion on chip's philosophy. I have always heard him say, that he wants a 34D. No surprise he would implement it ASAP. Granted it has to go through a transition to get all the way done. He will bring in those players who fit his scheme and faze out those who don't. Most coaches will do that with players. There are exceptions to the rule, but it holds water most of the time.

Peanut had talent, but he is gone. Chip wants what he wants. The coach sets the system and finds his players. All this talent in that 43D proved nothing over 2011 and 2012. Chip and billy gets these guys to buy in and not quit fighting.

Damn if Eagles got Spiller what a backfield! So pretty much Sproles was a good but older choice.. Does Chip still go for a younger player with that skill set.. Wont be suprized if this starts a Shady getting traded report lol

Willie has to be older than 40 something. He came into the league in the early 80's. I was living in Chicago when they drafted him. Seems like 30 plus years ago.

thats right ddd. eagles are a coaches team. the coaches get what they want. chip also isnt going to deal with oppositional players either. he likes a 3-4, so what hes gonna wait till he finds 20 guys who can play in a 3-4 before he changes ? lol. u make the change asap.

also saw analyst thoughts on the eagles taking cooks at 22. he saw it as a worst case scenario. worst case because he felt that tho cooks is no doubt fast, and has the college numbers to back him up , he would be like jackson in a sense of being small, chip would like bigger, not able to contribute in the middle of the field, and a liability on blocking.

one mans take.

Don't get me wrong, I like Chip's philosophy on offense. As I said, I think his philosophy on offense is a lot about using individual player's strengths to find mismatches to exploit. I like that, and I very much like how he is not afraid to try new ways of doing things. (I admit I was disappointed when he let Jackson go, though, but we don't know the full reason yet, so I'll give him the benefit of doubt on that one.)

Chip strikes me as less visionary on the defensive side of the ball, however. On defense, he seems to care more about scheme than individual players. I don't like to see talent rotting on the bench or being handed over to other teams - find a way to use your most talented players!

I just think Chipper and Davis want a versatile D. Teams are rarely in there base D that much anyway normally in a sub package. 34 D I think in a way adds some versatility to a D. OLBs can still normally play with there hand in the ground and rush the QB if needed like a DE or stand up and rush but they can also drop in coverage and be a factor....

To be fair to Chipper in regards to the D he gives his DC a ton of freedom doesn't interfere with how they do things really(unless they are just doing terrible) he was like that at Oregon was a really great article about it not sure I can find it though. So alot of the lack of visionary on the D side of the ball and forcing players into a scheme might have more to do with Davis then Kelly

BG93: that big kid from Army is a curiosity. He plays better than Momah---but---speed is missing and he doesn't have much leap. He catches pretty well although everything was a lob. We're he not career military, some teams would give him a look!! He can't tell the Army that he needs a time out for a possible NFL career. Army already has big $$$$ invested in him.

>>>freak: be assured that Chip has been tweaking on Bryce Brown so that he "competes" for more carries this season. Eagles were exceptionally healthy club last season--save injuries to Vick & Foles ( and acl tears in camp)

I seen the eagles are really interested in Ronald Powell anybody watch any game tape on this guy I'm not interested in highlight footage

DWD - Mentioned Ronald Powell as someone to look out for.. Bad injuries but the guy can move.. Was top rated recruit coming out of HS.. If his knee holds up i think he would be a good pick.. Looks agressive too!

I would take a chance on the big 6'9 TE what why the hell not worst case he doesn't pan out wouldn't waste a draft pick on him. Best case we get us a big TE that can help in the RZ and should help in the short yardage run game