Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] 2012 Draft Shapes Eagles Today

DWD - That was from what i watched on his film lol Looks smooth running forward.. Not much of him dropping back.. But looks fluid enough that he could drop back.. Solid tackler with some pop in his tackles.. Good motor.. Can play with hand in the ground n standing up.. Hmm anything else you want me to report on him? lo

Powell looks like he only has a bull rush.. Doesnt get double teamed much.. Slow burst most probably coz hes braced up.. Once the OL has their hands on him struggles to disengage

Is he just a speed rusher? How are is hands when he gets in close? Can he shed blocks in the run game? How is his first step is it forward or outside? Can he stunt and take on inside lineman?

DWD - Looks like a leaner version of Brandon Graham to be honest.. Knees braced up so have to put that into consideration.. 2011 looks to move more freely n looks more quick.. Can stunt on the inside but like i said when OL get their hands on him doesnt look good shedding.. Can hold the POA though so has good strength.. First step looks like shimmy shimmy out or bull rush.. Anything else sir? lol

I have no idea how this Draft is going to play out, it needs to get here though I'm going crazy waiting!!!

>>> nick: am anxious also. However, I'll bet Howie and Chip are using the extra time wisely. Reviewing more prospects, refining their draft board, investigating trade opportunities, etc. extra time ought to pay off with more knowledge and better decisions. At least that is my belief!!

This is a bizzare draft year. Who goes #1 is flucuating ALOT.No clear cut mocks-noone knows who picks what.As of now this is a crapshoot.We all have opinions as to what the draft will look like.Truth be told,noone knows anything.What we SHOULD do is not what we WILL do.9 mocks-9 different.Many ways we can go-bbottom line is NOONE has a clue.I can only hope CHIP does.This is a nail or fail draft.get it right and you could go to the SB in a year or 3.Miss it and you go to mediocre inheartbeat.Probably the most important draft in 5 years.Nail or fail and this holds true for more teams than ours

Spuds is giving ALL of the credit to Howie for the last two drafts. I'm not there to know personally, but I would be surprised if that is really the case.

Hey guys, what about Sidney Rice? He's only 27, and would compete with Cooper for the starting job right away. Still need to draft a WR in round 3-4 for depth I guess, but signing Rice let's us use the BPA strategy rather than a BRA strategy ("Best Receiver Available") in the first rounds, which could land us bigtime help for the defense.

I could see a 1 year deal with Rice as a "prove you can stay healthy" trial.Danario-same.But it would have to be CHEAP since the risk for re-injury is there

I don't think we need to go receiver now I think you all are worrying to much spoiled by our high scoring offense what kind of teams have won the superbowl lately? Offensive teams or defensive teams? Was Seattle or Baltimore offensive teams? Did they score a lot of points or did there defenses hold there opponents to scoring less points? On Rice he is fragile but I think if we don't want to draft a young starting 1-2 WR he could be a good cheap fit on a 1 year prove it deal then build up the defense like you said (and I would do anyways)

I'm really hoping Fuller falls to us in the first he is my top CB I can also see trading back and accumulating more picks or trading for Jordan there are a lot of options we have at 22 I just really hope WR isn't the way we go

Yeah,I think we will wait until the 54 pick for a WR.Actually,going against the grain,I only had 1 WR going in the top 10(Watkins).If cleveland take a QB first,they will take a WR in 2.Or they could opt to take WR and wait for QB,so the max WR's I had in mock was 2/top 10

I finally found a pic that would load.My "wild ride" I used to have lol

JW,with all this extra time,I'm sure all teams will be ready.I'm wondering who will get the steals in rds 3,4. The less obvious players are the ones that gel your team.They are not prima donnas,they have to work at it lol.I think our team will be just fine.Even in re-building years,we can still compete,unlike some who are roller coaster rides lol.Still a few FA's floating out there as well,which can be added if you dont hit your draft they way you'd hoped

Well, I never figure out what the Eagles will do on Draft day, so I am not going to start now. I can hope they make the right moves and draft at least 2-3 starters. I still think trading back is the best thing but as I said.... Green, I did a woman's taxes and she got back over $1900.... Thing was she only made $19,000 last year. It was all legit too. If I told you why she got so much back all would really get pissed off lol

Mainly on disability,and no taxes come out,so thats why no refund.Got nice refund checks when I could work.So,will be a few bucks either way.OK by me as long as its nothing major.made my money,so any bill I dont have to pay is a good one lol

Stine,also agree that there is no way to see what the draft will be like.All teams with various needs.I think once the top 15 go,we will have a better view of what we can do.Mocks are all over the place.Anyones guess is as good as mine lol

Stine,also agree that there is no way to see what the draft will be like.All teams with various needs.I think once the top 15 go,we will have a better view of what we can do.Mocks are all over the place.Anyones guess is as good as mine lol

Green I hear the disability thing it kinda sucks but hey life goes on right. I'm a quadriplegic broke my neck skinny dipping 8 years ago when I was 23