Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Checking In On Conditioning Program

I do believe CHiPs is going to pound the rock more this year. More carries to Shady, Sproles and Polk. If we keep Brown - we could and would run 45 times per game....it would sure make the play action more deadly and even Riley Cooper will get open with a solid ground and pound approach.

PPW))) It was sure interesting to watch his fall from grace after the Lions game...What would be stupid is to trade Brown and draft another RB. I like our four. We have no FB so - four will do nicely...

cunninghamtheman you sound stupid saying our running game is "downgraded" you act as if McCoy had his season of greatness and now he is done and washed up? We have an incredible RB squad so quit crying. We lost tiny little Jackson who gets jammed on the line constantly and is out of the play so our passing attack isn't gone, especially with this receiver class coming up, again quit crying. Our D is in the process of getting better and was in a worse position this time last year and still held its own, it is now better than last year with more pending improvements. And why don't you try to have some faith in Nick Foles, nothing points to him having a poor season, too me you sound like a Cowgirls fan, but at least most of them still think their team can do something. Predicting 6 and 10 is just stupid and pointless, no one gets anywhere in life starting off with negative thoughts so go cry somewhere else, thanks!

>>>PPW-- you, joemas and DDD are in such a hurry to trade away Bryce Brown!! Honestly, it amazes me. Bryce Browns don't grow on trees and he is ONLY 22 YEARS OLD. A baby RB. And, he runs 4.38 at 225lbs. Catches passes and blocks. Y'all have a loose screw someplace.

It's dull witted optimimism that bieves that Shady McCoy has another 'perfect season' for Chip. Guess you forgot the big concussion Shady got from ding dongs AR and MM playing him an non salvagable game in the final minutes of the fourth Q. Oh Yeah-- stuff happens. Even to players like AP and Shady.

RB by committee is great if you actually have a committee of RBs. Polk hasn't had a heathy season ever in the NFL---and that's at his current work load. Darren Sproles ( Clark Kent Jr to Joemas) is a light duty RB suited to several touches per game at RB. And, Tucker?? Right --an unknown buried on the practice squad with Momah...

Eagles are solid at RB with Bryce. Precarious at RB without. Or, did you forget Chip's offense runs the ball at defenses to set up the pass. Gotta be solid at RB to manage that. No longer McNabb chucking the pigskin with Westy and Bucky splitting the 11 runs.

At 22, Bryce isn't even full grown. Eagles haven't scratched the surface.

Hey Wood, where do you see the word 'trade' in my post??? I have a theory that he will be gone-that is not to say that I WANT him gone or want him traded. Big difference my friend.

Trading Bryce Brown just makes sense not saying we will though... I mean getting like a 5th rounder for him in this draft would be HUGE!!!!!! and Eagles have talent at the RB position and I think the staff has more then enough faith in Chris Polk to be the primary backup if something were to happen to Shady(knock on wood nothing does)

>>c-ham: I feel you and your concerns for Kelly year 2.

Shady and Nick and Riley can't possibly duplicate last season. That makes sense.

Oh: Vick and Jaccpot are gone

So, who takes up the slack: Sproles- Maclin- Ertz and TBD ( my guess is Brown)

And, Billy Davis squad improves. And, Fipp's squad improves...

And team is back to 10-6 // 11-5.

But. You have a solid point. It's on Chip's shoulders!!

On a different note you guys don't know how excited I am for Maclin to be healthy and to see him in this O.... I think he is going to have a career yr even coming off a serious injury.... Over 1000yds(something he has never done) 10 plus tds

Woody you say Polk never been healthy but he played in 15 of the Eagles 16 games last season that is plenty healthy for a backup RB.... He needs to be given more chances

>>>>BG93: oh my. My Oh My.

The only thing that will convince you is seeing more / better play from Bryce Brown ahead.

Stay Tuned.

Also way can't Shady have a similar season as last yr????? To be honest I think Shady has a better season then last yr this coming season..... More Tds more yds. Addition of Sproles really helps open things up for him.

We could point at ANY team and say- "Oh they won't have the same success they did last season" and we would be fairly accurate. For example-I say the Seahawks aren't gonna win the SB. I say the Broncos will falter in the playoffs.Think of all the factors that come together to have a winning season then think of all the things that change from one year to the next. IMO, we are lucky to have most of our pieces still in place and should benefit from continuity. Other teams won't be as fortunate in that regard. Vick gone? Non-factor. DJax? Big whoop.

Woody....Bryce Brown doesn't fit this O you have even said this. U have said multiple times that Chipper needs to change his blocking scheme to get better production out of Bryce that isn't going to happen though. Bryce is a young talent runner with a inexpensive contract PERFECT trade bait....

Look at last season stats Bryce had maybe 2 good games all season the Bears game and the Oakland game outside of those 2 he did nothing all yr long

>>>BG93: I like all the Eagles RBs. Including Polk. Chip has a committee of RBs. I think Chip evolves the spread as he did at Oregon. Some think that means a smurf at tailback. Not me. Brown and Polk are the right Rx for the NFL. Not adverse to Sproles or Dri Archer, but, they won't hold their ground as pass protectors--not for those long passes especially. Smurfs are better for screen, shovels and wheel routes--

>>>BG93: Bryce Brown is a baby ---figuratively. He was in a time capsule from HS to the Pros. He gained no experience. Right now, he is just like that "red shirt freshman" in terms of Kelly's offense. His inside runs were tentative last year. You saw him shred the middle in 2012. That's mental. That's thinking about ball security. That's growth. I think there is a real chance he pushes Shady at RB when it "clicks" for him.

Woody...Again not saying the Eagles will trade Bryce Brown but I could see why they might try to it makes sense we have other capable RB that I believe our staff likes. Bryce would get us a much needed pick in the draft that could help this team out in another area that isn't so loaded in my opinion

Nick Nowhere did I say Shady is washed up. He still is a complete badass. Repeating as rushing champ is a large peak to climb that few others have successfully scaled. The team repeating being the number one rushing attack is also a tall order. 6-10 was no prediction from me. Right now as the team stands today there is much work to be done however. It's not very realistic to expect the East to be as pathetic as it was last season. The Eags have a tougher schedule this year. History has shown that qbs have a slump their second year(game time equivalant for Nine Penn) after teams have all the film on them to break down their games. Sorry that's just factual statistical information. I love the team as much as about anyone. Your emotions and love cloud your judgement though. You have to step back and evaluate without emotion for a true sense of things. Many areas to have optimism about the upcoming season. But you make it sound like this team is a contender. They're not. Not yet anyway. Just the way I see it and my opinion. Your entitled to yours. I am optimistic that the team can improve the talent before week one. I'm looking for a strong draft(and UDFA). I also feel like a couple pieces that could be of assistance will be available once teams have to cut down to their 53 man roster. The work ahead is crucial!

I like Bryce Brown but he has 2 yrs remaining in those 2 yrs he is not going to push Shady or be a threat for his starting spot I am sorry just not happening... Once Bryce hits the open FA market he won't be returning to Philly because we won't pay him anywhere near as much as something other team plus he will get an offer to start which he also won't get here in Philly..... So if Philly could get something for him now in a good draft class that could help the team in the long haul I am all for it