Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phillyterp85

Away game trip vs Arizona Cardinals

Has anyone here done an away game trip to an Eagles game? I never have, but was thinking about making the trip out to Phoenix the weekend of October 26th to see us play the Cardinals.

A few questions I have:

1) Is anyone else here thinking about doing that?

2) Do the Eagles offer any travel packages for stuff like this? Tailgate parties and the like? If not through the Eagles, how about any other legit agencies?

3) Has anyone here been to Phoenix and the surrounding areas? What was it like?

Thanks!

Many years ago there was a website that did bus trips to NY and DC for games, it was pricy and eventually I think they came under the scrutiny of ticket resale and the general ubiquitous nature of getting tickets, E-delivery etc.

This was pre-2010

http://boards.philad...ise-to-bermuda/

Two great cities due to the costs of flights is Tampa and Miami, additionally getting tickets easier than say DC

I always look at the schedule for Tampa though I must confess I still kick myself in the butt missing the Foles comeback game the last time the Eagles played there. I actually posted here before that game and had essentially tossed in the towel that season but could have gotten back and forth for roughly the same cost of a game in DC.

If I had to do FL I would look at for the flight

https://www.allegiantair.com/

Room (use their credit card and then use scissors)

http://www.choicehotels.com/

Post what you roughly run into as far as price, I'd be curious.. it is just that the flight is so damn long in the air for AZ versus FL and you can wrap some additional weekend activities in FL

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com

http://www.vacationstogo.com/

Ideally what you do is grab a short cruise out of FL and then say: heh honey guess what? The Eagles are playing tomorrow before we fly back! And then day before game grabbing an e-ticket from an authorized vendor

I generally go to the Washington games because they are closer to where I live. I have a friend who's a season ticket holder and I get them from him, so I sit in the Redskins' Season Ticket area.

I've only ever had one problem. They're not bad. Be cool with them and they'll be cool with you.

I can't imagine Phoenix would be much different.

You should def do that road trip. I have been traveling with the Green Legion the past five years and it has been awesome. They already have a lot of people signed up for the game. They provide transportation, ticket, hotel, tailgate etc. check out their website I think it greenlegion.com

me, 2 cousins, and ones friend drove out to Minnesota for the playoff game the year we tied the bengals. it was fun as hell. had security called on me for cheering too loud. pansies. it was crazy seeing all the eagles jerseys and pissing off the vikings fans before we got inside the stadium. the game was awesome. the drive was crazy. the food was horrible.

I went to the Eagles-Cardinals game in Arizona in 2012 when we got our butts kicked. I was on the 5 yard line about 10 rows up and saw Vick get crushed on the goal line and the Cardinals safety take it to the house right before the half. It was pretty bad because it was the game that Kevin Kolb shredded the Eagles. The fans there suck. They are fair weather in every sense of the word. When the cardinals are bad, they are cowboys fans. it's terrible. The stadium is pretty awesome and the surrounding area is even better.

Has anyone here done an away game trip to an Eagles game? I never have, but was thinking about making the trip out to Phoenix the weekend of October 26th to see us play the Cardinals.

A few questions I have:

2) Do the Eagles offer any travel packages for stuff like this? Tailgate parties and the like? If not through the Eagles, how about any other legit agencies?

Thanks!

i live in tucson and headed up to Glendale for the game. Phoenix/Glendale has a lot of thingss to do especially in october when the weather will be in the low 80s and high 70s. it will be awesome for a game and should open the dome. moreover, there are some bars around the arena and the eagles turnout is always huge. I suggest doing it, the weather alone during that time will allow you to do a lot. i compare glendale/phoenix/scottsdale to a mini LA

I went to the Eagles-Cardinals game in Arizona in 2012 when we got our butts kicked. I was on the 5 yard line about 10 rows up and saw Vick get crushed on the goal line and the Cardinals safety take it to the house right before the half. It was pretty bad because it was the game that Kevin Kolb shredded the Eagles. The fans there suck. They are fair weather in every sense of the word. When the cardinals are bad, they are cowboys fans. it's terrible. The stadium is pretty awesome and the surrounding area is even better.

nailed it on the cardinals fans. i went to the last game and the nfc championship game. it is exactly that. also after they won threw beer at me and cardinals fans tried to start fights. luckily i met duce staley in the parking lot and he helped me get to my car. dude is huge people stopped talking crap to me as soon as he walked with me. super nice guy

Guest PolkaDotPants

nailed it on the cardinals fans. i went to the last game and the nfc championship game. it is exactly that. also after they won threw beer at me and cardinals fans tried to start fights. luckily i met duce staley in the parking lot and he helped me get to my car. dude is huge people stopped talking crap to me as soon as he walked with me. super nice guy

Cool story! I'll be going to the Eagles-Cardinals game this season too.

what section are you in. im on the eagles sidline line (if facing the eagles bench from the other side of the field) 40 yard line about 7 rows up. we should all meet up before teh game at one of the bars around the arena

I hope the Eagles rip the heads off the Cardinals

yup i do too. the last 4 eagles games i've been to in arizona (one in san diego) we have lost. really tired of seeing them lose.

A few questions I have:

Thanks!

I am going to the game that day. I live in AZ. Last time they were here they had a parking lot for just eagles fans tailgating. It is nice out here but the card fans suck. Mostly band wagon fans. When they whooped on us the last time all the fans in the stadium acted like they were a super bowl team and talking alot of ****. You will enjoy it though. If ya want to meet up let me know.

This exactly. That game was so brutal. I bought $400 seats right behind the bench for that massacre ugh.

Lets all meet up

what section are you in. im on the eagles sidline line (if facing the eagles bench from the other side of the field) 40 yard line about 7 rows up. we should all meet up before teh game at one of the bars around the arena

I am going too if ya want to meet up. Section 132 row 5

A few questions I have:

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they do, they always have commercials about it when you watch the videos the post on the main page. Also I would spend my money on that game. It actually scares me more than most games on our schedule this season

I am going to the game that day. I live in AZ. Last time they were here they had a parking lot for just eagles fans tailgating. It is nice out here but the card fans suck. Mostly band wagon fans. When they whooped on us the last time all the fans in the stadium acted like they were a super bowl team and talking alot of ****. You will enjoy it though. If ya want to meet up let me know.

This exactly. That game was so brutal. I bought $400 seats right behind the bench for that massacre ugh.

Lets all meet up

I am going too if ya want to meet up. Section 132 row 5

definitely. i will let you know my section i have to look at my tickets when they come in the mail

I go to school at Arizona State so I'll definitely be going to that game with a huge group of friends.

Unfortunately most of the guys/girls I know are Cardinals fans so I'll be representing the green from the home side. The game is in October I believe so the weather should be pretty good.

I go to school at Arizona State so I'll definitely be going to that game with a huge group of friends.

Unfortunately most of the guys/girls I know are Cardinals fans so I'll be representing the green from the home side. The game is in October I believe so the weather should be pretty good.

Dude so do I! We should get a bunch of people together!

definitely. i will let you know my section i have to look at my tickets when they come in the mail

Ok dude!

Guest PolkaDotPants

Yeah I'm down with meeting up. You'll have to excuse my Fianc

I was thinking of going to the 49ers game to see the new stadium plus take a side trip to Lagunitas and Russian River breweries.

yup i do too. the last 4 eagles games i've been to in arizona (one in san diego) we have lost. really tired of seeing them lose.

No offense, but could you please stop going to the games? You may be bad luck.