Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

ALL Cowboys Linemen Wearing Knee Braces

Throughout contact practices and Pre-season games. Is this smart? How much will that affect them come Week 1? Or will Garrett make them all wear them all season long?

Eliot Shorr-Parks@EliotShorrParks 14m

Like this idea RT @NFLCharean Cowboys linemen are wearing knee braces. Team has made them mandatory for contact practices and games.

It's mostly for when they drop to their knees after a crucial Romo interception as they yell, "why Tony, why?"

parcels did this when he was in Dallas and on most of his teams, Garrett did it last year as well

parcels did this when he was in Dallas and on most of his teams, Garrett did it last year as well

I actually like the idea and have for several years as a lot of college teams do this too. I wish the Eagles would do it for both offensive and defensive lines as well as our QBs. Just adds some additional structural support for the knees at the positions where guys are more likely to have another player roll into their legs. The effects to flexibility and movement are extremely minimal if at all. I'm actually surprised more players don't voluntarily wear them to protect themselves and their very limited span of multi-million dollar earning potential.

If Carson Palmer had worn them from the get-go he likely wouldn't have suffered that devastating knee injury in his 2nd season against the Steelers in the playoffs, they win that game and very likely go on to win the Super Bowl that year instead of losing the best chance the Bengals ever had to win it all and forever altering Palmer as a player. He was never the same after that hit.

It makes more sense for TC than flyswatters and boom boxes

That's true, now the Cowboys defense won't suffer debilitating losses due to knee injuries in the offseason.

Guest PolkaDotPants

That must be why your quarterback outplayed ours...oh wait...

(Yeah, I know, injuries, bad o-line, and whatever other excuse you guys are using this offseason.)

KneePads.jpg

These are their 'knee braces' of choice... in case they find gloryholes.

Knee braces? They look like knee pads. Knee braces are the things that RGIII wore last season when he was trying to come back. They are completely different things. Am I missing something? :huh:

Knee braces? They look like knee pads. Knee braces are the things that RGIII wore last season when he was trying to come back. They are completely different things. Am I missing something? :huh:

That pic was a Joke...

love the signature....My question is! What happen over the past 20 years? Most of that success came out of 1 trade. And before you even go there. We are all aware that the Eagles have never won a superbowl. But we have 20 in the HOF, also 1 league MVP, 20 division titles, yada yada. This league is all about. What have you done lately. Not when most of the fans that were around back then are dead or pushing 80.

Look, it isn't a secret that We hate the Cowturds as does the rest of the division...The fact is, Dallas fans just continue to live in the past when in reality haven't done anything in 20 years and by the looks of things it could be another 20. Until Jones sells or dies, you guys are stuck in limbo.

love the signature....My question is! What happen over the past 20 years? Most of that success came out of 1 trade. And before you even go there. We are all aware that the Eagles have never won a superbowl. But we have 20 in the HOF, also 1 league MVP, 20 division titles, yada yada. This league is all about. What have you done lately. Not when most of the fans that were around back then are dead or pushing 80.

Look, it isn't a secret that We hate the Cowturds as does the rest of the division...The fact is, Dallas fans just continue to live in the past when in reality haven't done anything in 20 years and by the looks of things it could be another 20. Until Jones sells or dies, you guys are stuck in limbo.

Qualifying anyone elses success makes you sound like a loser. Just some honest advice.

So it looks like things will be tough for Dallas for 20 years. Hmmm you are one hell of a prognosticator.

Look the Cowboys are the most successful NFL franchise since it's 1960 inception. Now you can waste you time "qualifying" those accomplishments. You can slice and dice them into cherry picked data in a fruitless attempt to make yourself feel better about your 3rd rate franchise..........fine, have at it.

Just realize when you say things like "I hate the Cowboys", why it is you do. Because I think it's safe to say it aint for their lack of success. :D

Great question ackid....Jerry Jones happened to us the last 17 years.....now....what happened to the little eagles for say...the last 53 years?

The joke.

Jerry Jones - "I wish you could write a check and get in the Superbowl."

That's why you're a terrible GM.

Qualifying anyone elses success makes you sound like a loser. Just some honest advice.

So it looks like things will be tough for Dallas for 20 years. Hmmm you are one hell of a prognosticator.

Look the Cowboys are the most successful NFL franchise since it's 1960 inception. Now you can waste you time "qualifying" those accomplishments. You can slice and dice them into cherry picked data in a fruitless attempt to make yourself feel better about your 3rd rate franchise..........fine, have at it.

Just realize when you say things like "I hate the Cowboys", why it is you do. Because I think it's safe to say it aint for their lack of success. :D

You seem upset your team is gonna stink like rhinoceros a**.

Relax it will be over soon.

BTW... The Steelers are the most successful franchise since The Cowboys inception.

Jerry Jones - "I wish you could write a check and get in the Superbowl."

That's why you're a terrible GM.

Of course you watched the interview with the owner of America's Team. :D

You seem upset your team is gonna stink like rhinoceros a**.

Relax it will be over soon.

BTW... The Steelers are the most successful franchise since The Cowboys inception.

What makes you believe this?

no, I watched the interview with the owner of the Cowboys. I'm actually kind of worried about him. 5 years ago he could actually string a sentence or two together. He's not sounding good these days.

What makes you believe this?

Simple math.

Cowboys 5 SB victories.

Steelers 6 SB victories.

Steelers have been more successful.

If The Cowboys can manage not to stink, and win a SB in the next 20 years, they might be as successful as The Steelers.

He actually thought he was watching Thundercats, and Mumra went on a rant.