Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith over Ray Rice domestic abuse commentary

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/espn-suspends-stephen-a--smith-over-ray-rice-domestic-abuse-commentary-213719386.html

A week? I'm very sure if this jag-off didn't have so many viewers(still don't know why he does) he would be gone. In my eyes he should be. Basically what he says is. " if a woman puts her hands on a man then she should get knocked the F out". I can't believe this dude isn't fired. This guy is disgusting. Then he tried to back track. "its not what i meant"

All the things we can predict in a person come out sooner or later. Just a matter of time.

Perhaps Stephen A had that rant out of anger? I mean he's now going to spend his winters back in Cleveland following LeBron around instead of Miami as he had the last 4 years. That would piss me off. Who knows? Maybe he busted his lady's nose after Bron Bron went back home..,

They suspend him for the public outrage and give him a pat on the back (and a raise) for the millions of clicks and viewers he drew to their network.

We're kidding ourselves if we think that a show with producers, cameramen, writers and editors on a network run by TV executives and owned by shareholders didn't know that this comment would reach the public eye and stir the pot.

What, you think these shows are 100% live and unfiltered? You think they don't re-record things? Edit things? What if a host stumbles over a word? What if a phone goes off? What if someone curses? The director yells "Cut" and you shoot it again.

ESPN knew what they were putting on the air. Stephen A Smith is an actor who specializes in trolling. Just like everyone else on that crappy network. Stop pointing fingers at the actor and start pointing fingers at the network who pays him and puts his crap on the air, knowing that it'll tick you off.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/espn-suspends-stephen-a--smith-over-ray-rice-domestic-abuse-commentary-213719386.html

A week? I'm very sure if this jag-off didn't have so many viewers(still don't know why he does) he would be gone. In my eyes he should be. Basically what he says is. " if a woman puts her hands on a man then she should get knocked the F out". I can't believe this dude isn't fired. This guy is disgusting. Then he tried to back track. "its not what i meant"

Blown way out of proportion. He said it wrong no question but he never justified hitting a woman.

We all love to rush to judgment and demonize people.

While it's entertaining that he temporarily got the boot, it's actually due time as he's said some things that were more cynical than this recent comment.

Wow!

it gives him a whole week to come up with some more big words he can misuse.

You have that right. In 1980 there was some white guy in a situational comedy mispronouncing words left and right without even understanding the words that he was trying to use. 34 years later we have Stephen A. Smith. A self-proclaimed knowledgeable and well spoken master of the English language.

I know I'm in the minority, but when he isn't playing the "Screamin' A." character I've found some of his takes to be thought provoking and interesting. But, I digress...

Whether it be Smith, the coach from the Vikings or even Sterling, I'm not comfortable with these harsh punishments for simply saying words. Just on principle, punitive action against thought and speech (especially said in the heat of the moment) doesn't sit well with me.

I was agreeing with you until you mentioned Sterling. In a league dominated by African Americans, he deserves every bit of scorn he's endured throughout the nation. And he deserves his team taken from him but sadly, he'll be rewarded via the appreciation on the value of his team.

I am no advocate of hitting shaking or touching a women in an aggressive way unless you are being legitimately attacked and fear for your life. And I also dislike smith.

That being said, I understood his point. He was saying some women will go as far as possible knowing there are no repercussions and that they have to take responsibility that if you are walking that fine line, it is possible that someone will snap and in that case, you didn't get ambushed, you put yourself in harms way and gambled that the man wouldn't hit you.

I was agreeing with you until you mentioned Sterling. In a league dominated by African Americans, he deserves every bit of scorn he's endured throughout the nation. And he deserves his team taken from him but sadly, he'll be rewarded via the appreciation on the value of his team.

Yup, thats like a NHL owner bashing Canadians

As for SAS being suspended, just the politically correct media striking again. Women can do whatever they want to men and be absolved from any accountability because they're weak women and we're big bad sexist men

Feminists only want equality when it benefits women

I was with him till he mentioned Sterling as well.

The NBA couldn't do nothing with him with the apartment building thing because it was out of their parameters, I guess.

They needed that one thing to get rid of him, and it was given to them.

I hope he takes his billions and chokes on it.

Yup, thats like a NHL owner bashing Canadians

As for SAS being suspended, just the politically correct media striking again. Women can do whatever they want to men and be absolved from any accountability because they're weak women and we're big bad sexist men

Feminists only want equality when it benefits women

You can't believe that.

Everyone knows what he meant. Everyone knows he's right. Everyone knows there's more to the Ray Rice story than the public has been made aware of and that's precisely why the league went with a 2 game suspension. Rice and his attorneys wanted the entirety if the matter kept private in a wise move to sweep the thing under the rug and move on with life.

Everything else in this matter is fake outrage and bitterness over the fact that not even TMZ could deliver the entire story this time.

You can't believe that.

You're damn right I believe it. Feminists wanting equality in 2014 is code for they want the perks of being a man without any of the disadvantages.

Feminists can suck my croc. Yeah, I said it.

You're damn right I believe it. Feminists wanting equality in 2014 is code for they want the perks of being a man without any of the disadvantages.

Feminists are just pissed because most men want nothing to do with them. They're ugly inside and out usually.

No, I meant the women can do whatever they want to men and be absolved from any accountability because they're weak women and we're big bad sexist men part.

I think feminist are pissed because they don't have peepees.

No, I meant the women can do whatever they want to men and be absolved from any accountability because they're weak women and we're big bad sexist men part.

I think feminist are pissed because they don't have peepees.

That was sarcasm lol

That guy and is so freaking annoying, I don't know how people can watch a minute of that screaming.

Feminists can suck my croc. Yeah, I said it.

Feminists are just pissed because most men want nothing to do with them. They're ugly inside and out usually.

Like you

Stu Scott said 'Pimp Slapped' on Sportscenter and then blamed it on his cultural upbringing.

NO SUSPENSION

http://nypost.com/2003/09/19/slap-at-common-decency-espns-scott-hit-low-road-with-slur/

EPSN is the worldwide leader in random punishment.

Limbaugh made his comments on a Sunday night and it took them until Wednesday to respond and he resigned on Thursday.

I think ESPN is dancing on a pin with Stephen A. Smith because they had to pay via lawsuit former ESPN baseball analyst Harold Reynolds for "wrongful termination". Now Harold Reynolds has a thriving career on the MLB network. All Stephen needs to do is jump to TNT, or the NBA network. Yet in ESPN's best interests' it would make Skip Bayless dumber, without another idiot with an opinion.

Hell, I've heard SAS use the N-word on TV and not get punished for it. I'm a little surprised he got suspended at all.