rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Yeah, but explain how he's better, though.

Well, for starters, Carrs arm talent is much greatezt. His footwork is a mix of Kevin Bacon and Michael Jackson. Hands down greatest footwork and arm talentzzz

Objectively, Carr shouldn't even be top three for ROY. OBJ, Bridgewater and Benjamin all had more impressive rookie seasons.

WTF?! He wasn't inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame tonight! The idiots, don't they know anything about arm talent?!?!

WTF?! He wasn't inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame tonight! The idiots, don't they know anything about arm talent?!?!

Seriously, how did that scrub Tim Brown get in over the greatest Raider of all time?

Seriously, how did that scrub Tim Brown get in over the greatest Raider of all time?

The bigger question is how did Rodgers get another MVP after the stunning year Carr just put up?

I'm shocked too.

This shouldn’t be an issue for Carr in his second NFL season. Under new offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, the Raiders will INSTALLarrow-10x10.png a no-huddle offense. The change makes sense. Musgrave was the quarterbacks coach in in Philadelphia in 2014 under the guidance of Chip Kelly, who is known for running an extremely fast-paced offensive attack. 

Musgrave is clearly mixing his Eagles' experience and Carr’s past with this approach. 

"My last two years at Fresno State were 100 percent no-huddle, and I love it. I’m very comfortable in it," Carr said. "They are building this offense around me, and I’m really excited about it. I lit up when they told me." 

http://espn.go.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/9344/derek-carr-excited-about-running-raiders-new-no-huddle-offense

So let's get this straight right now:  you credit any good things Foles has done with the scheme and not Foles and call him smoke and mirrors....

so the Raiders took his QB coach and made him their OC....

...so if Carr improves he'll be benefiting from the scheme and it should be no credit to him.

That's your logic.

So let's get this straight right now:  you credit any good things Foles has done with the scheme and not Foles and call him smoke and mirrors....

so the Raiders took his QB coach and made him their OC....

...so if Carr improves he'll be benefiting from the scheme and it should be no credit to him.

That's your logic.

You shouldn't quote RStarter and use the word "logic" in your post.

It's counterproductive.

Brian Williams reported he witnessed Carr lift his news van 6 feet off the ground with one arm. His non throwing arm at that.

Did he say that Carr:

1. Was already as good as Aaron Rodgers before the preseason started?

2. Should have been the OROTY, not even close?

3. Is one of the best draft picks to ever come out of the NFL?

Brian Williams reported he witnessed Carr lift his news van with one arm. His non throwing arm at that.

You bastid, I almost spit out my soda!   :lol:

On the one hand, we've got Greg Cosell, and on the other hand we've got the know-nothing crowds that populate EMB, who for some reason or another believe Foles is a franchise QB. Could you please put up the exact quote where I compared Carr to Rodgers??? As far as rookie QBs go, Carr lead them by a good margin.

On the one hand, we've got Greg Cosell, and on the other hand we've got the know-nothing crowds that populate EMB, who for some reason or another believe Foles is a franchise QB. Could you please put up the exact quote where I compared Carr to Rodgers??? As far as rookie QBs go, Carr lead them by a good margin.

This is why people don't take Foles haters seriously.  You really think no one but some posters on the EMB think Foles is a good QB?

:lol:

The same BS sites that rip Foles (to get clicks and attention) also post that teams are interested in trading for him:  Rams, Titans, Texans.  LOL so Foles sucks but other teams want to trade for him? 

He knows talent when he sees it. I just can't be any further than 3 1/2 feet from him

287otua.jpg

Gee, I wonder if that's because he was the only rookie QB who was a starter all season?

Greg Cossell also said that Griffin was a superior passer to Luck and that Luck was not a special passer and didn't have as much arm talent as Cam Newton. So....

Oh and cosell also said that Bortles, not Carr, was the best QB prospect heading into the draft last season...

But I guess this is just one of those cases where you will take an "expert's" words if they jive with yours and use that as proof since he's obviously smarter than any EMB member, but ignore anything they say that may be incorrect or if they say something that doesn't jive with your argument...

That's because the other guys didn't come within 3.5 get of him when they threw

How about here?

Are you guys serious? James Jones is your best receiving threat, and you want to talk about Carr having weapons? I still stand by what I said about wanting Carr on this team. To understand why, all you need to do is look at who we're fielding at the position. For all the talk about how great Foles is, I'm yet to have someone truly explain to me what it is exactly that makes him so great. This kid is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers. Were the draft to be held today, they'd be in pole position for the #1 pick. If they can pick an Amari Cooper type receiver, and maybe DGB in the second, it's game over in the AFCW. DC's still my type of QB, 0-6 record notwithstanding. Just imagine though, if the Raiders are 0-6 right now with Carr having a 8/5 statline and fewer overall turnovers, I can't imagine they'd be better with Foles' 10/8 and his league-leading turnover rate.

And here?

Modern day is a very fluid term don't you think, and quite frankly could be stretched to cover any/every era. But really, it serves as the perfect frame of reference, seeing as how QBs of today are pushing the envelope with regards to throwing production. For example, we could try and compare him to someone like Bradshaw, with his 4 SB rings, but he's from an era that was known more for hard defenses, running the ball and less for 4000 yard passing QBs. However you want to wrap it up though, Carr will be one of the best QBs this league has seen. He's got Aaron Rodgers type talent.

It's really sad seeing y'all circling the wagons against a QB that has a superior skill set to Foles, just because your guy got exposed for the world to see. Carr should've been drafted here, instead of standing there in amazement of Foles' "skill set," when there was nothing to be amazed about in the first place. But he's so smart right? Yeah, smart enough to turn the ball over as many times as he has scored. Carr was a better prospect coming out of college than Rodgers was coming out of CAL. Based on his "tangible" skill set (unlike QBs like Kolb whose claim to the job can only be justified on "intangibles") he'll be a great QB.

What about this?

Carr is already the best QB of this class, bar none. With a #1 receiver and competent coaching staff, he'll be a very solid QB, in the mold of Luck and Rodgers.

Or this?