rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Derek Carr has the easiest job.

Throw a 2 yard pass. Receiver gets 9

Complete a 10 yard pass. Receiver breaks tackles and gets 40 and a td.

Nick foles could do what Carr is doing. Easy.

Just because she can play "Chopsticks" doesn't mean we're on the same playing level. Same thing with Foles: just because Carr is throwing dumpoffs doesn't mean Foles, who can throw dump offs with the best of them, have the same skill set. Nice TD throw by the way.

Like I said: The broncos are an entirely different beast.

That was the best pass I've seen Carr throw as a professional qb. Just put some air under it and let your wr run under it. That was Fing beautiful.

This game is over btw. Up 21-3 vs the jets and Geno is the qb.

Oh.... And geno just threw an int.

53480860.jpg

A lot of credit should go Reggie's way btw. Carr, Mack, Coop, the FA acquisitions. The Raiders are steadily moving away from the doldrums of mediocrity and back into the greatness that defined the team generations ago.

I said it once and I'll say it again: there've not been a lot of QBs that came out of college able to throw the way Carr does. The skeptic in me wants to wait this out another year or two, but good lord he's got a skill set that almost immediately drowns out its voice. Forget the stats (btw, 14 TDs 3 INTs for you stat consumers); he's got an INCREDIBLE skill set that makes you believe there's more to come.

So you're saying Derek Carr isn't good enough?

That defense is ridiculous. Even if Carr sneaked out with a win against them, it wouldn't take away from the fact that DEN is playing a unit that is significantly harder to score against.

I'd sit Carr right now the game's already been decided. That, or just get the RBs some stats.

That's an easy one. Take the guy with more NFL touchdowns, and more NFL wins.

So...Derek Carr Nick Foles.....Nick Foles Derek Carr.

526344fe1605fb2dcf0001dc.jpg?w=400

Digging your heels in a little more I see?

So you're telling me that if Foles was your starter, and there was a Luck-type player available in the draft you'd pass on drafting him based on his lack of NFL experience?

First it was comparing Carr to Rodgers, now its Luck, next itll be Brady...and when he shows a bit of mobility and runs a bit itll be Wilson.

None of those guys are on Carrs level when it comes to positioning a running back

Carr had a friggin great stat line today! Raiders should have a bright future.

But he's not Rodgers.

Carr had a friggin great stat line today! Raiders should have a bright future.

But he's not Rodgers.

His throwing ability is top 5 easily. There's not a throw Rodgers can make that Carr can't. You cannot deny that Carr came out of Fresno State a better passer of the ball than Rodgers did coming out of Cal. Don't you think so or nah?

And again, it's not about the stats. The stats are merely the fruits of his skill set.

Didn't see high lights but nice stat line and big win.

If only rstarter were as interested in his own team.

His throwing ability is top 5 easily. There's not a throw Rodgers can make that Carr can't. You cannot deny that Carr came out of Fresno State a better passer of the ball than Rodgers did coming out of Cal. Don't you think so or nah?

I didn't see any marked difference between the two coming out school, no.

Side note: don't you EVER take a 2 day hiatus again, rstarter. I love this thread. Screw the classes! Stick it to the man! Praise Rodgers Jr.! :P

Didn't see high lights but nice stat line and big win.

If only rstarter were as interested in his own team.

Q: How do you tell a real fan from a fickle one?

A: The real fan takes the wins and loses equally hard. When the Eagles lose, especially during non prime-time games, I don't even care for the later games.

I didn't see any marked difference between the two coming out school, no.

Side note: don't you EVER take a 2 day hiatus again, rstarter. I love this thread. Screw the classes! Stick it to the man! Praise Rodgers Jr.! :P

Not 2 days, 2 weeks. I thought he may have been run over by a Carr or something.