rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

His throwing ability is top 5 easily. There's not a throw Rodgers can make that Carr can't. You cannot deny that Carr came out of Fresno State a better passer of the ball than Rodgers did coming out of Cal. Don't you think so or nah?

First of all, we've been over the top 5 arm thing and Carr isn't top 5.

2ndly, "coming out of college" doesn't mean much when

#3 you barely show dat arm talent except once every 5 games.

#4 if I have to watch one more wr screen

Showed a lot of 'arm talent' on that 2 yard pass the RB broke for something like 60 yards and a TD, eh? 

Wasn't that the type of play you used to say Foles relied on? 

Pedestrian throws + excellent running = TD, and makes the QB look good you used to say. What say you now? 

Showed a lot of 'arm talent' on that 2 yard pass the RB broke for something like 60 yards and a TD, eh? 

Pedestrian throws + excellent running = TD, and makes the QB look good you used to say. What say you now? 

Hence I said he was lucky. It wasn't an amazing throw by any means. Why are you picking that one throw, when he has in fact made a variety of awesome throws, most of which I know Foles wouldn't even dream of making in his deepest of slumbers?

Why don't you talk about the 40-yards-in-the-air TD to Holmes? Or the gorgeous fade Carr threw to him?

"A variety of awesome throws"?

Lol!

Seriously, Carr throws screens and dump-offs all day, every day and his guys do all the work. That one throw to Holmes was great. Let's forget the fact that Foles has thrown that exact pass multiple times in the pros and college for a second; the real deal is Carr throws a pass like that once every 5-6 games. Even earlier in the game, he had the same exact pass open for cooper, but it sailed out of bounds.

He hasn't done anything week in and week out. Nothing that makes you go, "wow! Dat arm talent doe!" It's dink and dunk and wr screens. There are no "awesome throws". He threw one good, nfl qb pass this week. I'm pretty sure he'll be done for the rest of the year.

He has 1 comeback victory (that mess vs the chiefs last year)

He still looks like a deer vs pressure

He attacks the defense once a game and never if it's close.

Cooper is the one thing that has gotten better for him. Every other addition on offense has been a wash considering what left.

His o-line is the same.

Rbs are the same.

Carr hasn't changed at all. The only difference is they call more screens. There's nothing impressive about this dude. You complete one good throw every 5 weeks and I'm supposed to champion this dude? Give me a Fing break.

He's having a pro bowl year and is looking like a franchise Qb.  This thread is headed towards the greatest feasting of crow in the history of the internet.

He's having a pro bowl year and is looking like a franchise Qb. This thread is headed towards the greatest feasting of crow in the history of the internet.

Actually no, it's not. His words were Carr will be a better version of Aaron Rodgers. The man with the single greatest QB rating in the history of organized football.

I know you're being facetious but Carr has played pretty damn good pretty much all season with the exception of the game that he got hurt. Wayyyy better than Bradford and Foles that's for sure. Again I only know because I've been following him for my fantasy team. Not a fan boy but gotta give credit where credit is due. That Raiders team actually looks pretty good and it's mostly because of Carr. The talk of Carr being Aaron Rodgers level is a bit much though.

Q: How do you tell a real fan from a fickle one?

A: The real fan takes the wins and loses equally hard. When the Eagles lose, especially during non prime-time games, I don't even care for the later games.

I've never seen anyone obsess over the player on another team like this.  It sucks for you that the Eagles didn't draft him.  It sucks that they drafted LJ Smith instead of Jason Witten, or passed on Earl Thomas or lots of other players who turned out to be great players.  There's paying attention to the career and highlights of great players around the league...

...and then there's you and Carr.  It's weird man.

Fact is, how can a qb not perform well with a wr like cooper. Overall the entire team is pretty solid on both sides of the ball with a decent coach to top it off, Carr is in a good situation.

There's almost nothing Carr does or has done that's impressive. As of right now, I'd take Andy dalton.

For all you stats consumers:

15TDs 3INTs,

7TDs   5INTs,

Well you could say that since the Rams are more run-oriented, Foles doesn't have as many opportunities as Carr to throw TDs. But that wouldn't explain why his INTs are the way they are. But yeah, we as a team are really better for keeping Foles and his misleading stats (LOOK AT THE SKILL SET!!!!!) instead of improving on the position.

And it's not even about the stats. Carr could throw for 6 INTs next week, and the general consensus would very like not change as a result. He's got a BIG TIME arm, he's smart with the ball, and he's a good leader. His results are based on something; they don't just happen. But yeah he sucks though right? He's not a better QB than Bridgewater, Foles and the rest?

Bumped to prep for another season, and yet another Carr crash...

Yup!!

Yeah. He put a lot of air under that deep ball. To drop it in the bucket. And the fact that he did it PERFECTLY should show you that he can complete the long ball. But you're an idiot so.....

I mean damn.... We've been over the "too much air"vs "on a rope" stuff too. A diagram was even perfectly constructed to show that throwing the deep ball the way foles does not only gives the defender less of a chance to deflect the pass but also shows how big an he has because the ball travels more air yards as it drops in to the receiver.

You've just never gotten over that because for some reason, watching a flat ball on a deep pass gives you a hard-on.

Doesn't matter if it's a seam route or a fade; Foles throws them all the same.

Guys top 1/2 of QBs is too doable an expectation. Why don't you come up with a worthy goal, with something tangible to wager on, and I'll be game.

Pick your poison.

The same thing as you. Changing the handle to something like "DerekCarrisGreat" for 2016.

Oh no. I want a piece of this action. But I'm gonna hold rstarter to the (rtarded) beliefs he held when this dude was drafted.

I'll take whatever avatar you want, and you'll do the same from me.

Derek Carr has to finish the season with.....

1) better than a 2-1 td -int ratio (15/3 so.... :smoke: )

2) a top 10 ypa (Still have some games remaining, but check).

3) while playing the majority of 9 or more games (Almost there...check)

4) and he "leads the team" to 7 wins or more. (Almost there)

If he gets injured, all bets are off.

And when I say "leads the team" I mean, he needs to be the driving force to the teams victory( :smoke: ). That means if he plays like ****, but has the game-winning drive, he gets credit for it. If he performs like Carrbage and his team wins 13-10 and the only td they get is off a turnover, he gets no credit for it.

Shouldn't be that hard for "Arod but better". Why not? These weren't even HALF of the ridiculous standards you held Nick Foles to. You're getting off lightly.

You're still game???

And it's not even about the stats. Carr could throw for 6 INTs next week, and the general consensus would very like not change as a result. He's got a BIG TIME arm, he's smart with the ball, and he's a good leader. His results are based on something; they don't just happen. But yeah he sucks though right? He's not a better QB than Bridgewater, Foles and the rest?

Skill set is what gets you drafted.

It's what you do at the NFL level that matters.  And as we've seen, just stringing together a few games or even 1 good season doesn't mean much.  Vick had a nice patch of games in 2010.  At one point Kolb broke a record for some kind of stat in back to back games for first time starters, I forget what that was.  Foles did what he did in 2013.  

QBs around the league have a good stretch of games, or even a good season.  To become truly great they have to do it consistently.

Carr may go on to greatness, I've always maintained he's a good young QB prospect.  But the top QBs in the league usually take 4 years or more to get there.  Look at Andy Dalton's season, he's doing well but in previous seasons he went through what all QBs do in developing and at one point their fans were very down on him.

Actually no, it's not. His words were Carr will be a better version of Aaron Rodgers. The man with the single greatest QB rating in the history of organized football.

I'll fry you some crow.  Humble pie for dessert.

you're still game?

Absolutely. Because by my count (and your retarded standards) he's "lead" the raiders to 1 victory. Yes. The raiders have won 4 games. But one of your problems with foles was how he performed against good defenses. Well so far, Carr has faced only two. Everybody else has been a bottom feeder.

Looks to me like nothing has changed with Carr. He just dinks and dunks and his skill guys go crazy with the ball. There's nothing impressive about him. I absolutely need to see more from and that sucks because I hate watching bubble screens and dump-offs and passes short of the first down marker.

He's not smart with the ball. He's an average decision maker at best. This is especially shown when the raiders are trailing. He has no sense of urgency. He throws dump-offs on 3rd and 9 with regularity. His skill guys have simply been going ape on these short passes. And it's been happening all season.

This is what is so funny. You couldn't give Foles any credit for his entire 2013 season. Every play he made was criticized if not absolutely perfect.

And here we have Derek Carr, doing basically the bare minimum (by your standards) I'm supposed to bow down to that ****?

L

M

A

O

As far as I'm concerned, this season is heading towards fluke status because Carr is the same guy he was in college. And that's basically jay cutler with no balls, a less lethal arm, **** footwork, and a quick release.

He's having a pro bowl year and is looking like a franchise Qb.  This thread is headed towards the greatest feasting of crow in the history of the internet.

Nope.

You STILL don't get it.

rstarter said that Carr was going to easily win Offensive Rookie of the Year.  He did not.

He said that Carr was already as good as Aaron Rodgers, no rookie is.

He said that Carr would eventually be known as one of the greatest NFL draft picks of all time.  

Carr being a young promising QB developing and playing well does not matter.  AT ALL.  Most of us have agreed he's a good prospect and a good QB to develop.  Some like to rip on him being a bad QB.  

Skill set is what gets you drafted.

It's what you do at the NFL level that matters.  And as we've seen, just stringing together a few games or even 1 good season doesn't mean much.  Vick had a nice patch of games in 2010.  At one point Kolb broke a record for some kind of stat in back to back games for first time starters, I forget what that was.  Foles did what he did in 2013.  

QBs around the league have a good stretch of games, or even a good season.  To become truly great they have to do it consistently.

Carr may go on to greatness, I've always maintained he's a good young QB prospect.  But the top QBs in the league usually take 4 years or more to get there.  Look at Andy Dalton's season, he's doing well but in previous seasons he went through what all QBs do in developing and at one point their fans were very down on him.

Lol at this Fn guy^. 

"QBs take 4 years to become elite, but I'm still going to tear apart this QB and claim myself right after his rookie season."

"Oh, Carr is playing well now? What I meant to say was that he definitely COULD become elite. In other words, I agree with the OP, making everything I've posted in this thread meaningless."

He said that Carr was already as good as Aaron Rodgers, no rookie is.

No, you just chose to take it that way. "As good of a passer as Rodgers coming out of college" does not mean "better NFL QB than Rodgers."

Lol at this Fn guy^. 

"QBs take 4 years to become elite, but I'm still going to tear apart this QB and claim myself right after his rookie season."

"Oh, Carr is playing well now? What I meant to say was that he definitely COULD become elite. In other words, I agree with the OP, making everything I've posted in this thread meaningless."

No, you just chose to take it that way. "As good of a passer as Rodgers coming out of college" does not mean "better NFL QB than Rodgers."

I didn't tear him apart, I poked fun at rstarter.

He recently moved the goal post himself about Rodgers saying as good a skill set coming out of college.  Last year he said he was as already as good as Aaron Rodgers and would be one of the best NFL draft picks of all time.

Why don't you go fetch us some beers?

He recently moved the goal post himself about Rodgers saying as good a skill set coming out of college. Last year he said he was as already as good as Aaron Rodgers and would be one of the best NFL draft picks of all time.

His alphaness would turn the beers to ice. Too cool.

He recently moved the goal post himself about Rodgers saying as good a skill set coming out of college. Last year he said he was as already as good as Aaron Rodgers and would be one of the best NFL draft picks of all time.

Green Bay, New England, Denver, New Orleans : Incumbent QBs have won at least 1 super bowl. They have QBs that are better right now than Carr.

Yeah sure sounds like he always thought Carr was already the best NFL QB before playing a game... 

So funny you had to say it twice? Stick to the Maple Leafs you midget.