rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Nope.

You STILL don't get it.

rstarter said that Carr was going to easily win Offensive Rookie of the Year.  He did not.

He said that Carr was already as good as Aaron Rodgers, no rookie is.

He said that Carr would eventually be known as one of the greatest NFL draft picks of all time.  

Carr being a young promising QB developing and playing well does not matter.  AT ALL.  Most of us have agreed he's a good prospect and a good QB to develop.  Some like to rip on him being a bad QB.  

You are unwilling to throw your friends under the bus is what's up or accept your guilt by association.  This thread was a Carr bashing thread making fun of how bad he looked and played as a rookie.  That SOME of you were just poking at rstarter for going overboard doesn't change that MOST of the haters in this thread became big time Carr bashers and now ALL of you will have to EAT CROW TOGETHER while rstarter runs victory laps in what you yourselves have described THE MOST EPIC THREAD IN ATNFL HISTORY.

Watch the small bones, we wouldn't like ya'll to choke now. :roll:

Yeah sure sounds like he always thought Carr was already the best NFL QB before playing a game...

So funny you had to say it twice? Stick to the Maple Leafs you midget.

Midget? Its not what yer mum and sister thought last night.

This is turning to be quite the hamster wheel, what with some people parsing my comments about Carr/Rodgers and willfully misrepresenting what I said about the two.

First, let's take a look at Aaron Rodgers during his senior season @ Cal:

Some clips from Carr's senior season:

Who, in your eyes, looks like the cleaner thrower? 

And Dawkins4prez, you know what hurts my mind the most? It's that these sycophants not only thought that Foles was the better QB, but that he still is the better one based on a fluky season he had 2 years ago. Yeah there's victory laps to be run, but I'm more interested in waiting for the season to be over. Once we get there, y'all will have to call me a Chef 'cause I'll be serving the hottest dish of crow this side of EMB.

You are unwilling to throw your friends under the bus is what's up or accept your guilt by association. This thread was a Carr bashing thread making fun of how bad he looked and played as a rookie.

Stopped reading because that last sentence is factual incorrect. Like, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry 'bout it.

Your thoughts are great and all, and your words have as much validity as anyone else's, but your logic is based on a factually incorrect assumption. If you can't see that, I (and certainly many others) have no reason to take you seriously.

If Carr shows up, then we're making fun of rstarter.

If Carr stinks up the joint, then not only is Carr a bad QB but rstarter was also wrong. 

It's win win win. And look I get that some (like MMax) took, and continue to take, great pleasures in making fun of my "obsession" with Carr, but for all y'all that foolishly thought Foles was anywhere near the QB Carr is

hulk-hogan-ear-cup-o.gif

This is turning to be quite the hamster wheel, what with some people parsing my comments about Carr/Rodgers and willfully misrepresenting what I said about the two.

{YouTube clips}

Who, in your eyes, looks like the cleaner thrower?

Classic rstarter post right here. Like, a gem amongst many.

"with some people parsing my comments about Carr/Rodgers and willfully misrepresenting what I said about the two..."

"but no rlly look at these clipz and tell me that Carr doesn't look better than ARod in college... now don't get me wrong, I ain't saying Carr is gonna go down as one of the best players in draft recent history or that Carr is a better prospect than ARod or that Carr would win OROTY butwaitlookattheseclipzandthatarmtalentandletmeaskyourhetoricallyifRodgersrllyrllylooksbetterthanCarrbecausehedoesntandyallbetrippinifyouthinkhedoesandohwaitthatsexactlywhatimsaying"

Carr = trash

Dude said Carr was better than Foles

Obviously comparing Carr to foles looks like stupidity. I think we should start comparing Carr to a qb more suitable to his skillset, stats, "eye test" scores, and arm talent.....

Who's better?

Derek Carr vs Geno smith vs Jimmy clausen?

Derek Carr isn't even better than David Carr.

Derek Carr is much better then Foles at at least one thing 

:roll: SUCKING  :roll: 

16-26 146 yards

His ypa is Fing PATHETIC.

I'm thinking jimmy clausen is better than him. Not sure if Carr is better than geno though.

I'll say it again, for those with eyes and ears: Derek Carr, David Carr's brother, is a much better QB than Foles. I'm still resolved in my opinion of that. Has a great arm, is athletic, and is smart. Unfortunately, his surrounding cast in Oakland is very wanting. Times up for him. I'd rather they just shut it down and recoup next season when they have some receivers to actually help DC out. I didn't think it would turn out like this though, I'll be honest.

I only got to watch the 1st half, but his deep ball accuracy and ability to fit the ball into tight coverage was on display. Smh this moribund organization is going to waste DC's talent unless they get some talent around him. As it stands, he had better receivers in college than he does right now.

I didn't see any marked difference between the two coming out school, no.

Actually, my prior post with the clips was indirectly being addressed to you, so....

If Carr shows up, then we're making fun of rstarter.

If Carr stinks up the joint, then not only is Carr a bad QB but rstarter was also wrong.

It's win win win. And look I get that some (like MMax) took, and continue to take, great pleasures in making fun of my "obsession" with Carr, but for all y'all that foolishly thought Foles was anywhere near the QB Carr is

hulk-hogan-ear-cup-o.gif

Would it surprise you that I want Carr to do well? I don't hate any player in the league (well, except Brady and Gronk). We just found your hubris to be rather over the top and it leant itself towards mockery. If Carr turns out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, so be it and you'll have a field day up in here. But who's to say Carr's good statistical games this year aren't a fluke? You can't fault Foles for having a small number of statistically good games and then in the next breath claim that Carr is a potential top 3 elite QB because he had a small number of statistically good games just because you interpret "dat arm talent doe" as being better. In both cases, we need more data before coming to any conclusions. I'd agree with you, anyone claiming Foles was God after one season of great stats was a fool... but you know what I mean?

Why do we have a 20 page thread about bad quarterbacks?

David Carr will be out of the league before Obama is out of office.

Actually, my prior post with the clips was indirectly being addressed to you, so....

I suspected it might have been! :P

And no, I see their arms as generally about the same in the regards you wanted me to assess. Not Rodgers>>Carr or Carr>>Rodgers to a statistically significant degree.

I suspected it might have been! :P

And no, I see their arms as generally about the same in the regards you wanted me to assess. Not Rodgers>>Carr or Carr>>Rodgers to a statistically significant degree.

No way in hell did Rodgers have the howitzer that Carr had in Fresno State. Carr could make any throw; fades, deep outs, slants, down the seam. And his release was way better than Rodgers while both were in college. Do this show me Rodger's best throw from college. Heck, let's even compare his best throw in the NFL. In my opinion, this is the best throw I've seen Carr complete:

FrLkB4V.gif

At the same time, I agree that it's moot to talk about who between the two threw better in college, when the context of our argument (regarding Carr in the NFL) has dealt more with his potential once he gets into the league. I know y'all are salty and don't want to admit it, but he was throwing passes in 2012 and 2011 (before his senior season) that NFL QBs couldn't even imagine to attempt.

Would it surprise you that I want Carr to do well? I don't hate any player in the league (well, except Brady and Gronk). We just found your hubris to be rather over the top and it leant itself towards mockery. If Carr turns out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, so be it and you'll have a field day up in here. But who's to say Carr's good statistical games this year aren't a fluke? You can't fault Foles for having a small number of statistically good games and then in the next breath claim that Carr is a potential top 3 elite QB because he had a small number of statistically good games just because you interpret "dat arm talent doe" as being better. In both cases, we need more data before coming to any conclusions. I'd agree with you, anyone claiming Foles was God after one season of great stats was a fool... but you know what I mean?

It's due to the stats happening because he has elite arm talent, he's smart and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. With Foles, all that happened in spite of him having neither the physical attributes nor the mental makeup to consistently produce the way he did. All those flying saucers he was throwing all in the name of throwing deep, it was quite obvious that he didn't have the ability to make certain throws. This is not pixie dust production we're seeing; he is performing because he's got an incredible skill set to tap into. These aren't empty stats.

hahaha

gotta give it to you rstarter

its looking more and more like you are gonna make all these haters eat some crow

shows great character that you stuck to your guns and have took all this crap from these people who think they know it all

if Carr was playing like crap they all would being talking so much S  Lol

15 tds 3 int..

Carr is having a pro bowl type year

and is way better than any QB on the Eagles roster as well as Foles..

I WISH Carr was an Eagle instead of the pathetic QBs on the roster

imagine him at QB with the Eagles run game and defense..

Derek Carr is good in the way that Jeff George and Andre Ware are good.

We should let this thread die like Rstarters Delusions of Grandeur of Carr

Since my question about how many games he has won never gets answered, I'll ask this one again...is Derek Carr making the Raiders a better team? If so, how?

Another charity td for Carr. I'm so glad he finally threw for over 300 yards. 328 to be exact.

Too bad it amounted to 6 points. *clap* *clap* *clap*

This dude..... Is nothing. How do you throw for 328 and only get 6 points?

Derek Carr.

L

O

L

Finish swallowing your very bitter Foles-is-a-franchise-type-player (not) pill before you talk about me being wrong about Carr. You think the Raiders are going into this year's draft hoping to pick a QB with their first pick? Carr is a very good QB in a very bad team -- a team worse than I originally thought they were.

Blah blah blah. Stop deflecting.

Your credibility is shot if you can slam Foles even after the season he had last year and this year are better than anything Carr has tossed out there on the field in his NFL career yet you unfailingly defend Carr and apologize for him yet continue to bash Foles. 

Like I said: You're a clown dude. You think you sound like some kind of wannabe scout but you sound like an absolute moron. You throw jargon around because you think it makes you sound like you know what you're talking about and its so far from the truth. leanmeangreenmachine, KzEaglefan86, Greg Garrity and 1 other like this

Last year, Foles' ability to play covered up the deficiencies that the formerly 3-13 Eagles had... Foles is just a better QB though, so it makes perfect sense that Foles could do it and Carrbage couldn't.

I've asked this question before, but I'll ask it for clarity's sake: in your opinion who's the better QB, Nick Foles of Derek Carr? Who would you want starting for your team? This question is mainly for you pterp, though the regular headcases are free to contribute, positively or otherwise.

Foles.

But comparing Carr and Foles isn't why we post in this thread.

And I'm pretty sure I've answered it before. I'd rather have Foles. Without a doubt.

You'd rather have Bridgewater over Carr? Teddy looks like he could be a good QB, but I think Carr will be better.

He is the reason why we didn't draft a QB(like Carr) in 2014 that Chip could hitch his wagon to. He is the reason Bradford is here. Oh how far we've come, from the days when the mere mention of Foles' name induced a sense of euphoria on this board. I hope this is the last time we get caught up hyping up a QB just by statistics. You've got to have a solid skillset to enjoy sustain success in the NFL.

You are unwilling to throw your friends under the bus is what's up or accept your guilt by association.  This thread was a Carr bashing thread making fun of how bad he looked and played as a rookie.  That SOME of you were just poking at rstarter for going overboard doesn't change that MOST of the haters in this thread became big time Carr bashers and now ALL of you will have to EAT CROW TOGETHER while rstarter runs victory laps in what you yourselves have described THE MOST EPIC THREAD IN ATNFL HISTORY.

Watch the small bones, we wouldn't like ya'll to choke now. :roll:

You and the AlphaWabbit are trying too hard to pigeon hole the fun of the thread.  Different people might be poking fun for different reasons. Some may not really mean it, some may.  But it's all just fun.  rstarter has been a really good sport, and has been loyal to his man Carr.  Part of it are the ridiculous ways he's defended or excused his play.  He posts gifs of incomplete passes to prove his point.  He posts college youtube highlights to prove why he's a good NFL QB.  He moves the goal post, he hypes up his good games and in his bad games says he needs time to review the film and blames his WRs or his footwork.  It's too funny.

None of this would have happened without rstarter spamming TATE for a year.  Threads about the Eagles offense and Foles he'd constantly bring up Carr.  He hyped up Carr pre-draft in an unusual fashion.  

If someone started a thread to talk about the development of Teddy Bridgewater or Blake Bortles it would go a few pages and die out.  No one cares THAT MUCH about a player on another team.  It's quite a spectacle.

Why don't you talk about the 40-yards-in-the-air TD to Holmes? Or the gorgeous fade Carr threw to him?

At least you admit that there is some luck involved in QB stats. That is an improvement. 

You and the AlphaWabbit are trying too hard to pigeon hole the fun of the thread.  Different people might be poking fun for different reasons. Some may not really mean it, some may.  But it's all just fun.  rstarter has been a really good sport, and has been loyal to his man Carr.  Part of it are the ridiculous ways he's defended or excused his play.  He posts gifs of incomplete passes to prove his point.  He posts college youtube highlights to prove why he's a good NFL QB.  He moves the goal post, he hypes up his good games and in his bad games says he needs time to review the film and blames his WRs or his footwork.  It's too funny.

None of this would have happened without rstarter spamming TATE for a year.  Threads about the Eagles offense and Foles he'd constantly bring up Carr.  He hyped up Carr pre-draft in an unusual fashion.  

If someone started a thread to talk about the development of Teddy Bridgewater or Blake Bortles it would go a few pages and die out.  No one cares THAT MUCH about a player on another team.  It's quite a spectacle.

The fact that it's "all in fun" is what makes it even more pathetic that you can't admit to being wrong. Give the dude his props already and stop being a little sour b***h.

This thread is just pure entertainment. Kudos to rstarter for taking it all in stride last year and dishing it back out now that the tables have turned. A good dose of humility was needed for some of the critics.

This thread is just pure entertainment. Kudos to rstarter for taking it all in stride last year and dishing it back it now that the tables have turned. A good dose of humility was needed for some of the critics.

Tables turned? No tables have turned. Foles >>>>> Carrbage

The fact that it's "all in fun" is what makes it even more pathetic that you can't admit to being wrong. Give the dude his props already and stop being a little sour b***h.

I'm not wrong about anything.  I always said Carr was a good prospect and should develop into a decent NFL QB but like with any young QB you don't know til you see it over multiple seasons.  I've re-posted those comments from the beginning. Myself and several others have been here praising Carr when he does have a good game.   

The fun part is just poking fun at a kid who worships a guy from another team for some strange reason.  I mean, if it were Aaron Rodgers himself or JJ Watt or some other top NFL player it would at least be more understandable.  rstarter is a freak and this is his freak show.

Alpha, most of these guys are doing the same thing but you're coming after me so let me be the Omega and tell you to shut the F up and find something else to do.