rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Regardless of Carr's success of failure it doesn't change that rstarter has no idea what he's looking at on film. He is just clinging to this undeveloped QB with flaws and claiming he has no flaws.

He's an idiot making ridiculous claims based on why he calls the "eye test" and when you prove him wrong he deflects and ignores. Carr's career is not intertwined with rstarter's football knowledge.

If it was poor Derek Carr would be doomed. Bottom like is rstarter is just way off base and grasping at straws. Carr could be a decent QB but he has things to work out. He's not shown much of anything that looks special so far. Matt McGloin has shown more in my opinion.

Just remember Jamarcus Russel had all the tools as did Ponder, Quinn, Weeden, etc.

You have to put it together and have the intangibles too. Rstarter wouldn't know anythig about all that. He is just a Foles hater that clinger to the next thing that came along. Even if it came for another team.

Regardless of Carr's success of failure it doesn't change that rstarter has no idea what he's looking at on film. He is just clinging to this undeveloped QB with flaws and claiming he has no flaws.

He's an idiot making ridiculous claims based on why he calls the "eye test" and when you prove him wrong he deflects and ignores. Carr's career is not intertwined with rstarter's football knowledge.

If it was poor Derek Carr would be doomed. Bottom like is rstarter is just way off base and grasping at straws. Carr could be a decent QB but he has things to work out. He's not shown much of anything that looks special so far. Matt McGloin has shown more in my opinion.

Just remember Jamarcus Russel had all the tools as did Ponder, Quinn, Weeden, etc.

You have to put it together and have the intangibles too. Rstarter wouldn't know anythig about all that. He is just a Foles hater that clinger to the next thing that came along. Even if it came for another team.

I'm still of the opinion that Derek Carr blows. Being 0-2 with two miserable performances, I pray that he never be a starter for my team.

Carr looked like the average rookie QB coming out of college that's been forced into a game due to injury and is being protected by his coach. His primary reads are bubble screens, go routes, and comebacks.

The real indictment of Carr's disappointing play yesterday was that he actually had good protection throughout the day. Watt had one or two moments but Carr, for the most part, didn't have to move much in the pocket and the running game was productive early on which kept Houston honest. Not good from Carr at all. He missed easy throws all day and the commentators were all over it.

When you hear the broadcast guys saying, "The Raiders need to just get a drive together and end the game with their QB's confidence up", you know it's been a rough day.

It's funny but also kind of sad:  Carr is a decent QB prospect that has good skills but like most rookies needs time.  There's a reason many rookie QBs don't start.

If it were not for rstarter, no one would even be paying attention to Carr. 

Oh he is serious, he just doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. There are no less than 20 QBs in the NFL right now that have just as good if not better arms than Carr. Two of them play for the Jets.

rtarder is trying to act like Derek Carr has an Elway/Marino/George/Bledsoe/Vick type arm but he doesn't. Carr doesn't even have the best arm in his own draft class! Bortles, Garropolo, Mettenberger and Thomas all have better arms than Derek Carr.

Now that isn't to say Carr is devoid of talent, he definitely has a very good arm and could one day be a great QB, but odds are he turns out to be average or a bust.

Tables turned? No tables have turned. Foles >>>>> Carrbage

Maybe, maybe not, though that prediction isn't looking so good right now. Carr seems to be turning the corner while Foles is barely buoyant. 8 more games to go though.

Maybe, maybe not, though that prediction isn't looking so good right now. Carr seems to be turning the corner while Foles is barely buoyant. 8 more games to go though.

Foles is so great at the position that he turned a two bit RB into the Rookie of the Year.

As for predictions, well,

Aaron Rodgers

and

The greatest QB ever produced by the NFL draft

No other predictions matter.

This thread is just pure entertainment. Kudos to rstarter for taking it all in stride last year and dishing it back out now that the tables have turned. A good dose of humility was needed for some of the critics.

The point of us joking about Carr's struggles last season was due to the fact that rstarter had literally (and repeatedly) made ridiculous claims about a rookie QB (ROTY lock, already better arm than Rodgers, already on Andrew Luck's level etc). That, plus the fact that whenever anyone made the slightest criticism of Carr he would somehow tie that into how terrible Nick Foles is as a QB, as if somehow criticizing Foles made up for Carr's shortcomings.

You can even see in some of the posts he quoted above, most of the posters said something to the effect of 'Carr could be a good QB, but at this point rstarters claims are way overboard'.

Foles is so great at the position that he turned a two bit RB into the Rookie of the Year.

As for predictions, well,

Aaron Rodgers

and

The greatest QB ever produced by the NFL draft

No other predictions matter.

I doubt the irony will be caught by the masses, that Foles is on his way to posting worse numbers than Carr did during his rookie year, yet he is having a "good" year so far according to the same supporters of Foles.

Lol.

This season is a fluke by Carr going by rstarter's standards. So what the raiders should do is try to trade him for two first round draft picks.

That was what you wanted to trade foles for right? Right after his season in 2013?

Lol.

This season is a fluke by Carr going by rstarter's standards. So what the raiders should do is try to trade him for two first round draft picks.

That was what you wanted to trade foles for right? Right after his season in 2013?

Why is Carr enjoying the production he has?

Why did Foles enjoy the production he had? Was it because of elite arm talent; or was it due to his superior mental abilities. Or was it because he's athletic (you know, because he played basketball??? :roll: )

Plus, take away that one fluky season and he's been awefully consistent with his completion % and TD/INT ratio.

Greg, I can't speak for anyone else here, but it will bring me great pleasure when I christen you with a new handle name at the end of the season. Things can change between now and then for sure, but tell you what you'll have a tough time being taken seriously with the handle you'll have to carry.

Why is Carr enjoying the production he has?

Because his skill players are taking wr screens 50 yards for Tds.

Why did Foles enjoy the production he had?

Because he played well.

Plus, take away that one fluky season and he's been awefully consistent with his completion % and TD/INT ratio.

Take away this season and Carr is the same. What's the problem? Shouldn't Carr be worth the same picks you thought foles was? These are simply the same rtarted standards you put to foles after/during his 2013 season that you hate so much.

Greg, I can't speak for anyone else here, but it will bring me great pleasure when I christen you with a new handle name at the end of the season. Things can change between now and then for sure, but tell you what you'll have a tough time being taken seriously with the handle you'll have to carry.

Remember when you agreed to the bet? Because I sure don't. Or do you want me to actually get the ENTIRE post instead of what you wanted to agree to and cut out the rest?

Oh no. I want a piece of this action. But I'm gonna hold rstarter to the (rtarded) beliefs he held when this dude was drafted.

I'll take whatever avatar you want, and you'll do the same from me.

Derek Carr has to finish the season with.....

1) better than a 2-1 td -int ratio 
2) a top 10 ypa 
3) while playing the majority of 9 or more games
4) and he "leads the team" to 7 wins or more.

If he gets injured, all bets are off.

And when I say "leads the team" I mean, he needs to be the driving force to the teams victory. That means if he plays like ****, but has the game-winning drive, he gets credit for it. If he performs like Carrbage and his team wins 13-10 and the only td they get is off a turnover, he gets no credit for it.

Shouldn't be that hard for "Arod but better". Why not? These weren't even HALF of the ridiculous standards you held Nick Foles to. You're getting off lightly.

The point of us joking about Carr's struggles last season was due to the fact that rstarter had literally (and repeatedly) made ridiculous claims about a rookie QB (ROTY lock, already better arm than Rodgers, already on Andrew Luck's level etc). That, plus the fact that whenever anyone made the slightest criticism of Carr he would somehow tie that into how terrible Nick Foles is as a QB, as if somehow criticizing Foles made up for Carr's shortcomings.

You can even see in some of the posts he quoted above, most of the posters said something to the effect of 'Carr could be a good QB, but at this point rstarters claims are way overboard'.

What I think happened is that rstarter's confrontational demeanor and krass tone made some posters anxious to see Carr play poorly. Especially so if they took offense to the stuff he said about Foles. That made them want to believe that Carr wasn't a good QB and thus induced them into making some critical statements that are looking to be pretty false thus far.

Now I get that some of that can be explained away because they were trying to get a rise out of rstarter but that doesn't make those statements any less incorrect. Trolling the guy who's trolling you carries the risk of it backfiring if the comments turn out to be wrong.

And I only chose to weigh in because he quoted an exchange I had over the summer where I was repeatedly told that Carr was worse than Bridgewater because all his stats were amassed in "Carrbage" time. By several posters mind you, not just one or two.

This is hilarious. Carr hasn't done a damn thing worthy of excitement. I am merely holding him to the rstarter-Foles standard. The standard that.....

- if the receiver is wide open, it's a fluke and shouldn't count.

- if it's a screen pass, it's a fluke and it doesn't count.

- if the qb is in a "qb-friendly system", it doesn't count.

- if the pass has air under it (like the td pass Carr threw to Holmes) it's not good enough and shouldn't count.

What's wrong? These are your rtarded standards. Not mine.

L

O

L

Lol.

Total fluke. The guy only averages only a little over 4 yards per pass in the air.

Just call him Checkdown Carrbage...

Carr is basically your poor mans Alex Smith. Captain check down and 5-10 yd completions with a bit of screen game sprinkled in... As long as he doesnt pump fake to the opposing numbers or to his G...

Luckily for him he has Crabtree and Cooper to help him due to his lack of arm talentz doe.

The funny thing is, their defense is improving and Carr has the best WR from the draft so he's out of excuses.

How about if Carr's season stats are equivalent to Foles career averages? Rating, average per pass, INT percentage, yards per game, etc

mj-laughing.gif

He is the next Rodgers. Come what may I'll rest my online reputation on that statement. Incredibly smart, can make all the throws, athletic, doesn't make too many mistakes. Dude's a baller.

Would I take Derek Carr over Rodgers? Right now no, but who knows in a few years. But that doesn't negate what he brings to the table as far as a skill set is concerned. As a college QB, his passing ability was so far ahead of his contemporaries. Even as a college QB his arm strength would've put him in the top 5 in the NFL.

3600 yards. 20 tds. 16 picks. 6.0 ish ypa.

5 - 6 wins

Best case scenario.

This is hilarious. Carr hasn't done a damn thing worthy of excitement. I am merely holding him to the rstarter-Foles standard. The standard that.....

- if the receiver is wide open, it's a fluke and shouldn't count.

- if it's a screen pass, it's a fluke and it doesn't count.

- if the qb is in a "qb-friendly system", it doesn't count.

- if the pass has air under it (like the td pass Carr threw to Holmes) it's not good enough and shouldn't count.

What's wrong? These are your rtarded standards. Not mine.

L

O

L

Does Foles have a better arm than Carr? Is he smarter with his decision making? Is he more accurate? Is he more athletic? Can he make all the NFL throws? If the answer to all the questions is no, then why are we even engaging in this discussion.

Here's a shovel. Keep digging.

Is that the shovel you're digging with? :lol:

I know I'm right. I'm at peace with my opinion.

So you stand by the assertion that Carrbage is the greatest QB ever produced by the NFL draft and is better than Rodgers?

Is that why you consistently show up after Carr has good games?  Because any week that he has a bad game you're just too busy being at peace with your own opinion that you're right anyways?

I like to refer to that as egotistical mast er bation

Oh no. I want a piece of this action. But I'm gonna hold rstarter to the (rtarded) beliefs he held when this dude was drafted.

1) better than a 2-1 td -int ratio 

2) a top 10 ypa 

3) while playing the majority of 9 or more games

4) and he "leads the team" to 7 wins or more.

And when I say "leads the team" I mean, he needs to be the driving force to the teams victory. That means if he plays like ****, but has the game-winning drive, he gets credit for it. If he performs like Carrbage and his team wins 13-10 and the only td they get is off a turnover, he gets no credit for it.

Shouldn't be that hard for "Arod but better". Why not? These weren't even HALF of the ridiculous standards you held Nick Foles to. You're getting off lightly.

Here's the rest that you keep ignoring....

Marinomanx013, on 18 Aug 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

I know you explained #4, but you really need objective rules there. Or else either party could find a way to argue the stats in their favor... even if it's as simple as saying "OAK's score minus OAK's non-offensive pts must be greater than their opponent's score".

Hmmm....

That sounds like a good description.

Well I know what I'm NOT looking for is.....

- Qb throws for over 350 yards and leads team to a comeback victory but has a few turnovers.

- qb leads team to a go ahead score but defense allows a game winning score.

- qb throws for over 400 yds and 2 Tds but defense allows over 40 points in a loss.

- qb leading team to ANY victory over a team with sub .500 record.

- qb hsving an insanely good game vs a bad team. Like 7td passes in a game or something.

- qb completing td passes to wide open receivers

Does Foles have a better arm than Carr? Is he smarter with his decision making? Is he more accurate? Is he more athletic? Can he make all the NFL throws?

Does Carr throws long passes with too much air under them? Does he throw a bunch of screen passes? Does he complete passes to wide open receivers? Has he performed well vs all the top defenses? "If the answer to these questions are no, then why are we having this discussion?"

Here's a shovel. Keep digging.

I don't need two shovels since I dug your grave over a year and a half ago.

Does Carr throws long passes with too much air under them? Does he throw a bunch of screen passes? Does he complete passes to wide open receivers? 

That is exactly the point? He can do anything Foles' can, plus he can make throws like this:

FrLkB4V.gif

If he puts "too much air" under a throw, it's by design. It's not because of a limitation in his game. Just go to sleep I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

1) better than a 2-1 td -int ratio (15/3 so.... :smoke: )

2) a top 10 ypa (Still have some games remaining, but check).

3) while playing the majority of 9 or more games (Almost there...check)

4) and he "leads the team" to 7 wins or more. (Almost there)

And when I say "leads the team" I mean, he needs to be the driving force to the teams victory( :smoke: ). That means if he plays like ****, but has the game-winning drive, he gets credit for it. If he performs like Carrbage and his team wins 13-10 and the only td they get is off a turnover, he gets no credit for it.

You're still game???

Absolutely. Because by my count (and your retarded standards) he's "lead" the raiders to 1 victory. Yes. The raiders have won 4 games. But one of your problems with foles was how he performed against good defenses. Well so far, Carr has faced only two. Everybody else has been a bottom feeder.

jimmy-halsman-laughing.gif?w=600