rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

See, rstarter, you can try to play the quote game and the gif game with everybody else but you know better. You KNOW my real beef is that you THINK you can evaluate qbs and project how they will perform in the next level. And you throw out pretty terms like "arm talent" and "velocity" and "reading defenses" like you know ****.

But we know, you know PRECIOUS LITTLE about evaluating qbs. It's incredibly apparent almost everytime you try (and laughingly fail) to go in depth to explain what you see and come to conclusions.

From your "Connor cook doesn't have hitch in his release"

To "if your receiver is short, you should throw your passes flat"

To "Nick Marshall is a 2nd round qb talent"

To "you don't need good footwork to throw"

To "watch how Carr changes the play by yelling 'check'"

And on and on and on. You have shown time and time again, that your football knowledge is laughably poor. So go on and deflect by bringing up foles and talking about how hard a pass Carr throws and how Carr was a better prospect than Arod. We know you don't have A MOTHERFING CLUE.

See, rstarter, you can try to play the quote game and the gif game with everybody else but you know better. You KNOW my real beef is that you THINK you can evaluate qbs and project how they will perform in the next level. And you throw out pretty terms like "arm talent" and "velocity" and "reading defenses" like you know ****.

But we know, you know PRECIOUS LITTLE about evaluating qbs. It's incredibly apparent almost everytime you try (and laughingly fail) to go in depth to explain what you see and come to conclusions.

From your "Connor cook doesn't have hitch in his release"

To "if your receiver is short, you should throw your passes flat" My characteristics for a good arm/arm talent are well documented on this site.

To "Nick Marshall is a 2nd round qb talent." Proclamation was made when Auburn was doing well at the beginning of the season. What can I say, dude had a strong arm.

To "you don't need good footwork to throw". Carr had absolutely **** footwork as a Fresno State QB. Didn't stop him though from throwing for 5K yards and 50+ TDs. Since coming to the league you can see an improvement in his footwork. Long story short: footwork is very correctable. Correcting mediocre arm talent, OTOH, is an entirely different beast of a problem.

To "watch how Carr changes the play by yelling 'check'" (:Yawn:)

And on and on and on. You have shown time and time again, that your football knowledge is laughably poor. So go on and deflect by bringing up foles and talking about how hard a pass Carr throws and how Carr was a better prospect than Arod. We know you don't have A MOTHERFING CLUE.

Connor Cook has an incredibly quick release. Quick exercise for you do a google check and list for me how many hits come up that mention "Cook" and "slow release" or "hitch" in the same document. Next, compare the # of hits that come back with "Cook" and "quick release" in the same text. Take it in, sleep on it and provide your answer tomorrow. Good night.

He has a hitch in his release. He drops the ball below his hip and then brings it all the way back up behind his shoulder on every pass he throws from the pocket that's more than 3 yards. It's a hitch. Notice, I didn't say he has a slow release. Ive never said he has a slow release. I've said he has a hitch in his release.

Carr had absolutely ****ty footwork as a Fresno State QB.

Actually you had no idea his footwork was bad. All you cared about was his "arm strength". And his footwork is still atrocious.

Didn't stop him though from throwing for 5K yards and 50+ TDs.

Vs the mountain west (shall we review the game vs USC again?) and by throwing a million bubble screens.

if your receiver is short, you should throw your passes flat" My characteristics for a good arm/arm talent are......

Uh no. What I just quoted was your brilliant thoughts of why a qb should not throw a long pass with air and should throw it as flat as possible as some rtarded justification as to why you don't think nick foles had a "water pistol arm". I'm not gonna look it up but I believe your post went.......

"When you have a receiver like desean Jackson and he's running for a deep route and he's going up against a cb 6'0 or taller, you should throw a pass as flat as possible so it's not deflected. You don't want it to have a lot of air and drop in".

L

O

L

Proclamation was made when Auburn was doing well at the beginning of the season. What can I say, dude had a strong arm.

First of all, at no point during any season should nick Marshall have gotten consideration for a 2nd round draft pick at qb. This was pretty obvious from jump. And let's not forget how you tried to say nick Marshall was like cam newton and you couldn't understand why if cam was taken #1 overall, why nick Marshall couldn't go in at least the 4th round as a qb.

And the "dude had a strong arm" is probably reason number 4081 why you don't know D. Who gives a F if you have a "strong arm" in the pros? Everybody does. The difference is the varying degrees of strength on that curve. Everybody can throw the ball 65 yards. I know you thought foles didn't and couldn't but after we showed you he could and did, you changed your tune to "oh! Well foles still doesn't have elite arm talent!"

It's just your BS because you hate foles and most importantly, because you don't know what makes a qb good/bad/strong arm/smart/footwork/audible etc. you just say **** and try to sound like some kind of scout. You probably heard something Mel Kiper said on tv and tried to add it to your vocabulary and come on the EMB and sound smart.

But you usually use whatever phrase incorrectly and sound really stupid. because you don't know what you're talking about.

He has a hitch in his release. He drops the ball below his hip and then brings it all the way back up behind his shoulder on every pass he throws from the pocket that's more than 3 yards. It's a hitch. Notice, I didn't say he has a slow release. Ive never said he has a slow release. I've said he has a hitch in his release.

Actually you had no idea his footwork was bad. All you cared about was his "arm strength". And his footwork is still atrocious.

Vs the mountain west (shall we review the game vs USC again?) and by throwing a million bubble screens.

Uh no. What I just quoted was your brilliant thoughts of why a qb should not throw a long pass with air and should throw it as flat as possible as some rtarded justification as to why you don't think nick foles had a "water pistol arm". I'm not gonna look it up but I believe your post went.......

"When you have a receiver like desean Jackson and he's running for a deep route and he's going up against a cb 6'0 or taller, you should throw a pass as flat as possible so it's not deflected. You don't want it to have a lot of air and drop in".

L

O

L

First of all, at no point during any season should nick Marshall have gotten consideration for a 2nd round draft pick at qb. This was pretty obvious from jump. And let's not forget how you tried to say nick Marshall was like cam newton and you couldn't understand why if cam was taken #1 overall, why nick Marshall couldn't go in at least the 4th round as a qb.

And the "dude had a strong arm" is probably reason number 4081 why you don't know D. Who gives a F if you have a "strong arm" in the pros? Everybody does. The difference is the varying degrees of strength on that curve. Everybody can throw the ball 65 yards. I know you thought foles didn't and couldn't but after we showed you he could and did, you changed your tune to "oh! Well foles still doesn't have elite arm talent!"

It's just your bull**** because you hate foles and most importantly, because you don't know what makes a qb good/bad/strong arm/smart/footwork/audible etc. you just say **** and try to sound like some kind of scout. You probably heard something Mel Kiper said on tv and tried to add it to your vocabulary and come on the EMB and sound smart.

But you usually use whatever phrase incorrectly and sound really stupid. because you don't know what you're talking about.

TL;DR. Just admit I was right about Carr from the jump. Ask yourself why isn't Foles here anymore? Is it because he's a good to great deep ball thrower? Is it because he's athletic (what with him being a basketball player)? Or maybe because it's because of how well he was diagnosing defenses.

Its kind of pathetic how in love someone is with a qb, especially another teams qb.

Its pretty creepy.

That's what I keep saying.  I've never seen anything like this.  Even all the fans that were desperate for a trade up to draft Mariota, yet since it didn't happen no one barely mentions him.  They just focus on who is actually on the team instead (or former Eagles) not some guy that got drafted to another team.

That's what I keep saying. I've never seen anything like this. Even all the fans that were desperate for a trade up to draft Mariota, yet since it didn't happen no one barely mentions him. They just focus on who is actually on the team instead (or former Eagles) not some guy that got drafted to another team.

I mean ****, Dawk was the reason i follow NFL and the Eagles. I love the guy as a player and a person like most of tate and ive never seen anyone rave about the future hof player like this dude does over a qb.

Well, now that Wisenhunt was fired, TATE is firing up the Mariota talk so go figure.

Alpha, most of these guys are doing the same thing but you're coming after me so let me be the Omega and tell you to shut the F up and find something else to do.

You're one of my favorites to make cry, because you see yourself as the pharaoh of the EMB. 

Does Foles have a better arm than Carr?

Well, Foles averages 2.52 yards per attempt and Carr averages 3.44 yards per attempt. So I guess you win that one... After all, that .92 yards per attempt difference is HUGE!

You're one of my favorites to make cry, because you see yourself as the pharaoh of the EMB. 

Nice screen name change!   :roll:   The Alpha Rabbit, nice tough sounding animal there.  

Not sure what the bolded is supposed to mean but it doesn't matter you're an idiot.

Nice screen name change!   :roll:   The Alpha Rabbit, nice tough sounding animal there.  

Not sure what the bolded is supposed to mean but it doesn't matter you're an idiot.

pharaoh-t9842.jpg

:worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

Well, he won't beat 27-2 so end of thread. Come on now, the raiders have had how many top 10 draft picks over the past decade? 8 if i counted right. Sooner or later they had to start winning a few games. Top WR in the draft, some nice defensive players the past few years yet are still just 4-3. I say they don't make the play-offs. Carr is erratic and not very accurate, Cooper and crabtree have been gold to this guy and both can make bad passes look great.

Well, he won't beat 27-2 so end of thread. Come on now, the raiders have had how many top 10 draft picks over the past decade? 8 if i counted right. Sooner or later they had to start winning a few games. Top WR in the draft, some nice defensive players the past few years yet are still just 4-3. I say they don't make the play-offs. Carr is erratic and not very accurate, Cooper and crabtree have been gold to this guy and both can make bad passes look great.

Ackid38 who's the better QB Foles or Carr? By your comment, I figure you still believe Foles is the better?

Had to toss you a like for the name change.  Well done.