rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

15/3 is cool. But look at the way the man throws, that's all I'm asking.

I don't have to watch your pre selected videos, I watch games, and he leaves me unimpressed more times than he leaves me impressed.

I think Jeff George every time I watch him.

I don't have to watch your pre selected videos, I watch games, and he leaves me unimpressed more times than he leaves me impressed.

I think Jeff George every time I watch him.

Well good for you. Your mindset is exactly why the Eagles are where they are right now. Carr ~ Jeff George. Ok, and Foles, who does he remind you off? Lemme guess: Brady.

Well good for you. Your mindset is exactly why the Eagles are where they are right now. Carr ~ Jeff George

Are you gonna answer my questions or are you gonna try to do what you usually do (change the subject and hope he forgets he asked the questions)?

Are you gonna answer my questions or are you gonna try to do what you usually do (change the subject and hope he forgets he asked the questions)?

FolesMaclinOut.gif

I've said this a million times. Foles does not have the arm to make every NFL throw. To make throws into tight windows you need to throw with velocity, something that he cannot (and hence will not) do.

FolesMaclinOut.gif

I've said this a million times. Foles does not have the arm to make every NFL throw. To make throws into tight windows you need to throw with velocity, something that he cannot (and hence will not) do.

he just completed the very deep out u said he couldn't make in tight coverage...it's in a front of your eyes. wow lol

Funny how his new team mates state differently. Foles being able to make every throw. (Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, Tavon Austin)  with accuracy and touch. But rstarter doesn't care about what is fact, and has been displayed before his very eyes in the gifs posted in this thread. Only what he has convinced himself of, where Foels is concerned.

I'm happy for him that his boy Carr is starting to play well. But there is no need for him to continue to bash Foles  at every turn. Why he even watches him ( disliking him so) can only be so he can continue to criticize him. Apparently that is how he gets his enjoyment.

he just completed the very deep out u said he couldn't make in tight coverage...it's in a front of your eyes. wow lol

His issue is v-e-l-o-c-i-t-y1. His throws have no impressive juice to them. Take a look at this guy:

FF to 2:26. Dude throws a 55 yard deep route for a TD. Kellen Moore. Threw the ball 55 yards in the air. Tell me, does that mean he's got an NFL arm? Can he make all the NFL throws? Or take a gander @ 3:18, the game deciding TD pass he completed to Titus Young that went for 60 yards. Yes, Kellen Moore threw the ball 60 yards in the air. Because this is the thing1 that gets lost when people talk about the ability of a QB to make the entire contingent of NFL throws.

His issue is v-e-l-o-c-i-t-y1. His throws have no impressive juice to them. Take a look at this guy:

FF to 2:26. Dude throws a 55 yard deep route for a TD. Kellen Moore. Threw the ball 55 yards in the air. Tell me, does that mean he's got an NFL arm? Can he make all the NFL throws? Or take a gander @ 3:18, the game deciding TD pass he completed to Titus Young that went for 60 yards. Yes, Kellen Moore threw the ball 60 yards in the air. Because this is the thing1 that gets lost when people talk about the ability of a QB to make the entire contingent of NFL throws.

you just claimed foles couldn't complete a deep out in tight coverage because of velocity. the gif shows foles completing the deep out in tight coverage so obviously there was enough velocity. you know what else the pass had that's even better than velocity? perfect ball placement. see how it hits maclin right on his outside shoulder so the defender has zero chance at making that play? if foles or any qb throws that same pass with any amount of added "velocity" to the inside shoulder its picked or batted down.

FolesMaclinOut.gif

Look at the cushion on that throw. Saying that he threw the ball with velocity, into a tight window, is really a joke.

CarrBShoulder.gif

This fits the bill, as far as throwing with velocity into a tight window is concerned.

folesarm.gif

And from the endzone...... in slow-mo (because you know...... "waaah! the gif is too fast! It's a trick!")

folesarm2.gif

Oh, I also used college because well you know..... I thought that's what we were doing.

Bottom line is a few more mph's on the radar gun doesn't automatically make a qb better like you think it does.

Yep.  If MPH was the measuring stick of QB's, Jay Cutler is the best QB in the NFL, and it is not even close.

Bottom line is a few more mph's on the radar gun doesn't automatically make a qb better like you think it does.

That's a dead end road with rstarter.  We've tried telling him about QBs in college with great arms, and impressive skill sets that go on to become NFL busts (not saying Carr will) and guys that have average arms but are leaders and deliver the ball accurately and run the offense to success.  No one thinks Peyton Manning has the best arm in the NFL.  Aaron Rodgers doesn't even register at the top of a lot of passing categories.  

Look at the cushion on that throw. Saying that he threw the ball with velocity, into a tight window, is really a joke.

1st of all, you're an idiot.

2ndly, you didn't ask about velocity. You said he couldn't complete an out. Which I showed he absolutely could.

3rdly, you continue to think (lol) that velocity has to so much to do with completing anout route, when it has precious little. It has a little to do with it. But that's far down the line.

4thly, Foles OBVIOUSLY shows enough velocity on that pass to complete it. It's not a balloon at all. It's thrown hard, hard enough to complete the pass ON THE FING MONEY.

#5 Unless you're some kind of moron, you throw that pass before the receiver makes his break. Otherwise, it's already too late. The receiver and the qb being in unison are what creates the separation/cushion. The CB actualy had good coverage. But the placement of the throw, the accuracy, the timing, and yes the proper velocity all = that the cb, despite having decent coverage, had NO CHANCE. 

CarrBShoulder.gif

This fits the bill, as far as throwing with velocity into a tight window is concerned.

L

M

A

O

Oh you mean like this?

folesarm3.gif

Oh wait..... the gif is "sped up" so t doesn't count right? lol!

You never know what the hell you're talking about. It's quite sad what happens when you try to go into detail about things concerning qbs and football and throws. It really shows how much of a hard-on you have for Carr and how much you LOATHE Foles.

That's a dead end road with rstarter.  We've tried telling him about QBs in college with great arms, and impressive skill sets that go on to become NFL busts (not saying Carr will) and guys that have average arms but are leaders and deliver the ball accurately and run the offense to success.  No one thinks Peyton Manning has the best arm in the NFL.  Aaron Rodgers doesn't even register at the top of a lot of passing categories.  

With one caveat: if all a QB can do is register throws in the 60s on a radar gun, then it's all for naught, whereas a QB that can alter the trajectory of his passes and make all types of throws with touch, with velocity and with accuracy is worth the hype. Nonetheless, just like the NFL is littered with ex-players who had the physical attributes but none of the mental ones, so too is it littered with players who had the brain for it but none of the physical attributes.

We've got to stop with this tip of equating a physical lack of something (arm, athleticism) with an abundance in another area (brains, smarts, "poise" (whatever the F that is)). Because really, what does Foles do well, if not throw with good velocity? Carr, to his credit, came out of college having a very good understanding of the game from a pro-style and no-huddle point of view, was athletic, had a prodigiously gifted arm, just to name a few things.

I like how you don't know what the F poise is.

Then again, what should I expect from a guy who thinks yelling "CHECK!" is changing the play.

There'll come a time when I'll ask you whether we would've been better off trading Foles for a 1/2 and drafting Carr -- a QB that is just as smart, more athletic and more than capable of making any throw the offense will need him to throw. 

650toldyou.jpg

Who's the better QB Nick Foles or Derek Carr?

So you think Derek Carr who is about to play his first NFL game is better than Nick Foles?

It's rhetorical, I know you do. You're a moron. Let me guess, Christian Hackenberg is your next obsession? 

Nick Foles.

Which is better, winning $100 on a scratch-off or being kicked in the nuts?

http://birdbreakdown.com/2014/03/03/qb-velocity-rankings-nick-foles-has-an-objectively-strong-arm/ According to this article, Nick Foles ranks fairly high amongst who we consider elite Quarterbacks. Now I understand Derek Carr is not up there. I live in the Fresno area rstarter and know a lot more about Derek Carr than you do. Comparing him to Nick Foles, I think Nick Foles looks a lot better. He has great pocket awareness, stands tall, and delivers a great ball on most of his throws. He also reads coverages and blitzes quite well and deceives the defenses with his eyes a lot, he is rarely ever a one read guy. His arm strength isn't, let say elite status, but he does have good arm strength, better than Brees and Manning at this point in their careers and look what they do with less arm strength. So your argument about arm strength is slightly invalid. Derek Carr has good arm strength as well, but not elite, I don't know where you get that from? In college he struggles against blitzes at times and at points he was a one read guy, mainly because of the offense. Carr isn't some super elite athlete either I mean you make it sound like he has the athleticism of Russell Wilson, when in fact it's more like big Ben. I will agree with you though, that I think Carr could have thrived in this type of offense because it is very similar to certain Fresno State schemes, with the screens, TE routes, and shotgun sets, but Foles can really succeed in this offense as well, did you ever actually watch Foles at Arizona? Point is not to dismiss Derek Carr, as I hope he has a good career being from the area, and I think he may be a good QB in a few years, but the way you dismiss Foles is incredibly bias in comparison to your worship of Carr.

at this point how is Carr even a thought to being better then Foles since he has yet to play in a REAL Game in NFL ? Foles record setting year alone should be proof enough . Seriously though go join the Raiders forums

You aren't wrong for like Carr. You aren't even wrong for liking his potential more than Aaron Rodgers.

You are wrong for saying a team on the rise who has a promising young QB, like the Eagles do, should give up on their progress and good young QB in order to draft an unknown commodity. You are also wrong for saying that a college Carr is better than a pro Aaron Rodgers and a pro Nick Foles. Both of those things shine a huge light on your insane hate and logic.