rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

"Look at the cushion" Well no ish, you don't throw the deep out if the CB is breathing down on the receiver with his eyes to the QB.

rstarter in this thread:

It's been my pleasure to be your Subotai, sir.

P>S>  That's Greg garrity at the end with the spike through his chest.

142 pages of ownage and counting. I've been on this board for 10 years and never seen anything so humiliating.

dawkins4prez and AlphaRabbit all up in this thread like:

CBS EARLY

09-CBS-E.png

If you're living in the red then CONGRATULATIONS. I'll be sure to catch the first qtr and some.

Are you guys serious? James Jones is your best receiving threat, and you want to talk about Carr having weapons? I still stand by what I said about wanting Carr on this team. To understand why, all you need to do is look at who we're fielding at the position. For all the talk about how great Foles is, I'm yet to have someone truly explain to me what it is exactly that makes him so great. This kid is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers. Were the draft to be held today, they'd be in pole position for the #1 pick. If they can pick an Amari Cooper type receiver, and maybe DGB in the second, it's game over in the AFCW. DC's still my type of QB, 0-6 record notwithstanding. Just imagine though, if the Raiders are 0-6 right now with Carr having a 8/5 statline and fewer overall turnovers, I can't imagine they'd be better with Foles' 10/8 and his league-leading turnover rate.

That's some good **** you are smoking.  A couple guys are going to catapult carr and the Raiders past Manning playing better then he ever has and Denver.

SMH  :nonono: 

dawkins4prez and AlphaRabbit all up in this thread like:

You and your cronies in this thread as you're proven more wrong every week (especially Greg Garrity):

Rstarter, why are you quoting people like you understand what they're saying about football?

Pendulum swings both ways my friend. Indulge me again, if you had to draft a franchise QB who would you draft between Carr and Foles?

:pizza:

142 pages of ownage and counting.  I've been on this board for 10 years and never seen anything so humiliating.

And you still don't get it.  10 years and I've never seen a fan be this obsessed with a player not on their team.  If rstarter didn't spam the board so much about Carr previously, there'd be nothing to mock.  Most of us have repeatedly said Carr is a good QB prospect and continue to note his good performances.  If not for rstarter, Carr would be like Bridgewater, Dalton, Tannenhill or other QBs around the league that don't get talked about except brief mentions here and there.

This has been a spectacle to mock the Carr lover, egg him on, and yes some have posted that they think Carr stinks and will go nowhere.  Individuals have their different opinions about Carr the QB, but everyone loves poking fun at rstarter the obsessed.

People like yourself have popped in from time to time and said "you know Carr is a good young QB right, why are you mocking him?"  And we've repeatedly said don't worry, we know it's just entertainment poking fun at rstarter.

So there's no "ownage" of anyone, it's all just fun.  rstarter has also been a great sport.

And you still don't get it.  10 years and I've never seen a fan be this obsessed with a player not on their team.  If rstarter didn't spam the board so much about Carr previously, there'd be nothing to mock.  Most of us have repeatedly said Carr is a good QB prospect and continue to note his good performances.  If not for rstarter, Carr would be like Bridgewater, Dalton, Tannenhill or other QBs around the league that don't get talked about except brief mentions here and there.

This has been a spectacle to mock the Carr lover, egg him on, and yes some have posted that they think Carr stinks and will go nowhere.  Individuals have their different opinions about Carr the QB, but everyone loves poking fun at rstarter the obsessed.

People like yourself have popped in from time to time and said "you know Carr is a good young QB right, why are you mocking him?"  And we've repeatedly said don't worry, we know it's just entertainment poking fun at rstarter.

So there's no "ownage" of anyone, it's all just fun.  rstarter has also been a great sport.

Define most.

Define most.

Estimated.  A lot, many, plenty, more than you suggest. 

The thing is, you spend more energy on Carr than on anyone on your own team and it's just F'ing weird.

Derek Carr is garbage. Starter can be as selective as he wants with his GIFs but people have Sunday Ticket and Red Zone Channel and we can all see all the throws.

Carr looks average at best. Just an ordinary rookie QB. Maybe he'll grow, maybe not. Regardless, there is no evidence to back up the claim by restarter that Carr will be great or that he is already better than Foles.

I honestly can believe this argument is still going on.

How do they not draft Mariota?

Foles is still better than Carr, broken collarbone and all.

Hey guys. So, came home to find out that OAK lost by 18 points. Dude's still my QB though; he's smart, doesn't make too many bad decisions. Just wait until the talent on the offense improves, he's going to prove a lot of people wrong. As far as his 27/56 stat line, I hope he can improve on it moving forward. Say what you will about Carr, he's a guy I wish was playing for my team right about now.

He attempted 56 passes? WTF.... how do you not complete 30 passes when you attempt 56?

Cause Carrbage blows

Derek Carr is what you call a perma-rookie. He looks exactly the same from week 1 to now. No improvement whatsoever.

Please.

Carr is by far the worst starting qb ib the entire NFL, and just like his failed brother(who was FAR more talented), will NEVER improve.

It's far more than his abysmal stats that make him the worst, it's the fact that he has decreased the out-put of EVERY other player on the team.

He has horendous football instincts, atrocious decision making skills, absolutely zero accuracy and worse, he even KNOWS it. That's why he tries to go down field so seldom. He knows himself without a 1/4 of the field wide open with ONLY his reciever in it, he just does NOT have the accuracy to make that throw.

The guys NFL career ends before his rookie contract is up. He blows.

He won't. Carr sucks. I'm sorry that we're the ones who have to break it to you.

He has personally destroyed the output of an entire team of actual NFL players.

He will personally destroy the careers of any poor college SOB who has the misfortune of having it count on Carr being able to play QB in the NFL, because he's demonstrated he is completely incapable of doing that.

NOTHING in his game translates to the NFL.

Hell, even every coach in upper level collegiate play recognised he didn't have the talent to play at THAT level.

There was a very good reason he came from a no talent level of college play, despite having a high profile brother. People who actually evaluate talent for a living(unlike you), have been running away from this guy for 5 fricken years.

That's the reason he ended up on the team that has the worst draft record in recent times. He needed a team with lousy talent scouts to even SNIFF a draft pick.

MR-CYNGreg Garrity and Bored like this

To the last poster: you're absolutely right.

Where are all of those quotes coming from? NOTW said everyone in this thread loves Carr and always has.

It's a shame he just doesn't get the point of this thread. 

Where are all of those quotes coming from? NOTW said everyone in this thread loves Carr and always has.

It's a shame he just doesn't get the point of this thread. 

Here's the deal with NOTW and MMax: these guys might've said a few slick things here and there, but they were much more leveled about the criticism of Carr. However, for all those posters like Greg who mistook their rudimentary understanding of the QB position for something grander, this here is all for you. Don't forget, also, that there's an avatar change coming up for Bored and GG, and like a DJ I'll soon be taking requests.

I know I am.

Did dereck not have to come out of "where-in-the-hell-is-that U", despite having noteriety shown on him by his far more talented older brother? No attraction from a top tier team, at all.

Did pro teams pass on him coming out? Yup. Every single one. Multiple times in fact.

Is Dereck having a nice fluke sophmore season? Yes. Yes he is. Nowhere near the sophmore year that scrub foles had, but nice.

Since you love comparing the two scrubs, pit dereck's soph year against foles. Or dereck's 1st year with oak against foles in the rams.

Nice sophmore runs don't mean squat, remember? You maintain they're "flukes", remember?

You are an amusing little puppet to dance around though.

I know I am.

Did dereck not have to come out of "where-in-the-hell-is-that U", despite having noteriety shown on him by his far more talented older brother? No attraction from a top tier team, at all.

Did pro teams pass on him coming out? Yup. Every single one. Multiple times in fact.

Is Dereck having a nice fluke sophmore season? Yes. Yes he is. Nowhere near the sophmore year that scrub foles had, but nice.

Since you love comparing the two scrubs, pit dereck's soph year against foles. Or dereck's 1st year with oak against foles in the rams.

Nice sophmore runs don't mean squat, remember? You maintain they're "flukes", remember?

You are an amusing little puppet to dance around though.

You're asking the wrong questions. You're concentrating on the "what", and I'm interested in the "why". Why is Carr producing the way he has? This is his second season playing, and all indications point to him having (another) season of low turnovers, but with increased production as far as TDs are concerned. The stats are good and all, but why is this happening? Does he possess something that points to future production?

Attributes beget results, and not the other way round. Trent Dilfer won a SB, which is the ultimate result a QB can achieve. Did that elevate him into the level of elite QBs? Also, if you'd like to extrapolate Foles' production for the season I'd be interested in the results. Compare them to Carr's first season like you suggested, and then get back to me.

Pendulum swings both ways my friend. Indulge me again, if you had to draft a franchise QB who would you draft between Carr and Foles?

If I had to draft a franchise qb, why would I draft Carr or foles?

Damn..... You don't even know how to ask questions correctly.

You're asking the wrong questions. You're concentrating on the "what", and I'm interested in the "why". Why is Carr producing the way he has? This is his second season playing, and all indications point to him having (another) season of low turnovers, but with increased production as far as TDs are concerned. The stats are good and all, but why is this happening? Does he possess something that points to future production?

Actually, you're asking the wrong question. You're asking "what does he possess?" as if that shows "why is this happening?"

The question is "what is he showing?" that supports "what this is happening?". "What does he possess?" Is the wrong question because as I've told you many times, once you reach the NFL, most qbs can make "all the throws". Otherwise, they wouldn't have been drafted on the top 3 rounds.

"What does he possess?"? Who cares? It's nothing nobody hasn't seen time after time with qb after qb. You think Carr has some magical attribute set. He really doesn't. You think he can make throws foles can't. As I've shown you time and time again, foles can make (and most importantly, COMPLETE) all the throws.

You haven't even watched his games. You've watched highlights. I've seen too much of Carr and I'm telling you, NOTHING HAS CHANGED. He's the same guy from college. He throws a billion wr screens and dump-offs. The only thing that's different is the raiders now have guys who take 3 yard completions and make them 7 or 8, 10 and make them 17, 12 and make them 25.

"What does he possess?" That's like saying "he's got great potential". And those are dirty words in a "show me!" Sport like football.

Trent Dilfer won a SB, which is the ultimate result a QB can achieve

Sb victories are won by teams. Not by qbs. How do you not know this?