rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

quotes

Your quote from the above is the key part:

Dude's still my QB though

Then go be a Raiders fan already.  

There are great players on other teams.  Aaron Rodgers isn't "my QB" and JJ Watt isn't "my DE."  

To obsess over a player on another team is abnormal.

Look at the cushion on that throw. Saying that he threw the ball with velocity, into a tight window, is really a joke.

CarrBShoulder.gif

This fits the bill, as far as throwing with velocity into a tight window is concerned.

LOL is that gif 1.5x or 2x normal speed?

SMH  :nonono: 

Huh?? Last I checked Denver is 7-0, 3 games up on the Raiders. So tell me how Carr and Cooper have catapulted the Raiders past Denver?

You're asking the wrong questions. You're concentrating on the "what", and I'm interested in the "why". Why is Carr producing the way he has? This is his second season playing, and all indications point to him having (another) season of low turnovers, but with increased production as far as TDs are concerned. The stats are good and all, but why is this happening? Does he possess something that points to future production?

OK, let's look at the two soph seasons, since comparing 2014 carr to 2015 foles is just so embarrassing for Carr.

They both have a fluke sophmore season, above and beyond their abilities. Both have shoddy footwork(carr's far worse), foles can read a defense a little, carr not at all. Foles was willing and able to deliver a deep ball that year better than anything carr has ever dreamed of, even when dereck was dreaming he was his brother dave. 1/2 way through the season, and dereck has already thrown 50% more int's than foles in 2013.

So basically we can count on carr imploding, either later this season, or we'll see a greater carr drop off from 2015 to 2016, greater than the drop off foles had 2013 to 2014, because carr's size and talents are so far behind what little talent foles has.

Oh, and you never answered a question I asked months ago- will carr EVER own a game in oakland the way foles did, or when carr is released in a couple years, will he still be left holding foles nuts when it comes to greatest game on the feild in carr's own house?

OK, let's look at the two soph seasons, since comparing 2014 carr to 2015 foles is just so embarrassing for Carr.

They both have a fluke sophmore season, above and beyond their abilities. Both have shoddy footwork(carr's far worse), foles can read a defense a little, carr not at all. Foles was willing and able to deliver a deep ball that year better than anything carr has ever dreamed of, even when dereck was dreaming he was his brother dave. 1/2 way through the season, and dereck has already thrown 50% more int's than foles in 2013.

So basically we can count on carr imploding, either later this season, or we'll see a greater carr drop off from 2015 to 2016, greater than the drop off foles had 2013 to 2014, because carr's size and talents are so far behind what little talent foles has.

Oh, and you never answered a question I asked months ago- will carr EVER own a game in oakland the way foles did, or when carr is released in a couple years, will he still be left holding foles nuts when it comes to greatest game on the feild in carr's own house?

Recorded. Flamboyant with his ignorance, this one is. What does Foles do well, exactly? Outside of his 2013 fluke season, Foles' next best season cannot even hold a candle to Carr's rookie season. Do you know that it would take roughly 2TDs a game and less than 1INT a game, for the rest of the season for Foles to attain Carr's "mediocre" stats from 2013?

The 2013 season was a fluky season, because in the other seasons that he's played he's exhibited a consistency which can only be willfully ignored: 

Foles:

2012 - 6 TDs 5 INTs.

2013 - 29TDs 2INTs.

2014 - 13TDs 10INTs.

2015 - 7TDs 5INTs(and counting...)

Carr:

2012 - 21TDs 12INTs.

2013 - 15TDs 3INTs (and counting..).

Huh?? Last I checked Denver is 7-0, 3 games up on the Raiders. So tell me how Carr and Cooper have catapulted the Raiders past Denver?

Technically you're right in that regard. Objectively speaking, DEN is in pole position in the AFCW. Doesn't change the fact that Carr is better at this point than two future HOFs in Manning and Rivers.

Technically you're right in that regard. Objectively speaking, DEN is in pole position in the AFCW. Doesn't change the fact that Carr is better at this point than two future HOFs in Manning and Rivers.

Technically? No, factually, I right.

The rest of your post is just a goal post move.

Uh-uh ****. If you take away foles' fluke season, we take away carr's fluke season.

"What does foles do well exactly?" The fact that you don't know shows not only your ignorance but more importantly your contempt for nick foles. But here's a sample.

Play_caught_my_attention_during_re-watch

Uh-uh ****. If you take away foles' fluke season, we take away carr's fluke season.

"What does foles do well exactly?" The fact that you don't know shows not only your ignorance but more importantly your contempt for nick foles. But here's a sample.

Go ahead, take it. Take away this year. You think Foles will enjoy better production this season than Carr did in his rookie year?

As far as that throw's concerned, I'm sure you can get a better angle than that because he made a very good throw late in the game. But I'll say it again, he cannot throw with velocity. If he is lucky enough to have one of his flying saucers get completed for a catch then more power to him. Unfortunately, you can't make all your throws in that fashion.

Recorded. Flamboyant with his ignorance, this one is. What does Foles do well, exactly? Outside of his 2013 fluke season, Foles' next best season cannot even hold a candle to Carr's rookie season. Do you know that it would take roughly 2TDs a game and less than 1INT a game, for the rest of the season for Foles to attain Carr's "mediocre" stats from 2013?

The 2013 season was a fluky season, because in the other seasons that he's played he's exhibited a consistency which can only be willfully ignored: 

Foles:

2012 - 6 TDs 5 INTs.

2013 - 29TDs 2INTs.

2014 - 13TDs 10INTs.

2015 - 7TDs 5INTs(and counting...)

Carr:

2012 - 21TDs 12INTs.

2013 - 15TDs 3INTs (and counting..).

So carr threw the same number of ints last year as foles threw in 2012, 13 and half of 2015 COMBINED, yet you still aren't smart enough to grasp that carr's 2015 season is clearly as much a fluke as foles 2013(even knowing just how much better foles fluke was than carrs is, since carr is already 50% over foles interceptions).

Dereck is what he is.

David's smaller, less athletic, less recruited, later drafted little brother. 2015 and 2013 flukes aside, neither one is great, but carr has always been evaluated by professionals who judge this crap for a living to be less than foles. Foles was recruited by larger schools and was drafted earlier. I'll take their informed opinions over your schoolgirl crush any day.

So carr threw the same number of ints last year as foles threw in 2012, 13 and half of 2015 COMBINED, yet you still aren't smart enough to grasp that carr's 2015 season is clearly as much a fluke as foles 2013(even knowing just how much better foles fluke was than carrs is, since carr is already 50% over foles interceptions).

Hard to take you seriously when you can't even perform simple arithmetic.

Dereck is what he is.

David's smaller, less athletic, less recruited, later drafted little brother. 2015 and 2013 flukes aside, neither one is great, but carr has always been evaluated by professionals who judge this crap for a living to be less than foles. Foles was recruited by larger schools and was drafted earlier. I'll take their informed opinions over your schoolgirl crush any day.

At the end of the day, regardless of your occupation, either you're an expert or a hack. Any scout for an NFL team who thought Foles was a player of the same caliber as Carr needs to get into a new line of business.

Go ahead, take it. Take away this year. You think Foles will enjoy better production this season than Carr did in his rookie year?

As far as that throw's concerned, I'm sure you can get a better angle than that because he made a very good throw late in the game. But I'll say it again, he cannot throw with velocity. If he is lucky enough to have one of his flying saucers get completed for a catch then more power to him. Unfortunately, you can't make all your throws in that fashion.

So did you just ignore the gifs I showed where he threw the all with velocity? Or did you see it and think it was a trick like Hercule when he saw the super saiyans?

Hard to take you seriously when you can't even perform simple arithmetic.

Dereck is what he is.

At the end of the day, regardless of your occupation, either you're an expert or a hack. Any scout for an NFL team who thought Foles was a player of the same caliber as Carr needs to get into a new line of business.

5 + 5 + 2=12

3 is 50% greater than 2.

You're as much a failure at math as qb talent evaluation.

So far, the only people who have ever graded carr over foles, is one lone shut-in with a schoolgirl crush on the man. And there's an entire 143(and counting) message board thread(in philly of all places, considering neither one plays there) making fun of both that schoolgirl and her crush as a result.

Which is the actual humor of this thread, apart from pulling your puppet strings to make you dance.

Oh, and are you ever going to answer?

Is carr going to be still holding foles nutz, as to who owned oaklands stadium(you know, carr's "house") with the better game played there, when oakland releases him?

vs Carr throwing the same route......

qjrlav.gif

Would you look at that? Looks like there's a route Carr can't seem to complete but Foles can. But I thought he could complete all the throws?

I know I'm right. I'm at peace with my opinion.

So you stand by the assertion that Carrbage is the greatest QB ever produced by the NFL draft and is better than Rodgers?
I might have missed it, did you ever answer this question?

CarrSeamHolmes.gif

CarrMurray.gif

0s, 18s, 29s, 33s, just to name a few. Carr does it with consistency. There's levels to this, and Foles is a couple rungs lower than Carr as far as throwing ability's concerned.

So you stand by the assertion that Carrbage is the greatest QB ever produced by the NFL draft and is better than Rodgers?

Could be a virus. All you need to do is type "Yes" or "No".

Yes. I did answer than question. On page 118.

Nobody, including rstarter, thinks Carr is better than Rodgers.

Could be a virus. All you need to do is type "Yes" or "No".

Yes.

Here's the deal with NOTW and MMax: these guys might've said a few slick things here and there, but they were much more leveled about the criticism of Carr. However, for all those posters like Greg who mistook their rudimentary understanding of the QB position for something grander, this here is all for you. Don't forget, also, that there's an avatar change coming up for Bored and GG, and like a DJ I'll soon be taking requests.

Pretty sure I didn't criticize Carr (maybe once for being tentative to throw downfield?). If by criticize you mean "meme-ified" his legendary exploits, then perhaps I may have. :ph34r:

0s, 18s, 29s, 33s, just to name a few. Carr does it with consistency. There's levels to this, and Foles is a couple rungs lower than Carr as far as.

I'm sorry. None of those throws are the throws I showed. It's a simple corner route/throw.

Foles completed his expertly, with tight coverage, with a tight window, after holding the safety.

Carr did not complete his. It was thrown horrifically, the wr was wide-the-hell-open, Carr looked at him the entire way, and it should've been picked off.

I have yet to see Carr complete this pass in the pros or college. This is one of the passes all qbs should be able to make. It's a simple corner route. Looks to me like Carr can't complete "all the throws" like you've nauseatingly have claimed. In a tight window. With tight coverage.

Some arm talent doe.

I'm sorry. None of those throws are the throws I showed. It's a simple corner route/throw.

Foles completed his expertly, with tight coverage, with a tight window, after holding the safety.

Carr did not complete his. It was thrown horrifically, the wr was wide-the-hell-open, Carr looked at him the entire way, and it should've been picked off.

I have yet to see Carr complete this pass in the pros or college. This is one of the passes all qbs should be able to make. It's a simple corner route. Looks to me like Carr can't complete "all the throws" like you've nauseatingly have claimed. In a tight window. With tight coverage.

Some arm talent doe.

6m, 7:47 and 7:51 (incredible accuracy, in a tight window). We'll keep playing this game but just from the tape included, guy's making throws that you'll not see Foles even try to attempt.

5 + 5 + 2=12

3 is 50% greater than 2.

You're as much a failure at math as qb talent evaluation.

So far, the only people who have ever graded carr over foles, is one lone shut-in with a schoolgirl crush on the man. And there's an entire 143(and counting) message board thread(in philly of all places, considering neither one plays there) making fun of both that schoolgirl and her crush as a result.

Which is the actual humor of this thread, apart from pulling your puppet strings to make you dance.

Oh, and are you ever going to answer?

Is carr going to be still holding foles nutz, as to who owned oaklands stadium(you know, carr's "house") with the better game played there, when oakland releases him?

Not going to address the fact you're nearly as inept at basic math as you are diagnosing qb mechanics?

Not going to touch the fact that despite how ever many seasons carr plays in oakland, 8 games a season, carr can never touch the game foles played there?

I mean, it's just gotta kill you knowing dereck carr will eventually die(hopefully many, many happy years from now), with Nick Foles STILL owning the keys to "his house"...