rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

He's better than bustford. .and isn't getting paid as much

Yet..

Is he the 'greatest QB in NFL Draft history'? Is he better than Aaron Rodgers?

Carr is having himself a nice season. 2013 foles-esque..

Better weapons around him minus rb and better oline and d, regardless, its a good year for carr and co.

You mean he really IS the greatest QB ever produced in NFL draft history and really IS better than Rodgers? :o

There's a tacit admission in your question that Foles doesn't even factor into the question of who the better QB is, no?

Doesn't matter though. Carr's got a top 5 arm easy. His arm talent is through the roof, and I based ~70% of my proclamations on his ability to make any and every throw accurately.

... Foles

Foles isn't an Eagles QB, so I couldn't care less about what he does. You, on the other hand, are still obsessed with him. Seek help. lol

You mean he really IS the greatest QB ever produced in NFL draft history and really IS better than Rodgers? :o

These are the kind of posts that make you all look foolish.

Is it that hard for you folks to admit you were wrong? Derek Carr is not his brother. He is not 'carrbage'. He is a very good, young QB.

Is it that hard for you folks to admit you were wrong? Derek Carr is not his brother. He is not 'carrbage'. He is a very good, young QB.

It's what VaBeach does nearly every time he's wrong on this board: exaggerates a claim and then hides behind it.

"Those kinds of posts"? rstarter is the one that made those statements and just a couple of days ago said that he still stands by those statements.

I know I'm right. I'm at peace with my opinion.

So you stand by the assertion that Carrbage is the greatest QB ever produced by the NFL draft and is better than Rodgers?

Yes.

It's what VaBeach does nearly every time he's wrong on this board: exaggerates a claim and then hides behind it.

ALF! Such an alpha that you allowed yourself to be influenced by a bunch of people on this thread and was forced into changing your name.

True "Alpha" move there. :lol:

Is bustford?

Please quote the posting where I proclaimed anyone to be the "Greatest" in draft history.

Va, I have neither the time nor the patience to continue when you so blatantly misrepresent what I said. As I told you, go back to page 118, read up and come back when you've comprehended the context within which I made that statement. I say misrepresent because of this:

I might have missed it, did you ever answer this question?

Could be a virus. All you need to do is type "Yes" or "No".

Yes. I did answer than question. On page 118.

"Those kinds of posts"? rstarter is the one that made those statements and just a couple of days ago said that he still stands by those statements.

The post you quoted of mine had nothing to do with any claims of his. I simply said it's about time the folks in here admitted they were wrong about Derek Carr.

I know for a fact that most of these know-it-alls would've had Energizer batteries for tongues had Carr played like Foles. For now, all they can do is bite their tongues.

Va, I have neither the time nor the patience to continue when you so blatantly misrepresent what I said. As I told you, go back to page 118, read up and come back when you've comprehended the context within which I made that statement. I say misrepresent because of this:

I asked if you stood by your statements of "greatest QB in NFL Draft history" and "better than Rodgers". You posted a link, I told you to answer "Yes" or "No". Your reply to that post was to say "Yes.", as you JUST quoted yourself.

The post you quoted of mine had nothing to do with any claims of his. I simply said it's about time the folks in here admitted they were wrong about Derek Carr.

Understand something (Alf can't quite 'get' this, herself), this thread isn't about Carr. Probably everyone here that is teasing rstarter, has said at least once, if not multiple times that Carr is a good QB with a promising career.

It's rstarter's outlandish claims (before he even played a single down in the NFL) that this thread is about. Without those outlandish claims (that he both acknowledges and then later tries to disavow), nobody on the EMB would give a flying rats asp about Derek the Carr.

Act your age dude. If you're as old as your avatar hints at, post like a grown man instead of contorting my posts to fit your narrative. Are we to the point now where you'll extract bits of my replies, shamelessly change them and use them to answer your questions outside their original context? Like I said, you could easily just say you were wrong about Carr and we can keep this moving.

Did I?

So why did you ask?

ASSuming again?

If you had actually answered my question, rather than ASSuming that my question TO you was aimed AT you, I would have gone on to further discuss the question and your answer and the purpose of my question.

I know it's a 146 page thread, which has been going on for a season and a half now, but do try understand the thread rather than ASSuming that you know what's going on.

Understand something (Alf can't quite 'get' this, herself), this thread isn't about Carr. Probably everyone here that is teasing rstarter, has said at least once, if not multiple times that Carr is a good QB with a promising career.

Yeah, I've seen that stated a few times over the past few weeks by a few that choose to backpedal rather than admit they were wrong.

Yeah, I've seen that stated a few times over the past few weeks by a few that choose to backpedal rather than admit they were wrong.

Backpedal? You're here in this thread, the proof is all right here. ;)

People should really try to be informed before posting... :lol:

:roll:

So now he's succeeding because his team is stacked?

Don't quote me dude.

As has been said many times, you don't know wtf this thread is about. You certainly don't understand my beefs with rstarter.

I picked apart every throw because that's what he does/did to foles. He believed that throwing shirt passes and screens were things any qb could do and not impressive. Also didn't count passes completed to guy who were "wide open"

So either go back and check my history with rstarter, try to know what you're talking about and stfu or just simply stfu.

Either way, don't quote me like you know what I'm talking about. Because obviously you don't.

I didn't watch the 2nd half but did throw a ball over 20 yards in the air? Did he complete a corner route?

Or should I still pretend to be impressed by a guy who hasn't made a throw I havent seen even foles make?

Don't quote me dude.

As has been said many times, you don't know wtf this thread is about. You certainly don't understand my beefs with rstarter.

I picked apart every throw because that's what he does/did to foles. He believed that throwing shirt passes and screens were things any qb could do and not impressive. Also didn't count passes completed to guy who were "wide open"

So either go back and check my history with rstarter, try to know what you're talking about and stfu or just simply stfu.

Either way, don't quote me like you know what I'm talking about. Because obviously you don't.

Any QB that's worth a draft pick should be able to throw screens and swing passes. However, if all the QB can do is throw flying saucers all over the field with neither the physical ability to make throws like the one below, nor the athleticism to extend plays, and he is proclaimed the better QB when compared to Carr.

NZ2qJs8.gif

Stop it with this foolishness. You're making yourself look bad even trying to say that Foles is on the same planet as a passer with Carr. Really stupid look, to be honest, trying to juxtapose a guy with a grand total of 7TDs to a guy that's boasting 19 with less INTs to boot.