rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Meanwhile, in OAK....

Are my eyes deceiving me? Wasn't that a corner route???

Andre Holmes had a chance @ that. Match up was good and Andre should've snagged it, or bat it down @ least.

Andre Holmes had a chance @ that. Match up was good and Andre should've snagged it, or bat it down @ least.

Yeah.

I hear nick foles picks are never his fault either....

What's the Rams record?

4 & 5.

Same as little derecks raiders.

Which is weird, cause the raiders have the best qb in the history of the draft, and the rams are playing a noodle armed scrub.

With the talent oak has at qb, you'd think they'd be able to seperate themselves from them bums by now.

Strange, hunh?

4 & 5.

Same as little derecks raiders.

Which is weird, cause the raiders have the best qb in the history of the draft, and the rams are playing a noodle armed scrub.

With the talent oak has at qb, you'd think they'd be able to seperate themselves from them bums by now.

Strange, hunh?

Quite the circle jerk y'all got there. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how a couple of dudes can leap from "Foles is better than Carr" to "Carr is the best QB in the history of the draft."

... circle jerk .. my mind around .. a couple of dudes ... Foles ...Carr

So, now that we've established that the comparison of Rodgers and Carr is invalid. Let's move on to the other outlandish comment that keeps this thread alive.

Do you stand by your assertion that Derek Carr is the 'greatest QB in the history of the NFL draft'? Like I said before, I don't give an ish about page 118, page 34, page 144. I'm asking you right now, on November 11, 2015 (Happy Veterans Day to my fellow Vets).

Do you, on November 11, 2015, still claim that Derek Carr is the "greatest QB in the history of the NFL draft"?

Yes or No?

Quite the circle jerk y'all got there. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how a couple of dudes can leap from "Foles is better than Carr" to "Carr is the best QB in the history of the draft."

I don't know.

How DID you do it?

Restarter novemberish 2013- "Foles is playing to good to waste a draft choice at qb"

Restarter january 2014- "trede foles for #1 and draft carr, the bestest qb in the history of the draft".

So you tell us. How DID you do it?

What a joke.

So, now that we've established that the comparison of Rodgers and Carr is invalid. Let's move on to the other outlandish comment that keeps this thread alive.

Do you stand by your assertion that Derek Carr is the 'greatest QB in the history of the NFL draft'? Like I said before, I don't give an ish about page 118, page 34, page 144. I'm asking you right now, on November 11, 2015 (Happy Veterans Day to my fellow Vets).

Do you, on November 11, 2015, still claim that Derek Carr is the "greatest QB in the history of the NFL draft"?

Yes or No?

Meanwhile, in OAK....

Are my eyes deceiving me? Wasn't that a corner route???

That the wr ran? It sure was.

The pass by Carr however, was FING HORRIBLE. He can't throw a proper corner route. It doesn't shock me though. His arm strength isn't all that. Of course if his footwork and throwing platform were worth a F and he knew how to be a qb instead if a thrower......

Ahhhh well..... What else can we expect from a franchise qb?

What a joke.

Yes or No?

That the wr ran? It sure was.

The pass by Carr however, was FING HORRIBLE. He can't throw a proper corner route. It doesn't shock me though. His arm strength isn't all that. Of course if his footwork and throwing platform were worth a F and he knew how to be a qb instead if a thrower......

Ahhhh well..... What else can we expect from a franchise qb?

Of course. Watching your hero Foles has you on another level as far as evaluating QBs is concerned. Carr's a baller, and I wish he was my team's QB. Can't really say the same for Foles.

Of course. ... Foles ... is ... a baller, and I wish he was my team's QB.

Yes or No?

Of course. Watching your hero Foles has you on another level as far as evaluating QBs is concerned. Carr's a baller, and I wish he was my team's QB. Can't really say the same for Foles.

Have ya ever noticed how much more you talk about foles than carr, on weeks carr loses?

Or throws as many picks as tds?

Or throws as many picks as tds AND loses?

We have.

Have ya ever noticed how much more you talk about foles than carr, on weeks carr loses?

Or throws as many picks as tds?

Or throws as many picks as tds AND loses?

We have.

Have you ever noticed how much more he talks about Foles than anyone else does? lol

I check in on this thread from time to time because it amuses me. I've come to like Derek Carr, and believe he is a franchise quarterback. He is not elite. I guess it's possible he could, in time, make that leap. Some folks don't seem to understand there is a difference between a franchise QB and an elite QB, and I'm not just speaking about people from this thread, but that is a whole different discussion. Anyway, I didn't predict Carr would be good, I didn't predict he would be awful. I didn't watch him at all in college, so I had no idea what he would be, and never pretended to have any knowledge about him. I will admit to not thinking much of him, an opinion I formed solely because of his last name.

All that being said, when I stop in here and read the posts lately, I've come to question just which posters are, in fact, obsessed with Derek Carr. I get that this rstarter fella is. He is obviously a huge fan and will continue to watch and support his player, as well as post about him, accurate or not. What I find fascinating is the amount of time and energy some posters are exhausting in watching Oakland Raiders games, for no other reason than watching Derek Carr play and rooting for failure. I have to admit I am impressed with how closely posters are watching and scrutinizing each and every throw Carr makes(there seems to be much focus on the corner route recently) as well as the in depth statistical breakdown of his performances, and its comparison to others. I enjoy the lists of pros and cons from each performance, the lists of specific pass attempts and results, the breakdowns of Carrs physical attributes, the quoting of statements and predictions made months and months and pages and pages ago. I appreciate the amount of time put into this analysis and research. This has become a very interesting and fascinating thread, it has evolved since its conception to the point where I no longer know who it is really about or who is obsessed with whom or what. I look forward to seeing how it progresses in the following years.

rstarter, on 15 Nov 2015 - 8:47 PM, said:rstarter, on 15 Nov 2015 - 8:47 PM, said:rstarter, on 15 Nov 2015 - 8:47 PM, said:

Because you said that in this very thread.   Your actual quote was that Carr was "the best prospect to ever come out of the NFL draft", if memory serves.

Of course. Watching your hero Foles

Nice try with the deflection.

Remember when Carr could make every throw? Oh wait that's right. He can't.

I check in on this thread from time to time because it amuses me. I've come to like Derek Carr, and believe he is a franchise quarterback. He is not elite. I guess it's possible he could, in time, make that leap. Some folks don't seem to understand there is a difference between a franchise QB and an elite QB, and I'm not just speaking about people from this thread, but that is a whole different discussion. Anyway, I didn't predict Carr would be good, I didn't predict he would be awful. I didn't watch him at all in college, so I had no idea what he would be, and never pretended to have any knowledge about him. I will admit to not thinking much of him, an opinion I formed solely because of his last name.

All that being said, when I stop in here and read the posts lately, I've come to question just which posters are, in fact, obsessed with Derek Carr. I get that this rstarter fella is. He is obviously a huge fan and will continue to watch and support his player, as well as post about him, accurate or not. What I find fascinating is the amount of time and energy some posters are exhausting in watching Oakland Raiders games, for no other reason than watching Derek Carr play and rooting for failure. I have to admit I am impressed with how closely posters are watching and scrutinizing each and every throw Carr makes(there seems to be much focus on the corner route recently) as well as the in depth statistical breakdown of his performances, and its comparison to others. I enjoy the lists of pros and cons from each performance, the lists of specific pass attempts and results, the breakdowns of Carrs physical attributes, the quoting of statements and predictions made months and months and pages and pages ago. I appreciate the amount of time put into this analysis and research. This has become a very interesting and fascinating thread, it has evolved since its conception to the point where I no longer know who it is really about or who is obsessed with whom or what. I look forward to seeing how it progresses in the following years.

But what are your thoughts on Uncle Rico and his arm talent?

They've all been lost in their own world of jerking each other off for too long to recognize their own hypocrisy at this point. Just laugh at them from the sidelines.