rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Hey! Remember when Carr won the OROTY award? Good times.

A part of me wants to qualify the above by saying he was the best QB of 2014, but I'll take it. ODB and the other WRs balled out! Doesn't detract from the fact that Carr played well as a rookie. He wasn't the OROTY last year.

This week should've been your come to Jesus moment. Be real GG, if you had to do the Foles deal over again, knowing what you know right now (which matches up perfectly with my earlier predictions) would you chose Foles over Carr? He didn't win OROTY, I get that, but in the same token Foles won NFL Pro Bowl MVP, and look where he is  :lol:

Only because we own the Lions 3rd round pick and we don't have a 2nd rounder this coming draft, so yeah, go Raiders, go Carr.

I know what I'm going to say falls on deaf ears but.....

For the last time, I stopped giving a **** about foles the minute he was traded.

And there are a LOT of posts in this very thread from many other posters who felt the same.

Actually, you were all on Sam Bradford's jock when he came here. All about dat arm talent. I wasn't very impressed. I took a wait and see approach. I still have that with him.

A part of me wants to qualify the above by saying he was the best QB of 2014, but I'll take it. ODB and the other WRs balled out! Doesn't detract from the fact that Carr played well as a rookie.

What qb can you say "played well as a rookie" when he led his team to

- an 0-10 start

- the most punts in the nfl

- the most impotent drives in the nfl

- the least drives ending in opponents territory

- most drives ending in a 3 and out

- least points scored

- least points per game

- a historically bad ypa

?

Does it not make you feel better when we tell you that many of us agreed with you that Carr was a good QB prospect and would be a good NFL QB?  The issue you seem to have is butthurt because the team wasn't going to draft a QB in the 1st round after their starter just had a great season.   

You can play hindsight for every draft a year or 2 later.  LJ Smith over Jason Witten for example but you don't see people stalking Witten and talking about him constantly.  

Not taking away from your prediction about Carr, but you also have threads in IWTETG for a lot of QBs.  Most QBs drafted do not work out, so what if the other guys you hype up are busts?  I predicted Jordan Hicks was a great draft pick, so what?  I'm wrong about a lot of other things.

You've got threads for:

Carson Wentz

Connor Cook

Josh Rosen

Logan Thomas (free agent)

Nick Marshall

So one of those guys makes it and you're going to say you were right?  What about the ones that don't?

Does it not make you feel better when we tell you that many of us agreed with you that Carr was a good QB prospect and would be a good NFL QB?  The issue you seem to have is butthurt because the team wasn't going to draft a QB in the 1st round after their starter just had a great season.   

You can play hindsight for every draft a year or 2 later.  LJ Smith over Jason Witten for example but you don't see people stalking Witten and talking about him constantly.  

Not taking away from your prediction about Carr, but you also have threads in IWTETG for a lot of QBs.  Most QBs drafted do not work out, so what if the other guys you hype up are busts?  I predicted Jordan Hicks was a great draft pick, so what?  I'm wrong about a lot of other things.

You've got threads for:

Carson Wentz

Connor Cook

Josh Rosen

Logan Thomas (free agent)

Nick Marshall

So one of those guys makes it and you're going to say you were right?  What about the ones that don't?

How long have I been a proponent for Carr being drafted. Not only that, but which other QBs have I started threads about in ATNFL in which I pound the table for them to be drafted? Like I said before, I haven't been as convinced in a QB like I have with Carr.

How long have I been a proponent for Carr being drafted. Not only that, but which other QBs have I started threads about in ATNFL in which I pound the table for them to be drafted? Like I said before, I haven't been as convinced in a QB like I have with Carr.

That's not my point, and what you're saying here I already noted "not taking anything away from your prediction about Carr."  

You didn't address my point:  that you have thrown a lot of QBs at the wall (yes, Carr with the most passion) and not every one of them will stick.  So you are trying to gloat 2 years after making a prediction...also 2 weeks before you saw a game Carr played you were higher on Morris and Bridgewater.

Congratulations that Carr is a good NFL QB (which many of us agreed he would be).  It doesn't change that BACK THEN the front office was NOT going to draft a 1st round QB.  It also doesn't change the ridiculous over the top predictions you made for him.

My favorite:  

mark my words people will wax poetically about his ability to make every throw.

Also, remember that not only was I receiving blow back before we drafted MSII, I was on the wrong end of some very snide comments about how Carr wouldn't materialize into anything. This has been going on since Oct/Nov 2013. For you to say that my victory laps resulted from a statistical observation weighted in my favor is to miss the point. I was completely, 100% sold on Carr's abilities. Sure, I might've brought those other names up, but this is the one name that I put my online rep on the line even before he finished his senior season. I was, how should I say, a day 1 guy wrt Carr.

Also, remember that not only was I receiving blow back before we drafted MSII, I was on the wrong end of some very snide comments about how Carr wouldn't materialize into anything. This has been going on since Oct/Nov 2013. For you to say that my victory laps resulted from a statistical observation weighted in my favor is to miss the point. I was completely, 100% sold on Carr's abilities. Sure, I might've brought those other names up, but this is the one name that I put my online rep on the line even before he finished his senior season. I was, how should I say, a day 1 guy wrt Carr.

Oh, I know.  You are the #1 Carr fan and have never let up.  But you are 2 years later - TWO YEARS - butthurt that Chip and Howie didn't agree with you.  Everyone keeps telling you that the front office was not going to draft a QB high after Foles' performance that year.  Same with Vick after 2010, they weren't going to draft a QB in the 1st round when they felt Vick was the starter.  

The Browns could have drafted Carr.  They've been in QB hell forever.  Several other teams in great need of QB at that time could have drafted Carr.  They didn't.  

You also seem butthurt that many fans were  excited about what they saw in Foles.  The harsh criticisms of Carr are mostly just mocking you because of your hard on for him, Garrity and a few others seem to genuinely think he sucks but the rest of us are just poking fun at you.  Just be a good sport, it's all about your weird obsession and not really about Carr.  Get over it.

If the arrows aren't meant for you, then they aren't meant for you NOTW. Everyone that commented on this thread has their own cross to bear as a result. This part, of the victory lap, was all in the design. It has to happen  :lol: .

And oh,

27ba76384734b784057ce2bb1a96a1c7.300x169

Oh, I know. You are the #1 Carr fan and have never let up. But you are 2 years later - TWO YEARS - butthurt that Chip and Howie didn't agree with you. Everyone keeps telling you that the front office was not going to draft a QB high after Foles' performance that year. Same with Vick after 2010, they weren't going to draft a QB in the 1st round when they felt Vick was the starter.

The Browns could have drafted Carr. They've been in QB hell forever. Several other teams in great need of QB at that time could have drafted Carr. They didn't.

You also seem butthurt that many fans were excited about what they saw in Foles. The harsh criticisms of Carr are mostly just mocking you because of your hard on for him, Garrity and a few others seem to genuinely think he sucks but the rest of us are just poking fun at you. Just be a good sport, it's all about your weird obsession and not really about Carr. Get over it.

Kinda funny how you keep crying about people needing to be good sports, but you're the one who can dish it but can't take it. It was all good for years when it was a one-sided joking affair, now that it's coming back at you you're upset.

Kinda funny how you keep crying about people needing to be good sports, but you're the one who can dish it but can't take it. It was all good for years when it was a one-sided joking affair, now that it's coming back at you you're upset.

131168382487.gif

How long have I been a proponent for Carr being drafted.

Apparently not as long as for Stephen Morris (lololol!)

Not only that, but which other QBs have I started threads about in ATNFL in which I pound the table for them to be drafted? .

The only reason you are "pounding the table" for Carr is he's the only one of the guys you trumped as a "2nd round pick".... That actually got drafted in that round. Lolol.

Nick Marshall dude? Nick Marshall?! Lmao.

Kinda funny how you keep crying about people needing to be good sports, but you're the one who can dish it but can't take it.

Your mom can take it.

It was all good for years when it was a one-sided joking affair, now that it's coming back at you you're upset.

Your mom is upset that I didn't come over last night

She was upset until I banged her and made her forget about you.

Your mom could never forget about me. (Might be because she's half elephant).

Do you guys hear that noise? It's faint, and very soft like a small weak animal. Like a rat? A squirrel? No, I think it's a lil wabbit.

Yeah that's what it was, it was a lil wabbit whimper.

Ok, real question everybody answer:  Who do you wish was suiting up for the Eagles this sunday?  Foles, Bradford or Carr?

Brady.

Ok, real question everybody answer: Who do you wish was suiting up for the Eagles this sunday? Foles, Bradford or Carr?

Aaron Rodgers.

Ok, real question everybody answer:  Who do you wish was suiting up for the Eagles this sunday?  Foles, Bradford or Carr?

The parameters have changed dawk. Now, it's more relevant to ask who you'd choose between Foles and Keenum.

The parameters have changed dawk. Now, it's more relevant to ask who you'd choose between Foles and Keenum.

No its not. That's just a stupid answer given the question.

I'd take lean towards Carr with Foles a close second. If I saw Carr perform well in this offense I'd take him. A part of Foles game that's not talked about much is his ball handling. He was really good with the various fakes off the option. It's part of the reason we had so many wide open recievers the past 2 years. I think Bradford looks absolutely terrible on the various fakes and other ball skills and it's the reason a large part of the offense seems to be missing.