rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

And this is your new sig.....

the trajectory of his deep balls are all high arching, which is a direct result of not having a "strong" arm yet. When you have a receiver like CJ, or even Cooper those type of throws make sense as it gives your receiver the ability to go up and fight for the ball. But if you're throwing to a receiver like DJax who is 5'10 and whose strong suit is speed, and is being single covered (no deep safety) by a 6'+ DB that he's got beat you'd be better served lowering the flight path of the ball.

:roll:

Oh, and about the "you never always thought Foles sucked" agenda y'all are pushing: it's as much an argument on semantics than it is on substance.

1344220372096_9241455.png

I guess the rstarter " next Aaron Rodgers " talk has put to much on young Carr now that Aaron Rodgers is on the other sideline.

Is it just me or does it look like this guy wears makeup of some kind?

Carr or restarter?

No on the 1st, most likely on the 2nd...

Is it just me or does it look like this guy wears makeup of some kind?

He looks like the singer of The Killers, complete with the eyeliner and everything. 

Didn't think the GB defense would've been that tough. Without playoff hopes, all they have is their pride these next two games. Carr's still my kind of QB though.

2 tds, 2 more pics. 48.9 completition percent with just 23 of 47 for 276 yards.

Pretty much nick foles without ever hitting his highs(more durable though, gotta give props for that)

Just like foles, you gotta feel sorry for the kid. Gotta be a beyotch to be watching your own wheels fall off, and not be able to do a thing to turn it around.

Didn't think the GB defense would've been that tough. Without playoff hopes, all they have is their pride these next two games. Carr's still my kind of QB though.

Change your name, avatar, and signature. Now.

2 tds, 2 more pics. 48.9 completition percent with just 23 of 47 for 276 yards.

And passer rating of only 63.8.

Rstarter likes to say what do you have when you take away the stats...until Carr's stats aren't good.

Gotta wonder if Oakland sits the kid today.

Just like Foles in St.L, this kid is killing any chance they have in a game.

Both cases, they're the weakest link on offense.

I'm sure it'll be a Rodgers like benching though, Carr is just that good...

It's not Carr's fault there are absolutely no weapons in Oakland.  The Cooper/Crabtree combo is terrible.  If Carr just had the firepower Rodgers does with a player like James Jones, he'd be just as successful.

Let me put it like this Carr will be in the league, as a starter, for the Raiders, for (un)foreseeable future. This isn't Foles, a fallible QB which STL took all but a couple games to fully digest his abilities. Loss is tough, but he's had a good season all things considered.

Let me put it like this Carr will be in the league, as a starter, for the Raiders, for (un)foreseeable future. This isn't Foles, a fallible QB which STL took all but a couple games to fully digest his abilities. Loss is tough, but he's had a good season all things considered.

We've moved on from Foles and are focusing solely on your 9 win 21 loss hero, mini-Rodgers himself.

When are you changing your name and signature?

We've moved on from Foles and are focusing solely on your 9 win 21 loss hero, mini-Rodgers himself.

ya but but but it's everyone BUT Carr....

When are you changing your name and signature?

If the Raiders reach 7 wins, you're going to be due a namechange. You do know that right?

All things considered, it's been an epic crash and burn of a season. Starts out with a fluke few wins, then BAM!! Reality straight to the kisser, and dereks career plummets like a rock. Hell, the last two weeks, he can't even manage a 50% completion rate.

You are right about one thing though, he ain't no nick foles.

Foles at least had the talent to put up awesome numbers before the league had tape and shut him down.

Carr only has half decent talent, so his honeymoon contained at lot fewer high points before the league shut him down. He is what we knew he is- David's smaller, less talented, less well coached younger brother, and nothing more.

Since you think Oaklands dumb enough to ride this crashing career into the ground, do you have any hope dave's little brother can toss 7 tds in 3/4's of one game there before he sits? Like, you know, that other no talent bum did.

Man. Remember when you could laugh at people who thought foles was gonna be good? That ship sure has sailed on ya....

That's the funny thing. A lot of people here were excited about Foles after 2013, and understandably so. He had a record season and everyone wanted to see him do well but wanted to see him for an entire season.

Once he was gone, most (if not all) of us moved on and couldn't care less about what Foles does or doesn't do. If he's not helping the Eagles win games, then who cares?

But it's really funny to see those that seemingly hate Foles, still obsessed with him and still trying to point out examples that they feel are better than him. As if that's going to be a 'dagger to the heart' of Eagles fans. The guy's not an Eagle, I don't care about him anymore. That's true with Foles, just like it was true with McNabb, just like it was true with Cunningham and Jaws.

I do seem to remember something about an avatar bet in this thread. I don't feel like digging through to find it, but what was the bet and what's the status right now?

I do seem to remember something about an avatar bet in this thread. I don't feel like digging through to find it, but what was the bet and what's the status right now?

Carr needs to win one more game and improve from 19th to 10th in YPA otherwise Garrity wins it. 

Can't find the post, but restarter also said Carr's qb rating had to be over 100 on the year for him to win.

It's well under that now(it was like 115 when restarter tossed this in there), and has been falling like the price of a nick foles rookie card...

If the Raiders reach 7 wins, you're going to be due a namechange. You do know that right?

You must have me confused with someone else.

Carr needs to win one more game and improve from 19th to 10th in YPA otherwise Garrity wins it.

Wrong.

I win the bet weeks ago. Carr has not performed up to the standards he set for Foles during his 2013 campaign.

He's being a **** right now and trying to ignore it. Well that's too Fing bad. He wanted to push this bet business. Well now he needs to change his name, AV, and sig.

Or he can just ignore it like he always does like the little **** he is.