rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

5,529 posts in this topic

If arm strength and other measurables were the key to success, then Jamarcus Russell would be a 5x All-Pro right now instead of flipping burgers.

It all has to do with decision making and being in the right situation at the right time. We all know Carr's situation is terrible and his decision making is still TBD. As of right now, the odds are stacked against him.

Nick Foles' great pocket awareness and ability to make good decisions, but other than that he possesses neither the otherworldly arm talent, FB acumen nor athleticism that the other premier passers in the league are renowned for.

You have no idea what "FB acumen" means otherwise you wouldn't say foles doesn't have it. As evidenced by the many, many, MANY pump fakes and coverage manipulation techniques with his eyes and shoulders.

Just watch this dude is going to be the OROY, and the margin isn't even going to be close.

So he'll be the next Vince young? Or RG3?

Tenure doesn't make you a great QB; it's the tangible skill set that enables you to be identified as one of the best QBs in the league.

Actually neither of those things alone make you the best. It's a combination of those and a number of other things.

2 people like this

It's a position I've maintained for a while now, and it comes down to what either QB is able to do for you. On the one hand you have Nick Foles' great pocket awareness and ability to make good decisions, but other than that he possesses neither the otherworldly arm talent, FB acumen nor athleticism that the other premier passers in the league are renowned for. Just watch this dude is going to be the OROY, and the margin isn't even going to be close. Tenure doesn't make you a great QB; it's the tangible skill set that enables you to be identified as one of the best QBs in the league.

So you're saying that Foles has great pocket awareness and makes good decisions but then in the same sentence you're saying he doesn't possess acumen? Stop trying to sound intelligent.

3 people like this

Derek Carr

I bet you're praying that he had some noods that were hacked in the big iCloud heist, aren't you?

You have no idea what "FB acumen" means otherwise you wouldn't say foles doesn't have it. As evidenced by the many, many, MANY pump fakes and coverage manipulation techniques with his eyes and shoulders.

So he'll be the next Vince young? Or RG3?

Actually neither of those things alone make you the best. It's a combination of those and a number of other things.

So you're saying that Foles has great pocket awareness and makes good decisions but then in the same sentence you're saying he doesn't possess acumen? Stop trying to sound intelligent.

My bad. The word I was looking for was football IQ. By that, I mean has he shown the ability to walk up to the LOS and identify blitzes, or change protections especially in the passing downs? He might not be terrible at it, but it's not something we can point to as a defining facet of his game.

2 people like this

My bad. The word I was looking for was football IQ. By that, I mean has he shown the ability to walk up to the LOS and identify blitzes, or change protections especially in the passing downs? He might not be terrible at it, but it's not something we can point to as a defining facet of his game.

Yeah, the best TD/INT ratio in NFL history...the highest passer rating in the NFL last season...no football IQ there!

:roll:

rstarter, the gift that keeps on giving.

5 people like this

I can't wait to watch Carr throw 4 picks this weekend.

I forget, who are they playing?

I forget, who are they playing?

Jets.

And part of why Carr is starting is Shaub's elbow injury. He can't throw beyond 10 yards right now.

Their secondary is very suspect. Now, should it happen that he goes off on the Jets D (which I have a feeling will happen) you can use my comment as an excuse.

You're pathetic. Have fun following the Raiders.

Jets.

And part of why Carr is starting is Shaub's elbow injury. He can't throw beyond 10 yards right now.

@Jets

I kept thinking "Jags", but I knew that wasn't right and I was too lazy to look it up lol.

I bet you're praying that he had some noods that were hacked in the big iCloud heist, aren't you?

:lol:

Please just stop. I seriously doubt "acumen" was the word that came to mind when trying to say the all too common IQ. Next time use a dictionary before you start using big words that make you sound intelligent. Do you seriously think Foles has a low football IQ?

1 person likes this

Please just stop. I seriously doubt "acumen" was the word that came to mind when trying to say the all too common IQ. Next time use a dictionary before you start using big words that make you sound intelligent. Do you seriously think Foles has a low football IQ?

Of course he does, no one is greater than the almighty son of the football god Derek Carr. That is, until he moves on to Hackenberg.

So Let me guess, Carr is now public enemy #1 on this board because one Eagles fan prefers him over Foles. :lol:

So Let me guess, Carr is now public enemy #1 on this board because one Eagles fan prefers him over Foles. :lol:

You should probably go read over his posts for the last 4 or 5 months. The guy posts **** about Carr in threads that don't even pertain to him, he's even prayed to god for the Eagles to draft him and so on and so on.

He's gone as far as saying, that it would be a dumb move for the Eagles not to draft him, because if Foles takes a step back, we'll be kicking ourselves for not doing so. Players take a step back for whatever reason, but just because they do, you don't go and replace them.

1 person likes this

Carr is not public enemy #1, just the idiot who thinks Carr is better than Foles. :lol:

1 person likes this

I don't think anyone has a problem with Carr and doesn't care what he does in Oakland. It's the idiot troll that says dumb crap since he's been around here.

No, not at all. But rstarter will never let up on Foles' "shortcomings" which he never expounds upon, only states that they are there.

He loves Carr's arm strength, but some have compared it to Jeff George's...rstarter ignores the comparison.

He constantly puts down Nick Foles as some sort of fluke...but ties his wagon to a kid who has played zero games in the NFL.

In another thread, I asked him how impressive the pass off of the Seahawks' defender's hand which went for a TD was, and he basically ignored it.

Carr may have a very good career, but if he does, rstarter will never let you forget it. He is the genius who found Carr when nobody else knew who he was. If it turns out that Carr was helped immensely by playing in a conference which didn't exactly have a great defensive reputation, rstarter will disappear, I fear.

That would be too bad, because his obsession with Carr has produced some funny stuff on this board.

Public enemy? As of right this second, he's a nobody. He's not even "Bob" yet. Don't mistake the fun of posting with a known troll for hatred for a player that's never thrown a pass in a real NFL game in his life.

Will Carr amount to anything? Maybe, maybe not. Nobody here (other than Raiders fans and one other poster) really cares. But when you have a poster that has already stated that Carr WILL be the greatest QB ever drafted in NFL history, before said QB has even set foot on an NFL field during a real NFL game, you can't just pass that by. Not in the offseason.

Maybe Carr will be the "bestest of the bestest" of all time, but to proclaim that before his first NFL pass is just idiotic.