rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Planet Derek Carr Was Supposed To Be The Next Aaron Rodgers

You mean the guy who also crapped the bed at the end of the season? Their overall years were pretty damn close.  

You mean the guy who also crapped the bed at the end of the season? Their overall years were pretty damn close.

Yeah. But as weird as this is to say' the Raiders probably had a better offense. The line, recievers, back...all more consistently good than Green Bays.

Yeah. But as weird as this is to say' the Raiders probably had a better offense. The line, recievers, back...all more consistently good than Green Bays.

Running back is a wash.

Also, are you saying having James Jones as a number 1 target could hurt a QB's performance? Pretty ironic after what went on in this thread last year. 

Running back is a wash.

Also, are you saying having James Jones as a number 1 target could hurt a QB's performance? Pretty ironic after what went on in this thread last year.

You were comparing them this year. Last year is irrelevant to your comparison.

The bigger problem is the O line for green bay. Rodgers is still the best QB in the league. Carr is still a young promising qb. But that's where it stops and I have yet to see this transcendent skill set that this thread is based on.

mayanh8's now coming out of the woodworks like "I want this action too" but during the season:

What are you talking about? I've been around. Don't get all bitter because you lost a bet.

Crappy season?????  61/1%, 32TD/13INT, 3,987yds,  91QBR is a crappy season for a 2nd year guy???

Where do you guys live, Planet Denial?

Don't forget the 10 fumbles.

Had to get on because others couldn't/refused... not really 'earned', it was gifted to him.

Not that the Pro Bowl means ish as it is. It's worthless, other than them getting a paid vacation to Hawaii (is it in Hawaii this year?) Short of that, worthless.

Come back when he's named to the All-Pro team. That has MUCH more meaning... and I don't say this because he's Carrbage Time, I've said this even when McNabb was gifted Pro Bowl spots and I say it every year when the Pro Bowl team is named... worthless, meaningless.

Funny how the same individuals that proudly sang Foles' accomplishments during his miraculous '13 season, including the Pro Bowl MVP, are now saying the Pro Bowl doesn't count for anything. Dude's a baller, and we'd be infinitely better as a team had the Eagles cashed in a year early on Foles and drafted Carr.

Funny how the same individuals that proudly sang Foles' accomplishments during his miraculous '13 season, including the Pro Bowl MVP, are now saying the Pro Bowl doesn't count for anything. Dude's a baller, and we'd be infinitely better as a team had the Eagles cashed in a year early on Foles and drafted Carr.

Works both ways ... also funny how individuals who discredited Foles' by saying that the Pro Bowl is a meaningless accomplishment want to point to it as a meaningful accomplishment now.

I've said before that Carr is a good prospect & has had a nice start to his career.  Still don't see any sort of transcendent skill set.

What's funny is that you actually took it seriously and couldn't tell that you were being trolled...

:lol:

Funny how the same individuals that proudly sang Foles' accomplishments during his miraculous '13 season, including the Pro Bowl MVP, are now saying the Pro Bowl doesn't count for anything.

You mean people like you? I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what you said when people brought it up.

And change your Fing avatar.

Pro Bowl QBs now consist of Eli Manning, Jameis Winston, Tyrod Taylor, Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr.   :roll:

Pro Bowl QBs now consist of Eli Manning, Jameis Winston, Tyrod Taylor, Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr.   :roll:

WOW! That is a motley looking crew.

Ross Tucker named the QBs on his morning show, this morning, and pretty much called it a sham to have those QBs in the Pro Bowl.

If they're going to have this game, they need to move it back to the week AFTER the Super Bowl and they need to find a way to make those that are selected, show up. Well, 'make' them show up isn't really the right phrase. Incentivize it enough that they will show up.

What could they do to make sure those that are selected actually show up? If you don't show up, unless certified as 'injured' by a league medical staff, your potential induction into the Hall of Fame is delayed by an additional 5 years upon becoming eligible? lol

Seriously though, they should get rid of the game and make it a skills competition, like ESPN used to air. Those were awesome.

That's why it's silly when people cite "Pro Bowl" with things like FA acquisitions or cutting players.  "Former Pro Bowler."  Ok, so that one year that everyone else was injured, in the SuperBowl or just lost a playoff game and is claiming injury to get out of it...yeah that one year he was a fluke, great.  Plenty of Eagles players have become "Pro Bowl players" that way too.

What matters is the All-Pro team.

Pro Bowl QBs now consist of Eli Manning, Jameis Winston, Tyrod Taylor, Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr. :roll:

dear god that's pathetic. As if the pro bowl wasnt a laughing stock already..

This is not a knock on Carr who I have repeatedly said is a good prospect who has had a nice start to his career.  But, come on, there is zero pass rush in the Pro Bowl and certainly no threat of being hit ... any NFL QB can throw that ball.