rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

EagleJoe:

Does Carr have a better arm? Absolutely.

Is he more accurate throwing down the field? Absolutely.

Show me a throw Foles makes that Carr has never made.

I don't follow Carr. I don't have a mancrush on him. What I do know, is you have posted multiple gifs of Carr throwing incomplete passes and a few completions that look nothing special. Despite Foles' struggles this season, I have seen him throw deep, intermediate, and short passes well. You have done absolutely nothing to show Carr is this all world talent you make him out to be and your gifs are an absolute joke. Especially the throw he threw in NE that was under thrown and incomplete. The same type of throw you and your ilk have critized Foles for.

Now, I'm not a stat guy. However, seeing as how y'all are of the stats persuasion here's some stats for you.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000301083/article/nfc-executive-fresno-states-derek-carr-not-a-firstround-talent  

He is more like an RG3 does not even know how to play in a pro offense .... they dumbed it down for him ...... Only reason he got drafted when he did was

1.  The raiders need  

2 really bad draft class .... they missed there chance in 2012

NFC executive: Fresno State's Derek Carr 'not a first-round talent'

Plenty of NFL teams need quarterbacks and will be willing to draft one in the first round. Derek Carr of Fresno State projects as the top senior quarterback in the 2014 NFL Draft. Ergo, Carr is a lock to go in the first round, correct?

Ranking the bowl teams' prospects
0ap2000000300277.jpgFrom Alabama all the way down to Navy, Bucky Brooks ranks every bowl team -- all 70 of them -- based on the quality of each team's top NFL draft prospects. More ...

Not so, according to one NFC personnel executive that spoke with NFL Media reporter Albert Breer.

"I like him, but he's not a first-round talent. His athletic ability and arm strength, he's just not dynamic," the executive said.

Carr has thrown for an FBS-leading 4,866 yards and 48 touchdowns against seven interceptions this season, but an AFC general manager downplayed the level of competition against which Carr compiled those gaudy numbers and pointed to several areas of his game that need to be refined.

"Good arm, accurate, quick release, but he's not in a pro offense," the general manager said. "He needs to develop better awareness, anticipation and pocket presence. He can help himself in the bowl game and Senior Bowl."

I don't follow Carr. I don't have a mancrush on him. What I do know, is you have posted multiple gifs of Carr throwing incomplete passes and a few completions that look nothing special. Despite Foles' struggles this season, I have seen him throw deep, intermediate, and short passes well. You have done absolutely nothing to show Carr is this all world talent you make him out to be and your gifs are an absolute joke. Especially the throw he threw in NE that was under thrown and incomplete. The same type of throw you and your ilk have critized Foles for.

Compare and contrast:

FolesOutRoute.gif

CarrBackShoulder.gif

I would be baffled if rstarter is at least 18 years old. 

Compare and contrast:

FolesOutRoute.gif

CarrBackShoulder.gif

As typical of you, you post one bad gif vs one good gif, and think that proves a point.

Carr is 0-4.

I'm not computer savvy enough to create gifs, so do me a favor. Post a gif of Foles' 2nd TD pass to Matthews in traffic, and re-post the gif of Carr under throwing his receiver in the endzone against the Pats.

I'm going to use those to make my argument that Foles has a better arm than Carr.

You know, since we're allowed to cherry pick plays.

Better arm.

More athletic.

Smart with line of scrimmage adjustments.

Much more accurate with deep and intermediate passes.

Unfortunately, he's got no offensive weapons to speak of. Who is he throwing the ball to?

Oh, you :roll:

This applies quite well to rstarter

denial.gif?w=435&h=347

As typical of you, you post one bad gif vs one good gif, and think that proves a point.

Carr is 0-4.

I like how he's comparing throws each made on two completely different routes.

The Eagles did fire a head coach with Foles too, though.

Not while he was the starter though

Show me a throw Foles makes that Carr has never made.

B92MRk.gif

You know how many 20 yard passes Carr has completed down the middle of the field in the NFL? 

None.

L

O

L

Will Derek Carr be the 1st QB in NFL history to lose 4 consecutive games under 2 different coaches in the same season ??

With his seam pass?  Anything is possible. . . :roll:

Gruden may be interested in the Raiders job, but according to reports, a prerequisite of his return to coaching is the team having a franchise QB.  Raiders will have to draft Mariota to get Gruden to sign on.