rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Did Carrbage time start yet ??

Im waiting for more videos and pics   then more huge lettering of I told yas so  :excited: :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Carr finished with only 117 yards, completing 17 of 41 passes. His 2.9 yards per attempt was the lowest for a Raiders quarterback since JaMarcus Russell was roaming the Raiderssideline.

 

 

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Derek Carr's differnetial between intended and completed air yards was the 5th worst mark by a QB with 40+ attempts this year #NextGenStats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2016 at 11:50 PM, CarrbageTime said:

I still don't watch the games, as I'm pretty beat after watching the Birds play. The sword cuts both ways also; y'all were eager to put your 2 cents in whenever Carr lost. Now? Yeah, quiet as church mice. What else is there to say, other than

 

I

TOLD

YOU

SO

!!!!

 

14 hours ago, CarrbageTime said:

Let him be he clearly knows what he's talking about.

 

13 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

I guess you will be at church when KC smacks Lil Pinky out of first place tonite .

 

13 hours ago, CarrbageTime said:

:roll: SUCKING  :roll: 

 

13 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

i didnt ask what you wish your were doing to Carr   I asked about the game 

 

13 hours ago, CarrbageTime said:

Ok dude don't forget this L on your way out

Dat Arm doe    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000753859/Derek-Carr-struggles-vs-Chiefs 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000440504/Week-14-Chiefs-vs-Cardinals-highlights

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you're telling me we're not getting any GIFs posted from last nights game? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take all that long for him to post every single completion made last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the eff do you only complete 17 of 41 attempts when you're throwing checkdown passes almost exclusively. :roll:

The first big game of Carr's career and he choked hard.  Also, it's starting to look like he can't play in cold weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whoever had police do a wellness check last year on Rtarter last year might need to do another .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The traffic here is something else. Wonder where all these roaches were the last...oh couple of months.

I got y'all on the gifs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KzEaglefan86 said:

How the eff do you only complete 17 of 41 attempts when you're throwing checkdown passes almost exclusively. :roll:

The first big game of Carr's career and he choked hard.  Also, it's starting to look like he can't play in cold weather.

Id say the Denver game was a big one too... He did well that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CarrbageTime said:

Won't be able to watch the game but I'll be here come rain or shine.

Meaning you will come back next week if he wins  , as its been like that for 2 years .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:33 PM, Mrkingofspades said:

Ummm.... OK Dude! 

:roll::facepalm:

I would love to know whose stats you find impressive.

Like Brees and Brady?  Matt Ryan has been playing great this season. I'd say I've been impressed by what Matt Ryan has done this season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those guys have played well too. Denying that Carr has had an impressive season is crazy though.

Brees - 3,913 yards 30TDs 11INts

Still taking advantage of weak defenses, OAK included. He struggles against tough defenses, much like any QB and like Carr last night against the Chiefs. 

Matt Ryan - 3,813 yards 27TDs 7INTs

Derek Carr - 3,492 yards 24TDs 5INTs

To deny Carr developing into one of the better QBs in this league is a little bias. 

Left Brady out because of the 4 games, but he's the best in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Id say the Denver game was a big one too... He did well that game.

If he did well, it must not have been a big game.  Dude is a choker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Those guys have played well too. Denying that Carr has had an impressive season is crazy though.

Brees - 3,913 yards 30TDs 11INts

Still taking advantage of weak defenses, OAK included. He struggles against tough defenses, much like any QB and like Carr last night against the Chiefs. 

Matt Ryan - 3,813 yards 27TDs 7INTs

Derek Carr - 3,492 yards 24TDs 5INTs

To deny Carr developing into one of the better QBs in this league is a little bias. 

Left Brady out because of the 4 games, but he's the best in the game.

 

you just dont get it do you ......  Try reading through the whole thread all 216 pages   then maybe you will see what most of us  have already said  about Carr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

 

you just dont get it do you ......  Try reading through the whole thread all 216 pages   then maybe you will see what most of us  have already said  about Carr

I've been here since some of the very first pages of this thread. I know the shtick here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2016 at 3:33 PM, Mrkingofspades said:
17 hours ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Those guys have played well too. Denying that Carr has had an impressive season is crazy though.

Brees - 3,913 yards 30TDs 11INts

Still taking advantage of weak defenses, OAK included. He struggles against tough defenses, much like any QB and like Carr last night against the Chiefs. 

Matt Ryan - 3,813 yards 27TDs 7INTs

Derek Carr - 3,492 yards 24TDs 5INTs

To deny Carr developing into one of the better QBs in this league is a little bias. 

Left Brady out because of the 4 games, but he's the best in the game.

Look, I won't deny that Carr is a starter in the league.  He's just not the guy who's gonna set the league on fire and rewrite all of the records the way this thread has gone on for 216 pages.  CarrbageTime has been hyping this guy up for pages and pages with silly GIFs and stupid comparisons that are so biased, he makes Rush Limbaugh look like a flaming liberal.

You know this conversation can now go 50 different ways from here.  I'll argue Ryan's completion percentage, you argue that he has better players, I'll argue this and you'll come back with that.

 

So far Carr looks like he has a future in the league, but he's not been impressive enough to me to crown him the second coming of Brett favre, Dan marino or John elway.  Right now he's right there with a Blake Bortles.  He'll look good for some games, And stink it up for others.  (See Denver game, another good defense that made him look terrible)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Vee said:

You know this conversation can now go 50 different ways from here.  I'll argue Ryan's completion percentage, you argue that he has better players, I'll argue this and you'll come back with that.

 

So far Carr looks like he has a future in the league, but he's not been impressive enough to me to crown him the second coming of Brett favre, Dan marino or John elway.  Right now he's right there with a Blake Bortles.  He'll look good for some games, And stink it up for others.  (See Denver game, another good defense that made him look terrible)

There's nothing to argue, both Matt Ryan and Derek Carr are having good seasons based on any standards.

No one is crowning him the second coming of anybody, except the person that started the thread, but to say he hasn't been impressive with three years in the league, it sounds ridiculous to me.

Every QB that has ever played has looked bad at times, so that isn't a very fair statement to make. To say he is having a season that's right there with Blake Bottles is laughable. 

Bottles - 2,930 yards 20TDs 15INTs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrkingofspades said:

There's nothing to argue, both Matt Ryan and Derek Carr are having good seasons based on any standards.

No one is crowning him the second coming of anybody, except the person that started the thread, but to say he hasn't been impressive with three years in the league, it sounds ridiculous to me.

Every QB that has ever played has looked bad at times, so that isn't a very fair statement to make. To say he is having a season that's right there with Blake Bottles is laughable. 

Bottles - 2,930 yards 20TDs 15INTs

still dont get it ....  :chair:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

still dont get it ....  :chair:

Actually, you don't get it. Dude, once again, I've been in this thread since the beginning pages. Now I think its just a little dumb to continue to deny a player being good because of a lame joke. Let the thread rot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Actually, you don't get it. Dude, once again, I've been in this thread since the beginning pages. Now I think its just a little dumb to continue to deny a player being good because of a lame joke. Let the thread rot.

no really you dont obviously .  Its not even about this thread  . You might not even been on this board when it started almost 3 years ago .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2014 at 2:30 PM, Mrkingofspades said:

http://birdbreakdown.com/2014/03/03/qb-velocity-rankings-nick-foles-has-an-objectively-strong-arm/

According to this article, Nick Foles ranks fairly high amongst who we consider elite Quarterbacks. Now I understand Derek Carr is not up there.

I live in the Fresno area rstarter and know a lot more about Derek Carr than you do. Comparing him to Nick Foles, I think Nick Foles looks a lot better. He has great pocket awareness, stands tall, and delivers a great ball on most of his throws. He also reads coverages and blitzes quite well and deceives the defenses with his eyes a lot, he is rarely ever a one read guy. His arm strength isn't, let say elite status, but he does have good arm strength, better than Brees and Manning at this point in their careers and look what they do with less arm strength. So your argument about arm strength is slightly invalid.

Derek Carr has good arm strength as well, but not elite, I don't know where you get that from? In college he struggles against blitzes at times and at points he was a one read guy, mainly because of the offense. Carr isn't some super elite athlete either I mean you make it sound like he has the athleticism of Russell Wilson, when in fact it's more like big Ben. I will agree with you though, that I think Carr could have thrived in this type of offense because it is very similar to certain Fresno State schemes, with the screens, TE routes, and shotgun sets, but Foles can really succeed in this offense as well, did you ever actually watch Foles at Arizona?

Point is not to dismiss Derek Carr, as I hope he has a good career being from the area, and I think he may be a good QB in a few years, but the way you dismiss Foles is incredibly bias in comparison to your worship of Carr.

Keep telling yourself that.

I also remember his Derek Carr thread in IWTETG. 

Which is where most of the hate stemmed from. The hate of Foles and the ****y of Carr was blatant, but seriously. This has gotten ridiculous. This thread needs to die. So I am going to withdraw from the conversations here for the time being. 

Rstarter, I want to give praise to you calling that Derek Carr would be a good QB, as others had as well. Ill give him some more time before I label him elite though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Keep telling yourself that.

I also remember his Derek Carr thread in IWTETG. 

Which is where most of the hate stemmed from. The hate of Foles and the ****y of Carr was blatant, but seriously. This has gotten ridiculous. This thread needs to die. So I am going to withdraw from the conversations here for the time being. 

Rstarter, I want to give praise to you calling that Derek Carr would be a good QB, as others had as well. Ill give him some more time before I label him elite though. 

like I said you still dont get it ......   It was just not in IWTEG  or this thread .   Threads that had nothing to do with QBs he barked things that never happened or would ever happen .  ALmost everyone said Carr is a good QB  . But outrageous claims   LOL   

BTW you dont like the thread then dont read it .  Got to love them  millennial   Liberals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

like I said you still dont get it ......   It was just not in IWTEG  or this thread .   Threads that had nothing to do with QBs he barked things that never happened or would ever happen .  ALmost everyone said Carr is a good QB  . But outrageous claims   LOL   

BTW you dont like the thread then dont read it .  Got to love them  millennial   Liberals 

Yes I do get it. I know he stated it in multiple threads. Knowing his name is Rstarter, knowing the username change bet, everything friend. 

Ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was supposed to have redefined the elite category in the NFL.  I think in his rookie year.  (I could be wrong about the rookie year, but by Year 3, Carr was supposed to be a household name for sure)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now