rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, back2nj said:

He can no longer put up an argument about Foles .Having been proven so, so wrong. Now he has switched it to Wentz  not being better than Carr?  This guy is definitely on some brain altering drug. Or is just plain stupid. :chair:

 

Or maybe he's in love? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Pretty sure we all know who with.

Image result for shirtless derek carr Image result for shirtless derek carr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So imagine my surprise when I logged on to my account after, what 4 months give or take and seeing over 20 notifications about Derek Carr. Now, if we're being serious about my absence on the boards I'd point to my opting to no longer support the NFL, financially or otherwise. To wit: I no longer have Directv, and save for the game highlights on Youtube I've not watched any NFL games broadcast in my area.

If y'all want to crown Foles/Wentz/etc I say go ahead. I'm no longer invested in this crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rstarter said:

If y'all want to crown Foles/Wentz/etc I say go ahead. I'm no longer invested in this crap.

In other words, you admit you were never really an Eagles fan to begin with. What a surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

In other words, you admit you were never really an Eagles fan to begin with. What a surprise.

Give the guy a break man, it’s hard to stay invested in something when your hero is not even as good as some teams back up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, on a positive note, Derek Carr did throw the winning TD pass in the Pro Bowl yesterday afternoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rstarter said:

So imagine my surprise when I logged on to my account after, what 4 months give or take and seeing over 20 notifications about Derek Carr. Now, if we're being serious about my absence on the boards I'd point to my opting to no longer support the NFL, financially or otherwise. To wit: I no longer have Directv, and save for the game highlights on Youtube I've not watched any NFL games broadcast in my area.

If y'all want to crown Foles/Wentz/etc I say go ahead. I'm no longer invested in this crap.

So you basically took your ball and went home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hey, on a positive note, Derek Carr did throw the winning TD pass in the Pro Bowl yesterday afternoon. 

Dude, Nick Foles was the pro bowl MVP, DC has a long way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Raider friend of mine texted me about how Carr beat Goff in the Precision PAss compitition.  Bro, my team in is the Super Bowl. And your texting me about the this? GTFOOH!!

On a side note, this thread is about as useful as an Ongoing Case Keenum thread. Kill it dead already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foles breaks more playoff records again and is now in a position to win the Eagles a Super Bowl on Sunday and this cockroach can't watch football now. Get lost cockroach! :roll::roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rstarter said:

If y'all want to crown Foles/Wentz/etc I say go ahead. I'm no longer invested in this crap.

Be a man, do as RememberTheKoy did and admit you were wrong about... well, everything, in your case.

Eat a little crow, you'll earn a little respect and people will begin to leave you alone... for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rstarter said:

So imagine my surprise when I logged on to my account after, what 4 months give or take and seeing over 20 notifications about Derek Carr. Now, if we're being serious about my absence on the boards I'd point to my opting to no longer support the NFL, financially or otherwise. To wit: I no longer have Directv, and save for the game highlights on Youtube I've not watched any NFL games broadcast in my area.

If y'all want to crown Foles/Wentz/etc I say go ahead. I'm no longer invested in this crap.

Seems legit.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I am no longer invested in the NFL anymore. That's why I go onto an NFL team's message board and talk about not being invested in the NFL anymore."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us not forget that he visited before Christmas (since the Eagles were playing the Raiders the following night), but he did not use his 'rstarter' name, he came in and tried to post incognito (not Richie). But was immediately called out as being who he really was... after two posts, he deleted both and vanished. Never to be heard from (as Java15) again.

He never expected to be 'found out' as being a clone :lol: 

 

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, Java15 said:

Funny how cocky everyone in here is now after groveling at rstarter's feet last season and swearing you were "just kidding the whole time."

 

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, Java15 said:

When you get Peyton Manning's nuts out of the back of your throat and admit that he was never in Brady's league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to close this thread.  It’s over.

Not gonna be much fun without rstarter posting gifs.

I’m sure it’ll get resurrected as soon as Carr does something good, but until then, it’s over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, downundermike said:

Dude, Nick Foles was the pro bowl MVP, DC has a long way to go.

 Right , and that was with Prime gushing over Andrew Luck .... I thought prime was gonna propose to him at one point.  Prime ws about to Take NIck out and put Luck back in  .... then Nick started killing it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, rstarter said:

my absence on the boards

Why did you log in as @Java15 before Christmas, then delete all (both) of your posts when you were called out as being you? Why not just fess up to using a clone because you didn't want to log in as yourself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derek Carr is the man!!! It wasn't a good year for him, Idk if it was accumulation of all his injuries, or just on a horrible team, bad mojo, combo of everything? He is definitely still a great QB though. Not every year will go as planned. Especially with a dysfunctional franchise like the Raiders. A horrible year for him is completing 62% of his passes 22td 13int and making the pro bowl. Career so far 103td 44int. That's an average of 26tds and 11ints per year. Pretty damn good for his first 4 seasons in the NFL on one of the worst NFL franchises the past 15 years.

All NFL QBs go through seasons like this even legendary QBs Brady, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Elway, Marino, etc.. Look at their season by season stats. Please stop hating on Derek Carr guys?I usually post in here once a year defending Carr? I'm a Fresno, CA guy just like Carr, he is a good dude. Same goes for his brother David and the Kendricks brothers. I'm proud of them and all the hate in this thread makes me wanna vomit lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Derek Carr is the man!!!

Was he better than Aaron Rodgers directly after the draft (before his first training camp)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Was he better than Aaron Rodgers directly after the draft (before his first training camp)?

Obviously not and if this rstarter guy or anyone else said that, then I would give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up as pure excitement for the player. I don't see anything wrong with that.

If someone truly believed that then they are not a rational person. There's a small percentage of people in that category. If you come across someone who is in that group, spending countless time trying to bring them down further and actually rooting against the player for years snickering at every little thing that goes wrong is a D move. 229 pages and almost 4 years is pathetic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Obviously not and if this rstarter guy or anyone else said that, then I would give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up as pure excitement for the player. I don't see anything wrong with that.

If someone truly believed that then they are not a rational person. There's a small percentage of people in that category. If you come across someone who is in that group, spending countless time trying to bring them down further and actually rooting against the player for years snickering at every little thing that goes wrong is a D move. 229 pages and almost 4 years is pathetic

It's definitely rstarter. When he was drafted, rstarter declared Carr to be the greatest player to ever be drafted (or words to that effect). I think he's since gone through and deleted those posts though, but they'd been quoted and he can't delete those quotes.

You seem new to the thread though, and I know you're not going to read 229 pages to catch up. But keep in mind that there's 229 pages, you can't come in and just instantly understand what the thread is just by reading the last few posts or even the last few pages. So when attempting to declare something a 'D move' or 'pathetic', you probably ought to try to be at least a little informed on the topic of discussion. Maybe have some understanding of the 'in your face!' and 'I know more than anyone alive!' attitude from the OP that has fueled 229 pages and will continue to fuel it for at least a little while longer, and deservedly so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's definitely rstarter. When he was drafted, rstarter declared Carr to be the greatest player to ever be drafted (or words to that effect). I think he's since gone through and deleted those posts though, but they'd been quoted and he can't delete those quotes.

You seem new to the thread though, and I know you're not going to read 229 pages to catch up. But keep in mind that there's 229 pages, you can't come in and just instantly understand what the thread is just by reading the last few posts or even the last few pages. So when attempting to declare something a 'D move' or 'pathetic', you probably ought to try to be at least a little informed on the topic of discussion. Maybe have some understanding of the 'in your face!' and 'I know more than anyone alive!' attitude from the OP that has fueled 229 pages and will continue to fuel it for at least a little while longer, and deservedly so.

 

I am not new to the thread. I have chimed in at least once or twice a year. I have defended rstarter a couple of times against the hooligans in this thread. They probably will be coming after me again and give some bs about being on a high horse blah blah...just like the last time and the time before that. They also complained and tried to make fun of the way I write and how I break things up in paragraphs? Lol. Maybe you should take your own advice about being informed before attempting to declare something??

It's 1 poster vs everyone in this thread just because he was excited about a player coming out. I could care less about rstarter, I am defending Derek Carr. We are from the same city and I am an old friend of his brother. The negativity towards Carr is ridiculous. All because 1 person claimed he is gonna be greatest QB. Its crazy that 1 poster can have this much of an affect on people and made all of you root against Derek Carr. All this thread does is expose everyone's insecurities and it is a pathetic display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

... hooligans...

... on a high horse ...

:lol: 

Thank you for the laugh. Helps break up the day before the Super Bowl.

If the Eagles win tomorrow, in the words of Mike Quick, it's gonna 'get turned up in here'. If Foles were to win MVP, it'll be off the charts. That would be a 'drop the mic' moment and the thread could then be retired to the EMB Hall of Fame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well glad I made you laugh at least. Whether it's with me or at me ? I'm trying to keep my mind on other things besides the game tomorrow even though it's impossible. Here I am on the EMB. Politics, other sports, this thread, I'm trying. It's a superstition of mine leading up to important games, when I played the game I was the same way. I hope Nick Foles does win the super bowl MVP award, that would be amazing. I am an Eagles fan first and foremost.

I don't agree it's a drop the mic moment though. If it is it will be the same type of drop the mic moment as this Lol... 

At the time it's funny, but long term the drop the mic moment could prove to be a dud. Nick has been great in the playoffs, but he plays for the Eagles who are the best TEAM. I would still choose Carr long term over Foles, but I would choose Wentz over both easily. That's just my humble opinion. We will see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now