rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

On 9/8/2014 at 9:35 PM, rstarter said:

His stats weren't the best, but he had some pretty good throws. He needs continued work on his footwork though, and he'll graduate from "mini-Aaron" to elite status in no time.

BackShoulder.gif

Wrong.

On 9/20/2014 at 7:28 AM, rstarter said:

He has a higher completion percentage than our incredibly accurate QB. He has the same TD/INT ratio as well. As far as his ability to throw the football, dude's got the arm that can make any throw. Accurately. With touch, or without.

CarrSeam.gif

Classic rstarter:  posting a gif of an incomplete pass.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, NE.Jon said:

.... Rtarter did though .  He did it by leaving forums and not come back .  The day he made the Alt Account and posted here was the day we knew he lost the Wrntz , Foles  vs Carr debate

Did we ever find out what happened to him?  He went from celebrating the contract in June to not caring about football at all 6-8 months later.  Something traumatic must have happened to him.  Poor guy, I hope he is ok.

13 minutes ago, paco said:

Did we ever find out what happened to him?  He went from celebrating the contract in June to not caring about football at all 6-8 months later.  Something traumatic must have happened to him.  Poor guy, I hope he is ok.

I think he tried to blame it in part on the players kneeling, sounds like a cop out to me.

Hey!  Carr finally made it to Canton.

(by taking a pic of SB LII MVP Nick Foles and his kid!)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/16/hall-of-fame-honors-super-bowl-photograph-of-nick-foles-and-his-daughter/

Hall of Fame honors Super Bowl photograph of Nick Foles and his daughter

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 16, 2018, 6:18 PM EDT
gettyimages-914350252-e1526497537356.jpg
Getty Images

A perfect moment for Nick Foles is being immortalized at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

After Foles was named Super Bowl MVP for leading the Eagles to the championship, he celebrated with his daughter, Lily. The moment was captured by Getty Images staff photographer Rob Carr.

Carr’s photograph has been chosen as the winner of the Dave Boss Award of Excellence in the 50th Annual Pro Football Hall of Fame Photo Contest.

The Hall of Fame will recognize Carr at this summer’s enshrinement ceremonies, and his photograph of Nick and Lily Foles will go on display at the Hall of Fame.

How great would it be if Nick took Carrs place :D  I could see Nick doing very well with Oak and Gruden 

On 1/29/2018 at 6:34 AM, rstarter said:

So imagine my surprise when I logged on to my account after, what 4 months give or take and seeing over 20 notifications about Derek Carr. Now, if we're being serious about my absence on the boards I'd point to my opting to no longer support the NFL, financially or otherwise. To wit: I no longer have Directv, and save for the game highlights on Youtube I've not watched any NFL games broadcast in my area.

If y'all want to crown Foles/Wentz/etc I say go ahead. I'm no longer invested in this crap.

Poor rstarter.  So invested in his belief in another teams QB he had to stop watching football just before the team he claims to be a fan of hoists the Lombardi trophy.

Now did the end to his football fandom happen because the guy he propped up continues to disappoint, and the guy who he dismissed while propping up his guy won the super bowl, I will let you all be the judge.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Poor rstarter.  So invested in his belief in another teams QB he had to stop watching football just before the team he claims to be a fan of hoists the Lombardi trophy.

Now did the end to his football fandom happen because the guy he propped up continues to disappoint, and the guy who he dismissed while propping up his guy won the super bowl, I will let you all be the judge.

Dam Millennials.  THey are the reason I left the Marine Corps ... although they were better then no Marine ones ... but still bad enough 

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

Sounds like a classic case of "I'm taking my ball and going home!"

No matter how many Super Bowls Nick Foles wins, he will never be able to make all the throws, because he just doesn't have the arm talent of Derrick Carr.

And who else does, really?  No one, that's who.

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Sounds like a classic case of "I'm taking my ball and going home!"

how does a TRUE and REAL Eagles fan quit the NFL hwen the team they say they are a fan of have the season we did.... let alone win the SB.

I cant stand trolls and fan from other teams that lie and pretend to be Eagles fans. When Im on other teams boards I make sure its known I'm an Eagles fan . I seem to get more respect from it that way ... I know I respect the others that come to this board more 

On 2/5/2018 at 10:57 AM, back2nj said:

All the fans we lost during the season are rejoicing with us from up above. I am convinced that rstarter  has been with us all along under the SN of RememberThe Koy.

I agree.

9 hours ago, drewg22 said:

I agree.

I am sure they are two different people.

I am not sure which one you just offended.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:47 AM, downundermike said:

And it’s not like it was just any super bowl win. It had an underdog story. It had the big bad patriots.  It had the cast off QB. It had redemption. It had philly philly.  It had it all.  Poor rstarter 

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

And it’s not like it was just any super bowl win. It had an underdog story. It had the big bad patriots.  It had the cast off QB. It had redemption. It had philly philly.  It had it all.  Poor rstarter 

The Nick Foles aspect is one of the most poetically beautiful things I've ever seen, at least where the EMB and a few specific members are concerned.

I mean, could it have worked out any more beautifully? An epic EMB story!

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Nick Foles aspect is one of the most poetically beautiful things I've ever seen, at least where the EMB and a few specific members are concerned.

I mean, could it have worked out any more beautifully? An epic EMB story!

It really is. I couldn’t have wanted out 1st super bowl win to have gone any differently

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

It really is. I couldn’t have wanted out 1st super bowl win gongonany differently

Yeah, it would have been just as great to have Carson win it in his second season, having also won league MVP then go on to win the Super Bowl AND Super Bowl MVP, but then there's no 'underdog' story and no masks and the beauty of the Nick Foles redemption story was absolutely perfect in every aspect. Both from a league wide aspect and an EMB 'Troll the Trolls' aspect.

48 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, it would have been just as great to have Carson win it in his second season, having also won league MVP then go on to win the Super Bowl AND Super Bowl MVP, but then there's no 'underdog' story and no masks and the beauty of the Nick Foles redemption story was absolutely perfect in every aspect. Both from a league wide aspect and an EMB 'Troll the Trolls' aspect.

It’s so surreal. I was at that rams game.  And when Carson went down and nick came in and held off the rams it didn’t feel anything like it does looking back on it all now. At the time it was a hollow victory and the likelyness fingering knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs

Rams fans where crushed though losing that game.  But I kept saying how they actually lost the battle but if we lost wentz for the season they probably won the war. 

Now I see it and that moment when foles ran on to the field against the team that public ally cut like some scrub was the beginning of one of the most improbable redemption  stories in nfl history. 

On 5/19/2018 at 11:42 AM, NE.Jon said:

how does a TRUE and REAL Eagles fan quit the NFL hwen the team they say they are a fan of have the season we did.... let alone win the SB.

I cant stand trolls and fan from other teams that lie and pretend to be Eagles fans. When Im on other teams boards I make sure its known I'm an Eagles fan . I seem to get more respect from it that way ... I know I respect the others that come to this board more 

He was a vick fan. Not an eagles fan. Notice during 2013 he switched all his love to carr. Even during wentz rookie year it was all about how we should have drafted carr. This year as wentz/foles combine to win the bowl he "quits watching".

Almost 4 years since this thread was started, and I am still trying to figure out who this Derek Carr guy is?

52 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Almost 4 years since this thread was started, and I am still trying to figure out who this Derek Carr guy is?

Problem is... So are the Raiders! ?

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

The 4th best QB in the league according to his brother.