rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

On 10/24/2018 at 1:50 PM, BKLYNYG said:

To be completely honest, I've only seen Carr play 5 or 6 times. I have no clue if he is a good or bad QB.

Then you should probably just STFU and lurk in another thread then. This thread is barely about Carr as it is. And I’ve seen him play too damn much. He doesn’t have the balls to be a starting nfl qb, let alone a franchise qb. He’s been doing the same things he’s done since he was a rookie. 

- his footwork is still shoddy

- he’s athletic but doesn’t display it nearly enough  

- horrible under pressure

- pocket presence is lacking.

- has no balls. And you have to have balls to be a good qb in this league. He will not throw the ball down the field on money downs and he will make a token check downfield only to throw a short dumpoff time and time again. You better be wide open because he still doesn’t know how to fit a pass in a window in a zone.

he’s talented. Dat arm talent and all that. Really quick release. He’s quite athletic too. But talent without production (and courage) isn’t franchise qb worthy. 

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Benched tonight. But I'm sure he looked good before getting pulled. Probably better than Aaron Rodgers anyway.

It was a HOF worthy benching 

I watched the first half and after the play where the tackle was pushed into his way there was a time out and you could tell he wasn't happy.

Make fun of him all you want, they wouldn’t hold a tiebreaker over Cleveland without him.

12 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Only 78 yards passing for the first half today.

Playing out the string.  The writing is on the wall, he knows he is gone in the off season.  Off to Jersey to play in the NFCE and show us how bad he is twice a year.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Only 78 yards passing for the first half today.

this after 11 attempts ...that's like 2 yds an attempt...yikes. I know he has had some good games over the course of his career. But I still am trying to  figure out what rstarter saw in him.

10 minutes ago, back2nj said:

this after 11 attempts ...that's like 2 yds an attempt...yikes. I know he has had some good games over the course of his career. But I still am trying to  figure out what rstarter saw in him.

He thought that his College game would translate 100% to the NFL. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

In the right situation, Carr can be a good QB. Just not the 'greatest QB ever drafted in all of NFL History'. lol

Everything about the Oakland Raiders screams "give up.”

But nothing has personified that on the field quite like quarterback Derek Carr on Sunday.

Derek Carr, not cool under pressure

Facing fourth-and-5 while trailing the Los Angeles Chargers 20-6 late in the fourth quarter, Carr found himself under intense pressure from a blitz while dropping back for a pass.

With Melvin Ingram bearing down, Carr faced a quick decision. Get rid of the ball or get leveled.

He got rid of the ball.

Instead of putting the ball where there was a semblance of a chance for a first down, Carr just threw it into the grass in the vicinity of running back Jalen Richard.

https://sports.yahoo.com/derek-carr-throws-ball-away-4th-raiders-005043916.html

Today vs. the Ravens:

16/34 47.1% 194 YDS 1TD 0 INTs 74.88 Passer Rating

Well, I guess that even the greatest QB in the history of the NFL Draft can have a bad day, now and then.

1 hour ago, Greg Garrity said:

This entire season has been Carrbage Time. 

And that's with the Quarterback Whisperer, Jon Gruden, as the head coach.

He's just working his way into mid season form

xtefn2w1l64mkqt8k3lf.jpg 

Ravens linebacker Matthew Judon sacked Raiders QB Derek Carr on three consecutive offensive plays during Baltimore’s 34-17 win Sunday. That’s a rare accomplishment. Since 1982, only one other player has sacked the quarterback three straight times in one game: Colts defensive end Brad Scioli, who did it against ... Derek’s brother David Carr, the Houston Texans’ first QB, who was very good at getting sacked.

The two Carrs are truly in a category of their own:

Carr injured his ankle and had to have it taped after Judon’s first sack, which might have helped the Ravens defender get to him on the next two plays. Carr said he’d be fine for next week’s game against the Chiefs, but really, there should be no rush to get back. The 2-9 Raiders aren’t going anywhere but down.

On 11/11/2018 at 8:16 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He thought that his College game would translate 100% to the NFL. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

In the right situation, Carr can be a good QB. Just not the 'greatest QB ever drafted in all of NFL History'. lol

That was always the issue. Nobody ever said that Carr sucked. It's just that rstarter spammed the entire board, every forum, every thread with his blowhard claims about how transcendent Carr was & how much Foles sucked. 

There was no possible way that Carr could have lived up to the rstarter hype.  The fact that Foles won the SB, while being named MVP, followed by a Carr flameout is just icing on the cake!