rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Carr ended his season with chump performance, while the reigning superbowl MVP tied the consecutive completion record in an elimination game to make the playoffs.

47 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Carr ended his season with chump performance, while the reigning superbowl MVP tied the consecutive completion record in an elimination game to make the playoffs.

Do you think Carr played his last game as the Raider QB yesterday ??

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Do you think Carr played his last game as the Raider QB yesterday ??

Hard to read what Gruden thinks of him to be honest

4 hours ago, boogyman said:

Also set 2 franchise records, adding those to the 7 other franchise records that he already owned.

7 hours ago, boogyman said:

Hard to read what Gruden thinks of him to be honest

Indeed-but would you feel comfortable buying a used Carr from that man if he wanted to move him?

I would not.  Last time I paid attention he was giving pep talks to flattened tires............

20 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Indeed-but would you feel comfortable buying a used Carr from that man if he wanted to move him?

I would not.  Last time I paid attention he was giving pep talks to flattened tires............

I dont think he has to sell the Carr. He can donate th3 Carr and write it off in his taxes

This deserves to be in here. I'm sure that CarrbageTime still visits, either as a clone or a guest. So I'm sure he'll see it...

Depending on how the next 3 games go, Nick could drop (if not go higher), but being that high on the list is a huge accomplishment in and of itself.

PR.PNG.45ceb2ccebeee69e0c00445457f959a3.PNG

Ok, I give up.  I looked that list up and down a dozen time and I can't find Carr.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:58 AM, paco said:

Ok, I give up.  I looked that list up and down a dozen time and I can't find Carr.

One AFC East team executive said he believes there will be an almost "Reggie White-like pursuit" of Foles by teams desperate for a franchise thrower. White, who left the Eagles for the Packers in 1993, is considered the highest-profile free-agent signing of all time.

"There are a lot of teams that will shoot their shot at Foles," one NFC West scout said, "and [should Philly keep him] will be willing to part with substantial draft picks to do it."

There is already rampant speculation about where Foles will end up. One scout believes Raiders coach Jon Gruden will use some of the booty from the Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper trades (two first-rounders for Mack and one for Cooper) to make the Eagles an offer they can't refuse.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814401-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-its-nick-foles-world-were-just-living-in-it

On 12/31/2018 at 2:10 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Also set 2 franchise records, adding those to the 7 other franchise records that he already owned.

Just goes to show that things ...or people aren't always what they seem.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:58 PM, paco said:

Don't you know that invisible people can't be seen? Come on Peco you're much, much smarter than that!😁

On 11/29/2018 at 7:51 PM, Vee said:

Such a magical thread....I love it and I don’t know why.

It's comedy central...such a fun thread to read....with the responses . Hard not to enjoy.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:59 AM, ckudrick said:

That was always the issue. Nobody ever said that Carr sucked. It's just that rstarter spammed the entire board, every forum, every thread with his blowhard claims about how transcendent Carr was & how much Foles sucked. 

There was no possible way that Carr could have lived up to the rstarter hype.  The fact that Foles won the SB, while being named MVP, followed by a Carr flameout is just icing on the cake!

Not that he was showing up much for awhile anyway. But after that  took place. There was absolutely no way  in hades,  he was going to show his face ever again in this thread.

38 minutes ago, back2nj said:

Not that he was showing up much for awhile anyway. But after that  took place. There was absolutely no way  in hades,  he was going to show his face ever again in this thread.

He's still here, lurking in hopes of a couple good games by Carr.

He tried to use a clone once but was immediately sniffed out and immediately deleted all of his posts (2) and immediately stopped posting.

If you remember, there was a bet that rstarter lost and only partially honored. So when the clone started posting and I knew it was him, I asked the clone when he'd honor the bet. The clone then answered for rstarter. He must have forgotten that he was logged in as a clone. Once he did that, he never posted again.

His only two posts as 'Java15':

Clone.thumb.JPG.2508ea087cf60634f60422b4084faa63.JPG

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

One AFC East team executive said he believes there will be an almost "Reggie White-like pursuit" of Foles by teams desperate for a franchise thrower. White, who left the Eagles for the Packers in 1993, is considered the highest-profile free-agent signing of all time.

"There are a lot of teams that will shoot their shot at Foles," one NFC West scout said, "and [should Philly keep him] will be willing to part with substantial draft picks to do it."

There is already rampant speculation about where Foles will end up. One scout believes Raiders coach Jon Gruden will use some of the booty from the Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper trades (two first-rounders for Mack and one for Cooper) to make the Eagles an offer they can't refuse.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814401-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-its-nick-foles-world-were-just-living-in-it

And I was angry that we didn't pull the trigger on Cleveland's 2nd round pick....

49 minutes ago, paco said:

And I was angry that we didn't pull the trigger on Cleveland's 2nd round pick....

Foles getting traded to the Raiders to replace Derek Carr would bring this thread so full circle that it's almost impossible to believe. 

3 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Foles getting traded to the Raiders to replace Derek Carr would bring this thread so full circle that it's almost impossible to believe. 

I would beg the mods to find rstarter and get him back.

50 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I would beg the mods to find rstarter and get him back.

He's here. He's reading everything posted here. He's just doesn't have the guts to actually post.

4 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

That would most assuredly put him on suicide watch . The guy he most hated ,replacing the guy he most loved. Oh, the ironies.

17 hours ago, paco said:

You would have been okay with sending Foles to QB graveyard of NFL (at time) with Hue Jackson. That would have been a d move, considering Foles saved Eagles season last season. Good thing Eagles didn't. Without Foles, they don't get to Playoffs.

12 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

You would have been okay with sending Foles to QB graveyard of NFL (at time) with Hue Jackson. That would have been a d move, considering Foles saved Eagles season last season. Good thing Eagles didn't. Without Foles, they don't get to Playoffs.

At that time for pick 33, you betcha. And given Clevelands draft capital, cap space, and newly constructed FO, its was not nearly as bad as you presented. (And given the huge stides they took this year, that kind of proves it.) 

If anything, for a QB, it was a top landing spot. What other team who was in need of a QB was set up as well as Cleveland?  Jets, Bills and Rwords are a mess. Denver was cash strapped (did very little after signing Keenum) with an aging roster. Giants were determined to stick with Eli. Arizona was cleveland with out the draft picks and young and up and coming talent. Minnesota was probably the only destination that was more desireable (playoff roster with no QB. A unicorn, really). 

15 minutes ago, paco said:

At that time for pick 33, you betcha. And given Clevelands draft capital, cap space, and newly constructed FO, its was not nearly as bad as you presented. (And given the huge stides they took this year, that kind of proves it.) 

If anything, for a QB, it was a top landing spot. What other team who was in need of a QB was set up as well as Cleveland?  Jets, Bills and Rwords are a mess. Denver was cash strapped (did very little after signing Keenum) with an aging roster. Giants were determined to stick with Eli. Arizona was cleveland with out the draft picks and young and up and coming talent. Minnesota was probably the only destination that was more desireable (playoff roster with no QB. A unicorn, really). 

And several months later, Foles once again saves season and gets Eagles to Playoffs.

9 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

And several months later, Foles once again saves season and gets Eagles to Playoffs.

270?cb=20170428085713

On 12/31/2018 at 9:10 AM, boogyman said:

Aw, how this must smart for rstarter/carrbage time.