rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

11 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

And several months later, Foles once again saves season and gets Eagles to Playoffs.

Who would guess it...since according to rstarter/carrbagetime, the only things that Foles had  to his credit was pocket awareness and decision making...the two areas that are incramental to becoming a good QB.That he said was in no comparison to Carrs great arm strength. 

1 hour ago, back2nj said:

Who would guess it...since according to rstarter/carrbagetime, the only things that Foles had  to his credit was pocket awareness and decision making...the two areas that are incramental to becoming a good QB.That he said was in no comparison to Carrs great arm strength. 

Maybe Carr has a slightly stronger arm. But Foles throws a much, much, cant say much enough, better deep ball. 

The Stephen A. Smith hype machine caught a boost of adrenaline when, out of nowhere, Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr appeared to challenge him to a fight.

Carr, mad that Smith’s "First Take” partner Max Kellerman had the gall to criticize him for his play this season, definitely wanted a go at Kellerman. Or at least he said he did when asking UFC boss Dana White about setting up a cage match with the ESPN host via Twitter on Wednesday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/stephen-smith-touts-credentials-tells-derek-carr-check-fight-challenge-050346829.html

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:49 PM, paco said:
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:27 PM, downundermike said:

One AFC East team executive said he believes there will be an almost "Reggie White-like pursuit" of Foles by teams desperate for a franchise thrower. White, who left the Eagles for the Packers in 1993, is considered the highest-profile free-agent signing of all time.

"There are a lot of teams that will shoot their shot at Foles," one NFC West scout said, "and [should Philly keep him] will be willing to part with substantial draft picks to do it."

There is already rampant speculation about where Foles will end up. One scout believes Raiders coach Jon Gruden will use some of the booty from the Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper trades (two first-rounders for Mack and one for Cooper) to make the Eagles an offer they can't refuse.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814401-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-its-nick-foles-world-were-just-living-in-it

And I was angry that we didn't pull the trigger on Cleveland's 2nd round pick....

Yup.  Still Angry

Just saw a post on Facebook that Gruden at the Combine has said that the Raiders are interested in shopping Carr. The writer of the article posted ( on the Phillyfreak page) said that he sees a possible landing spot for Carr to be with the Jags, since De'Flippo is now their OC...having had a recent connection with him. I didn't know there was a connection  with the two. Since Flipp  worked for us in the 20016-17 seasons. Then the  Vikings last season. So his connection with Carr had to have been prior.

2 hours ago, back2nj said:

Just saw a post on Facebook that Gruden at the Combine has said that the Raiders are interested in shopping Carr. The writer of the article posted ( on the Phillyfreak page) said that he sees a possible landing spot for Carr to be with the Jags, since De'Flippo is now their OC...having had a recent connection with him. I didn't know there was a connection  with the two. Since Flipp  worked for us in the 20016-17 seasons. Then the  Vikings last season. So his connection with Carr had to have been prior.

DeFilippo was the Raiders QB coach from 2012 to 2014, so he was Carr's QB coach for his rookie year.

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

DeFilippo was the Raiders QB coach from 2012 to 2014, so he was Carr's QB coach for his rookie year.

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't aware of that. But then I really don't pay much attention to other teams or their staff prior to someone  joining the Eagles.

39 minutes ago, Havenless said:

This would be ultimate closure for this thread if the Raiders chose Foles over Carr

From what I have read their situation isn't any different than what the Rams  were when he was in St. Lewis. So I really can't see that being a place for Nick to want to go. This time around he has the say and not the Eagles.They need a lot of help. But besides that Carrs contract is pretty steep from what the video of the conversation led me to believe. 

37 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Carr becoming a Journeyman QB would be the ultimate gut punch for CarrbageTime, similar what Nick Foles winning Super Bowl MVP was for @RememberTheKoy (and CarrbageTime too, of course).

You don’t have to @ him, he’s banned for good

29 minutes ago, Havenless said:

He is, but he still visits the boards.

31 minutes ago, Havenless said:

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He is, but he still visits the boards.

I wonder if they still see notifications when they log in ??

Just now, downundermike said:

I wonder if they still see notifications when they log in ??

I would guess yes, but can't know for sure. I would have thought that an outright banning meant not being able to read the boards at all, but since they can still log in and read, I'd think the board functions as normal, but similar to archived threads. You can read, but not post.

Just a guess though.

1 hour ago, Havenless said:

He's banned, but can still visit. Plus, it'll allow anyone that isn't familiar with his trolling, to click on the name and go to the profile, which will also allow them to view his content (90% anti-Nick) and see that he didn't want Nick to win the Super Bowl (until after he'd won the Super Bowl).

RTK.JPG.0eb0620c0d00b3c17a49268a4e96a77a.JPG

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He's banned, but can still visit. Plus, it'll allow anyone that isn't familiar with his trolling, to click on the name and go to the profile, which will also allow them to view his content (90% anti-Nick) and see that he didn't want Nick to win the Super Bowl (until after he'd won the Super Bowl).

RTK.JPG.0eb0620c0d00b3c17a49268a4e96a77a.JPG

I  think he was happy that we won it (finally) but not that it was Foles who was in at QB when it happened. But I think what irked him more though, was in Foles getting named MVP. You just know that had to smart big time!

Edited by back2nj

7 minutes ago, back2nj said:

I doubt he was any happier after the fact since his one consession was more or less made begrudgeoningly  of thanking him. It never stopped him from his constant anti Foles post in spite of it. I think what irked him more though, was in Foles getting named MVP. You just know that had to smart big time!

The only 'credit' that I'll give him, is that he didn't run and hide, like CarrbageTime did.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The only 'credit' that I'll give him, is that he didn't run and hide, like CarrbageTime did.

True....he was at least man enough to show his face (so to speak). I can't help but to wonder if the Raiders do end up shopping Carr.If CarrbageTime will revisit the thread . I can hear it all now.How he will  rant about Mayock and Gruden for letting the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL walk. And in the same breath rave how fortunate his new team is to get him.

9 minutes ago, back2nj said:

True....he was at least man enough to show his face (so to speak). I can't help but to wonder if the Raiders do end up shopping Carr.If CarrbageTime will revisit the thread . I can hear it all now.How he will  rant about Mayock and Gruden for letting the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL walk. And in the same breath rave how fortunate his new team is to get him.

By his new team do you mean Carr’s new team, or rstarter’s new team, or both ??

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

By his new team do you mean Carr’s new team, or rstarter’s new team, or both ??

Carr's.

On 3/3/2019 at 2:42 PM, Havenless said:

I missed that.  What was the final nail in the coffin?

17 minutes ago, Vee said:

I missed that.  What was the final nail in the coffin?

He joined the EMB... it just took a few years to kick in.