rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

And BTW. That 1st td pass was underthrown.

Is that right?........

5lpQgx.gif

You know what's sad? On 2nd look, this pass is actually WORSE than I originally thought.

He actually pump fakes it like it's a hitch and go. But he still looks that way. He NEVER TAKES HIS EYES OFF THE RECEIVER! lol

So he consciously made the decision of "F it! I'm gonna throw it there anyway!" What a "smart" decision.

And the pass? Yeah. It was ****tier than I first thought. "Great vs single coverage"? Yeah it would...... if he was throwing it to the CB. LOL.

Even if it was single coverage the ball shouldn't have been thrown. It DEFINITELY shouldn't have been thrown so far ahead when the CB is actually in front of the wr. Carr led the ball right to the CB.

L

O

L

Arm strength? Nope.

Accuracy? Nope

Smarts? LOL! Are you kidding me?

It was a bad throw because of the number of bodies that were in the vicinity. If you had a CJ-type receiver on your team then yeah, the risk of getting such a ball INT'd wouldn't have been as great. The receiver initially caught the ball, but it came down to the CB wanting the ball more. He's still a QB I'd want on my team. This team. The Eagles.

He's is, and is going to continue to be, a premier QB in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014101209/2014/REG6/chargers@raiders#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000410061&tab=recap

It was a bad throw because of the number of bodies that were in the vicinity. If you had a CJ-type receiver on your team then yeah, the risk of getting such a ball INT'd wouldn't have been as great. The receiver initially caught the ball, but it came down to the CB wanting the ball more. He's still a QB I'd want on my team. This team. The Eagles.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014101209/2014/REG6/chargers@raiders#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000410061&tab=recap

I love how when the ball is in the air, there is a Raider receiver on the 30 and no one within 10 yards of him.

Without even a single win in the NFL? Cool story, bro.

It was a bad throw because of the number of bodies that were in the vicinity. If you had a CJ-type receiver on your team then yeah, the risk of getting such a ball INT'd wouldn't have been as great. The receiver initially caught the ball, but it came down to the CB wanting the ball more.

It was a bad throw because it was an inaccurate pass that should've never been thrown. A "CJ-like receiver"? LOLOL! Oh is that all he needed for that pass to be a good one?

He's still a QB I'd want on my team. This team. The Eagles.

Please stop lying to the public. You're a Raider fan. Just own up to it.

He's is, and is going to continue to be, a premier QB in the league.......

IN MADDEN.

It wasn't a bad throw... it was an AWFUL throw. He didn't go through any progression, missing the WIDE OPEN raider to his right. Whilst having all day to hop on the spot and find the wide open receiver to his right. Instead, he made an awful call and an appalling throw at the WORST possible time in the game when it was all laid nicely out for him with PERFECT conditions.

Stop trying to defend an atrocious play... you wont see my trying to defend Foles' bad ones from yesterday.

I'm an Eagles fan, no doubt about it. Also, I don't "hate" Nick Foles. Unlike some posters here, I want the Eagles to get the best talent available regardless of whether the improvement is in a need area or not. IMHO, we missed out on getting a guy that could've will be one of the best QBs the NFL draft has ever produced.

0-5 so far.

Derek Carr played pretty well against the Chargers! Except for the last INT.

Just like Foles played pretty well against the Giants. Except for the 3 really bad throws, 2 of which were INTs.

Nothing more, nothing less. Foles doesn't suck, nor is he God. Same for Carr. Comparing Carr to Foles is pointless because either side can just cherry-pick the stats/evidence they want and make a case for "their" "guy".

Guest PolkaDotPants

Just like Foles played pretty well against the Giants. Except for the 3 really bad throws, 2 of which were INTs.

Nothing more, nothing less. Foles doesn't suck, nor is he God. Same for Carr. Comparing Carr to Foles is pointless because either side can just cherry-pick the stats/evidence they want and make a case for "their" "guy".

Except the wins stat.

The most important fact is that Foles is our guy and Carr is a nobody.

Derek Carr with 8 tds. Nice start for the youngster.

Yeah, and before his receivers made him look good in the prior game, he was on pace for a whopping 16 (!) TDs on the season!  And he was averaging just a shade under 200 ypg!  What a talent.  Cherish this moment people, we're truly witnessing the arrival of legend.

Yeah, and before his receivers made him look good in the prior game, he was on pace for a whopping 16 (!) TDs on the season!  And he was averaging just a shade under 200 ypg!  What a talent.  Cherish this moment people, we're truly witnessing the arrival of legend.

You really need some summer's eve, time to scrub that sand out of your V.

That throw would've been great against single coverage. He just got too greedy there. On a related note, I'm not too surprised with most of y'all on here. Like cockroaches in the dark y'all came out of the cracks when he threw that INT. I wouldn't be shocked if y'all said that the W/L record is a stat directly and solely attributable to the QB.

You mean like you do when Foles throws one?

Derek Carr with 8 tds. Nice start for the youngster.

And less wins than Derek Carr through 5 starts, and Derek played for an expansion team.

And less wins than Derek Carr through 5 starts, and Derek played for an expansion team.

David Carr had 1 win through 5 starts. Foles also had 1 win through 5 starts. Are you trying to say that a QB can be judged, at all, by the number of wins through 5 games? I hope not, for Foles' sake.

David Carr had 1 win through 5 starts. Foles also had 1 win through 5 starts. Are you trying to say that a QB can be judged, at all, by the number of wins through 5 games? I hope not, for Foles' sake.

Just pointing out that David won more games than Derek David through 5 starts, for an expansion team.

You really need some summer's eve, time to scrub that sand out of your V.

Why?  We were both just marveling at Carr's incredible season.  Sounds like you could use some vagisil for your yeast infection.

Quote from the article:

Carr wasn’t perfect in his execution, and he did miss on some opportunities versus the Chargers, but that’s expected from a rookie when you watch the tape.

That's not what you promised us. You promised us someone who's already great and even compared him with Rodgers. I don't want to see rookie mistakes from Carr. I want to see greatness. And maybe a few wins.

The Raiders are an expansion team now? I guess I can see how it might seem that way to someone who just recently began following the NFL.

0-5 so far.

You've been reduced to this faulty logic too? I know the TATErs resort to this type of stuff when it suits their agenda, but I thought you were above that.

That's not what you promised us. You promised us someone who's already great and even compared him with Rodgers. I don't want to see rookie mistakes from Carr. I want to see greatness. And maybe a few wins.

Yep... rstarter promised us Aaron Rodgers from day one in the NFL, but with even more potential... I've yet to see anything close to that except game ending INT's and missed easy throws.

Carr has exactly one weapon in his throwing arsenal and that's his back shoulder throw. And I hesitate to call that a weapon since it's really just a QB and WR making an adjustment. He throws that like he's been doing it for years.

The Raiders are an expansion team now? I guess I can see how it might seem that way to someone who just recently began following the NFL.

I obviously meant David.