rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

5,569 posts in this topic

http://birdbreakdown.com/2014/03/03/qb-velocity-rankings-nick-foles-has-an-objectively-strong-arm/

According to this article, Nick Foles ranks fairly high amongst who we consider elite Quarterbacks. Now I understand Derek Carr is not up there.

I live in the Fresno area rstarter and know a lot more about Derek Carr than you do. Comparing him to Nick Foles, I think Nick Foles looks a lot better. He has great pocket awareness, stands tall, and delivers a great ball on most of his throws. He also reads coverages and blitzes quite well and deceives the defenses with his eyes a lot, he is rarely ever a one read guy. His arm strength isn't, let say elite status, but he does have good arm strength, better than Brees and Manning at this point in their careers and look what they do with less arm strength. So your argument about arm strength is slightly invalid.

Derek Carr has good arm strength as well, but not elite, I don't know where you get that from? In college he struggles against blitzes at times and at points he was a one read guy, mainly because of the offense. Carr isn't some super elite athlete either I mean you make it sound like he has the athleticism of Russell Wilson, when in fact it's more like big Ben. I will agree with you though, that I think Carr could have thrived in this type of offense because it is very similar to certain Fresno State schemes, with the screens, TE routes, and shotgun sets, but Foles can really succeed in this offense as well, did you ever actually watch Foles at Arizona?

Point is not to dismiss Derek Carr, as I hope he has a good career being from the area, and I think he may be a good QB in a few years, but the way you dismiss Foles is incredibly bias in comparison to your worship of Carr.

2 people like this

I live in the Fresno area rstarter and know a lot more about Derek Carr than you do.

Have you seen a Derek Carr pass break the sound barrier in person ??

Have you seen a Derek Carr pass break the sound barrier in person ??

No he hasn't, if he did, he wouldn't have lived to tell about it.

2 people like this

I like another poster wrote find it hilarious that the Browns didnt go after Carr with a ton more upside and mobility then manziel. No wonder that franchise is garbage

So Let me guess, Carr is now public enemy #1 on this board because one Eagles fan prefers him over Foles. :lol:

Nobody here cares about Derek Carr. What we care about is having a conversation about the Eagles and then, out of nowhere, the OP comes rolling in on his rhetard rickshaw and starts shouting his Derek Carr nonsense. It's really that people don't like him, not Derek Carr. What doesn't help the OP's case is that all last year he was calling anyone who wanted Vick gone an idiot.

As for Derek Carr, if it wasn't for the OP, I'd probably like him more than I do. But that's how much the OP sucks. He brings down Carr just by associating himself with him.

http://birdbreakdown.com/2014/03/03/qb-velocity-rankings-nick-foles-has-an-objectively-strong-arm/ According to this article, Nick Foles ranks fairly high amongst who we consider elite Quarterbacks. Now I understand Derek Carr is not up there. I live in the Fresno area rstarter and know a lot more about Derek Carr than you do. Comparing him to Nick Foles, I think Nick Foles looks a lot better. He has great pocket awareness, stands tall, and delivers a great ball on most of his throws. He also reads coverages and blitzes quite well and deceives the defenses with his eyes a lot, he is rarely ever a one read guy. His arm strength isn't, let say elite status, but he does have good arm strength, better than Brees and Manning at this point in their careers and look what they do with less arm strength. So your argument about arm strength is slightly invalid. Derek Carr has good arm strength as well, but not elite, I don't know where you get that from? In college he struggles against blitzes at times and at points he was a one read guy, mainly because of the offense. Carr isn't some super elite athlete either I mean you make it sound like he has the athleticism of Russell Wilson, when in fact it's more like big Ben. I will agree with you though, that I think Carr could have thrived in this type of offense because it is very similar to certain Fresno State schemes, with the screens, TE routes, and shotgun sets, but Foles can really succeed in this offense as well, did you ever actually watch Foles at Arizona? Point is not to dismiss Derek Carr, as I hope he has a good career being from the area, and I think he may be a good QB in a few years, but the way you dismiss Foles is incredibly bias in comparison to your worship of Carr.

At least you didn't come and post using the same sarcastic shtick that most posters are using. I'm a stubborn guy, I admit that. But I'm just looking at what he's done, and how he plays, and am convinced that he's one of the most prodigiously gifted prospects I've seen in a while. Runs in the sub 4.6s (Manziel time), has a top 5 arm (more of that in a minute), is ridiculously smart with playcalling. Paint me surprised that he was selected as the 3rd QB on day 2 when he had all that going on for him.

Now, his footwork was less than stellar, but I never got down on him for that as there have been QBs drafted with less of a skill set. Now, as far as arm talent (not just strength) there aren't many QBs in the league let alone CFB capable of making a throw like this.

First play. Can't even step into the throw but has it going anyway for 60 yards.

For some, like Saturn1, to say that I don't back up my observations with proof: there are enough posts with embedded gifs to disprove that idea. I love the Eagles, and have done so for the last 8 years, and I want them to be relentless in getting the best possible talent at all positions. What this is shaping up to be, in my mind, is anecdotal proof of what happens when your BPA drivel is just that. You'll miss on good talent if you limit the positions that you're willing to draft for.

"You have to take the best player and you have to build your team for the long term and look at the draft as long-term decisions for your franchise and for your football team," Roseman explained. "[You] don't want to force a position and you don't want to not take a position just because of what you have at the moment and I think, for us, when you look at the difficulty of getting good players in the draft, it becomes increasingly difficult when you narrow it down to a particular position that you have to get, not taking into account the strength of the draft

Read more: http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/eagles-nfl-draft-2014/2014/2/20/5430044/2014-nfl-draft-howie-roseman-talks-draft-strategy-team-building

"We don't know where we are going to be two, three, four years from now and I know that you're going to regret if you pass on a particular player just because at the moment you may not have a need," Roseman said.

Read more: http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/02/eagles_gm_howie_roseman_says_team_is_open_to_drafting_quarterback_in_first_round.html

Nobody here cares about Derek Carr. What we care about is having a conversation about the Eagles and then, out of nowhere, the OP comes rolling in on his rhetard rickshaw and starts shouting his Derek Carr nonsense. It's really that people don't like him, not Derek Carr. What doesn't help the OP's case is that all last year he was calling anyone who wanted Vick gone an idiot.

As for Derek Carr, if it wasn't for the OP, I'd probably like him more than I do. But that's how much the OP sucks. He brings down Carr just by associating himself with him.

I was very very measured in my comments from the moment Chip was hired to the time the QB competition ended. Moreover, when Vick played like doo doo I was equally harsh in my criticism (check out the KC game posts, for example). If there's anything you could've taken away from that time, it was that (i) I predicted, and rooted for, Vick winning the competition, (ii) I hated the people who just crapped on everything Vick even when you could see he was playing well.

I was very very measured in my comments from the moment Chip was hired to the time the QB competition ended. Moreover, when Vick played like doo doo I was equally harsh in my criticism (check out the KC game posts, for example). If there's anything you could've taken away from that time, it was that (i) I predicted, and rooted for, Vick winning the competition, (ii) I hated the people who just crapped on everything Vick even when you could see he was playing well.

:roll:

irony2.gif

1 person likes this

Almost. We could've gotten better @ the position, and that's something we'll see for sure as the season progresses.

Almost. We could've gotten better @ the position, and that's something we'll see for sure as the season progresses.

How can you do better than 27 touchdowns and 2 interceptions? :huh:

Breaking the sound barrier and destroying several stadiums.

2 people like this

perfect passer rating for the entire season?

1 person likes this

My bad. The word I was looking for was football IQ. By that, I mean has he shown the ability to walk up to the LOS and identify blitzes, or change protections especially in the passing downs? He might not be terrible at it, but it's not something we can point to as a defining facet of his game.

Saying "football iq" only makes it worse. His football iq is very high.

Just because he doesn't gesture a million times pre-snap doesn't mean his football iq or even his pre-snap iq is low. It just means he trusts the play and trusts he can get the job done.

And as we've seen foles do countless times, his reading the defense post-snap and going through his progressions last year was better than Derek Carr has EVER shown because in Fresno, the guy was a one-read pony.

perfect passer rating for the entire season?

more unneeded gesturing pre-snap?

2 people like this

This kid has Aaron Rogers potential Down the road, I have followed him in college ball, Lookout!!

Like I said, the kid is the real deal,.. Raiders finally got it right after 15 years post Gannon etc... finally... I can't wait to see him get some experience, it will take two seasons but he will be a star in his third year..trust me..

Like I said, the kid is the real deal,.. Raiders finally got it right after 15 years post Gannon etc... finally... I can't wait to see him get some experience, it will take two seasons but he will be a star in his third year..trust me..

I agree............if he gets traded from the Raiders.

2 accounts for Rfarter ?

This kid has Aaron Rogers potential Down the road, I have followed him in college ball, Lookout!!

^^^

The inevitable moment when you lose track of which clone account you are logged in with. rstarter might as well retire that account and start anew.

7 people like this

^^^

The inevitable moment when you lose track of which clone account you are logged in with. rstarter might as well retire that account and start anew.

Busted. :lol:

I would like to see the Raiders be good for a change. I don't know why, but I would.

Busted. :lol:

. Lol he was way to obvious .... 2 guys with same love and opinion on a eagles fan board . Has anyone seen Rfarter since his bust ? I'm gonna say bust just like his boy Derek

. Lol he was way to obvious .... 2 guys with same love and opinion on a eagles fan board . Has anyone seen Rfarter since his bust ? I'm gonna say bust just like his boy Derek

I don't think he was trying to fool us. From the last two posts it seems that he forgot he was still logged in as Jaggernaut.