rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

I would be curious to see his per game stats against ranked teams.

0-6 vs ranked teams.. Fresno made it as high as 15th ranked in 2013 but never played a ranked team. wound up losing the Las Vegas bowl to unranked southern cal 20-45. So basically, Derek Carr is the Tony Romo of College football. Just can't seem to win the big games. But tears it up vs the bottom of the barrel teams. But he did something that Manning and Foles did. Carr threw 7 TDs vs New Mexico The number 15th ranked team vs the 98th out of 125 team.

Foles played on a team that was never ranked higher than 35th ,2-7 vs ranked teams. including wins vs #20 usc and #9 Iowa. and lost to #11 oregon 41-44. 0-2 in Bowl games vs #20 nebraska and #16 Oklahoma state.

Foles played 3 years in the pac 10 vs Powerhouse schools like Oregon, Stanford, USC, While carr played vs great teams like hawaii, air force, and new mexico.  

R

T

A

R

D

E

R

Hurts the eyes, doesn't it??

I heard fans that watch Carr throw in person have to wear sunglasses. The naked eye can't handle the lightning when he throws with his rocket arm.

I heard fans that watch Carr throw in person have to wear sunglasses. The naked eye can't handle the lightning when he throws with his rocket arm.

Derek Carr can throw a football through a tire from 50 yards away...

...while it's still mounted on the wheel.

What part of "we don't care about derek carr" are you having a hard time understanding? Still can't figure out what your point to all this is. This is The Eagles Member Board. This section is called Talk About The Eagles. What in the hell does the Raiders Qb have to do with the Eagles? If Carr turns out to be the greatest QB to ever play the game. What does it have to do with the EAGLES? All this crap just because you don't care for Foles? Geez, even the other ones on here that don't like Foles want to know your reason behind this ****. 

The Raiders had the luxury of letting your boy get some on the job training. Oakland isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If the want to build a team around Carr? Good for them.The only question we all have for you is, where does this whole Carr thingy mean anything to the Eagles. We won't play the Raiders until 2017(3 years from now). So it would of been somewhat interesting if we were playing them this year, but we are not. 

Last but not least. You keep saying that Carr is so much better than Foles. Where is YOUR proof to this Claim? Did Carr throw 7 TDS in a Real NFL game? Did carr lead the league in QB rating. Has Carr ever thrown 27 tds and on 2 interceptions on any level? Has he won MVP of the Pro-Bowl in "the next great QBs" offense? Has Carr been successful in 3 different NFL offenses in  2 NFL seasons? Or any of IIRC, the 17 other stats that Foles Tied, broke or was in the top 5 of all time? The answer to each and every one of these questions is NO. Carr aint **** until he proves he is the ****. He will make mistakes along the way, but once again.............No-one on here cares about what carr does but you. Now can you please take your "carr love" over to Around the NFL? Where you can Drool all over your keyboard with every keystroke you want and we don't have to deal with it. I promise not to bring carr up again until 2017. Note: just for giggles i checked on carr in fantasy. 0.01% has him starting for their team. I will bet anything that , that 0.01% is you.  :D

whereami.jpg

I'm trying to wrap my head around it, but Derek Carr has the internet going crazy. Not just EMB, but almost all sports outlets and youtube as well.

Is it simply because he's David Carr's brother? I just don't get it

I'm trying to wrap my head around it, but Derek Carr has the internet going crazy. Not just EMB, but almost all sports outlets and youtube as well.

You know that uneasy feeling you get when you're leaning back in a chair so that you're just on 2 legs, and you start to lean back too far, but then JUST at the last second you catch yourself?

That's how Derek Carr makes opposing defenses feel.

After this year Green Bay, New England, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Denver, and New Orleans will all be kicking themselves for not giving up on their franchise QB's if Derek Carr looks good.

Oh wait, no they wont. And the best part is rtarder still won't understand why.

Perhaps because he's a very good QB. Sophomore (2011) highlights.

After this year Green Bay, New England, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Denver, and New Orleans will all be kicking themselves for not giving up on their franchise QB's if Derek Carr looks good.

Oh wait, no they wont. And the best part is rtarder still won't understand why.

There'll come a time when I'll ask you whether we would've been better off trading Foles for a 1/2 and drafting Carr -- a QB that is just as smart, more athletic and more than capable of making any throw the offense will need him to throw. Screw this "he throws with touch". Yeah his throws make it seem he only throws with touch, and it becomes a problem when he needs to throw a 20 yard out for example. Whatchu gonna do huh, throw a 20 yard out with touch. Smh

FolesRainbowOutb3c4a.gif

MXgkTCSn85-2.png

There'll come a time when I'll ask you whether we would've been better off trading Foles for a 1/2 and drafting Carr -- a QB that is just as smart, more athletic and more than capable of making any throw the offense will need him to throw. Screw this "he throws with touch". Yeah his throws make it seem he only throws with touch, and it becomes a problem when he needs to throw a 20 yard out for example. Whatchu gonna do huh, throw a 20 yard out with touch. Smh

FolesRainbowOutb3c4a.gif

MXgkTCSn85-2.png

You just don't get it.

Is that you ignored my post completely?

Or is it that you are literally too stupid to grasp the concept of what I said?

FolesRainbowOutb3c4a.gif

MXgkTCSn85-2.png

I like how you show one bad throw of Foles.

And to the duck thing, guess who else throws "ducks"? Peyton Manning. and I don't think he gives a crap about arm strength. One of the best QB's ever.

Is that you ignored my post completely?

Or is it that you are literally too stupid to grasp the concept of what I said?

Green Bay, New England, Denver, New Orleans : Incumbent QBs have won at least 1 super bowl. They have QBs that are better right now than Carr.

Indianapolis: Have a #1 QB that they drafted two years ago. Say what you will about Luck, but he has a "franchise"-type skill set.

Philadelphia: Please, point me to something that Foles does better than Carr? You want to point to stats, but the system created such wide, wide open options that I'm left pondering: if Foles played in a Colts or Redskins or Seahawks type system would he have accumulated the TDs/INTs he did? Put Carr in this system, and I have no doubt in my mind that we'd field the best offensive team in the league.

Hey, let's cherry pick a couple bad plays from Foles and compare them to a couple good throws from Carr to make the argument.  That should work, right?!

My god man, give it up already.  Foles was amazing last year!

Green Bay, New England, Denver, New Orleans : Incumbent QBs have won at least 1 super bowl. They have QBs that are better right now than Carr.

Indianapolis: Have a #1 QB that they drafted two years ago. Say what you will about Luck, but he has a "franchise"-type skill set.

Philadelphia: Please, point me to something that Foles does better than Carr? You want to point to stats, but the system created such wide, wide open options that I'm left pondering: if Foles played in a Colts or Redskins or Seahawks type system would he have accumulated the TDs/INTs he did? Put Carr in this system, and I have no doubt in my mind that we'd field the best offensive team in the league.

Don't know/don't care. As long as Foles does job for Eagles, I'm happy. If Tom Brady was Raiders QB, would he be as good? I can play this game too. Oh yeah, another thing: Foles beat Luck at his(Luck) own game in Pro Bowl where he outperformed Luck in his own system.

Don't know/don't care. As long as Foles does job for Eagles, I'm happy. If Tom Brady was Raiders QB, would he be as good? I can play this game too. Oh yeah, another thing: Foles beat Luck at his(Luck) own game in Pro Bowl where he outperformed Luck in his own system.

54106382.jpg

Division III college football games are more competitive than Pro Bowl games.

Now I see what people mean. Hop off of Derek carrs nuts dude. You can think hypothetically all you want, point is, he isn't an eagle, so gtfo this board and go to the raiders board. Go ride him there.

I went and checked out raiders forums . I think RFarter would be too extreme for even them . At least from what I have read was optimistic and reality  of a Rookie QB starting in NFL not to mention 18th QB to start since Rich Gannon "1999"  . The other thing is they are amazed that he learned the playbook . I cant imagine it was too hard since Jamarcus and Pryor were using it .

54106382.jpg

In case you didn't watch Pro Bowl, it was entertaining last year.

54106382.jpg

Really dude?

You have David Carr as your avi and you claim to be an Eagles fan?

Really dude?

Everyone: you might disagree with him, but he's posting it in the Derek Carr thread in the ATNFL subforum. What'd you expect, a thread about McCoy? Or flying monkeys? As long as it stays in here, this is exactly where rstarter should be posting his Carr love.

In case you didn't watch Pro Bowl, it was entertaining last year.

Entertaining != competitive.