rstarter

Ongoing Derek Carr Thread

Everyone: you might disagree with him, but he's posting it in the Derek Carr thread in the ATNFL subforum. What'd you expect, a thread about McCoy? Or flying monkeys? As long as it stays in here, this is exactly where rstarter should be posting his Carr love.

It has not stayed here . He has spewed it everywhere , we just leave it where it belongs

Carr only had 151 yards and his team lost.

Foles (so far) has 322 yards and his team is winning.

It's just not the right time to unleash him yet.

I can accept rstarter being a Derek Carr fan, but not his incessant dismissal of Nick Foles. Once Carr wasn't drafted by us, he should have become a non-factor in TATE, but rstarter will not let that happen.

BTW...how did Oakland do today, rstarter? Must have scored lots of points, with a QB who can make every throw in the game, huh? 

rstarter says that experience doesn't matter (Foles proven NFL games vs. Carr's college games).

So given his logic:  he can't use the excuse that Carr is a rookie.  He has said Carr was better skills then other QBs period, NFL experience or not.  So again by his standards, Carr should have been better than a measly 151 yards today.

Cue him posting 1 gif of 1 good thing he did and suggest that means he's better than Brees or Luck.

I still believe that Carr's skill set will see him be a better Qb. I didn't catch either 2nd half due to church but I'll be sure to review his game good or bad.

Tenure doesn't make you a great QB; it's the tangible skill set that enables you to be identified as one of the best QBs in the league.

Their secondary is very suspect. Now, should it happen that he goes off on the Jets D (which I have a feeling will happen) you can use my comment as an excuse.

151 yards bruh.

I'll have no issue saying I'm wrong if Carr proves to be a "bust". People here want to say that Foles is the better QB. Care to give reasons? And please don't give me this junk about prior experience in the NFL being the/a reason why, because it justifies someone saying Luck wasn't a better QB than Schaub before he was drafted.

Based on this, Carr should have gone out and blown us away today.  Instead 151 yards to Foles 322.  And Carr's team lost.

New York Jets suffocate Derek Carr, Raiders in win

The New York Jets took advantage of the Oakland Raiders and rookie quarterback Derek Carr in a 19-14 win at the Meadowlands on Sunday. Our takeaways:

1. We expected Rex Ryan's defense to have its way with Carr, and that's exactly what happened. The rookie rarely had the luxury of a clean pocket and was unable to test New York's suspect secondary for most of the afternoon. The Raiders were held to 158 total yards, their fewest in a game since 2009. That's also the last time Oakland has won a game on the East Coast. Yikes.

2. Geno Smith offered up a mixed bag on Sunday. The second-year QB showed increased accuracy (12 consecutive completions at one point) and good rushing ability (40 yards on eight carries). But he also threw an interception, fumbled twice and took an unnecessary sack that knocked the Jets out of field-goal range. Smith must cut down on the mental errors.

3. The Jets' new-look backfield is off to a great start. Chris Ivory iced the game with a 71-yard touchdown run that featured some surprising speed and one deeply premature celebratory gesture. Chris Johnson added 91 total yards and a touchdown reception on a shovel pass from Smith.

4. The Raiders' backfield was a different story. Maurice Jones-Drew and Darren McFadden couldn't take the heat off their rookie QB, finishing with 26 yards and 13 carries. MJD won't forget this Quinton Coples hit any time soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000390771/article/new-york-jets-suffocate-derek-carr-raiders-in-win

The only rookie to start week 1!

There's a reason not many rookies start week 1!

Carr had a good game.  2 tds and 0 turnovers

pretty good for his first NFL game.

Raiders play calling was very conservative

it's not even fair to compare Carr with Foles right now.  

We will find out what they both got in the next few years.

but Carr played well today..

it is only 1 game, but 0 turnovers and 2 td passes is pretty damn good for his first NFL game

it is only 1 game, but 0 turnovers and 2 td passes is pretty damn good for his first NFL game

to everyone else, yes.  We're just picking on rstarter for his worship of Carr.

That was pure a Alex Smith Niners style game managing offense. Basically told him to go out there and not F up.

Yeah, 150 yards.  Awesome game.  The Jets secondary is also in shambles.  Eagles castoff Dimitri Patterson would have been a starter had he not gone AWOL and gotten himself cut.  Tough game for a guy that's better than Aaron Rodgers, for sure.

Kid is good, give him some weapons and a defense...down the road..

Here in my town, we are indeed comparing him to Aaron! It's no secret. But he needs weapons and time to develop, so a 3-5 year plan..

Against the Jets... :unsure:

Jets are competitive and good..trust me..

to everyone else, yes.  We're just picking on rstarter for his worship of Carr.

Dude we are also worshipping Derek here in Oakland, take off your blnders!!!! wowza

do you remember when Aikman was 1-15?

Against the Jets... :unsure:

A rookie facing Rex Ryan defense on the road, i saw some of that game the play calling was very conservative, they were trying their best to make sure he didn't F up..

His stats weren't the best, but he had some pretty good throws. He needs continued work on his footwork though, and he'll graduate from "mini-Aaron" to elite status in no time.

BackShoulder.gif

His stats weren't the best, but he had some pretty good throws. He needs continued work on his footwork though, and he'll graduate from "mini-Aaron" to elite status in no time.

BackShoulder.gif

He will be replaced by Schaub by week 4-6.

Carr is the real deal, some of you are blind...

too bad if he is , the raiders will end him quickly .