Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest frenchladyfan

watching games in nyc

Guest frenchladyfan

where to go ? i'll be there for a month, thought i might as well try and watch games with eagles fans. it happens so seldom. 

There is a place in midtown called Turtle Bay its on 2nd Ave. It is a huge bar it is two floors and it is an official Eagles bar. If you go on gameday it will be packed with Eagles fans. I havent been to any other places in the city that are known to have Eagles fans and I know there are a couple of others but this place wont disappoint, the bar itself is really nice and then its an Eagles bar what else can you ask for, except a win.

Also, while just across the river in Hoboken NJ is The Philadelphia Eagles Club of Hoboken which started in 2004.
https://www.facebook.com/philadelphiaeagleshoboken
We have almost 400 members on our Facebook page, the bar is PACKED on game day. We have two bars, five bartenders, a full service kitchen, great beer specials and a loud, proud fan base that sings "Fly Eagles Fly" on every TD. The main complaint we get is that there aren't enough bar stools - and if you show up 90 minutes before kickoff it is standing room only.

Is the Shorty's in the financial district any good?  I checked their website they have 3 different locations.  I went to turtle bay a few times last year.  Mixed feelings about that place, it has kind of a doucebag frat brother vibe when its busy.  When its not busy there its a decent spot to watch the game but I want a place I can sit in a chair.