Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

What Player On Any Team Do You Just Can't Stand?

Tom Brady. I'm always rooting against him when he's on the field.

Damn homie that can't have been fun the past 13 years :lol:

1. Peyton Manning - First of all, he's everywhere. Secondly, he seems disposed to throwing teammates under the bus, as he did after the Colts lost a playoff game to the Steelers in 2005. Also, his teams seldom seem ready for playoff games, and he often doesn't play well in those games. Then there's the Omaha's, and all the chicken-dancing at the line of scrimmage. Other QBs audible too, but he just seems to be so melodramatic about it..

2. Tom Brady - Actually, I dislike him less than I used to.

3. Cam Newton - Over-rated. After going 15-0 in college, he's 27-31-1 in the pros. Welcome to the NFL.

4. Drew Brees - Mainly this is because of the Saints pre-game huddle, with Brees gesturing and yelling to crank up his teammates. It just looks stupid for a Quarterback.

5. RG III - The hat he wore during the postgame presser says it all, as does his propensity to throw teammates under the bus, as he did yesterday.

6. Colin Kaepernick - Never goes anywhere without his headphones. Over-rated.

7. Johnny Manziel - The 'Show Me The Money' schtick on draft day showed how this man has no sense of self. You don't slide down the draft board and then come out with an attitude like that. He should have been humbled.

8. Brandon Meriweather - Never saw a player he didn't want to decapitate.

9. Andy Dalton - Shrinks when the stakes are highest. Over-rated.

10. Wes Welker - Punky Brewster of WRs. Looked totally ridiculous in that getup last summer while at the horsetrack. Go-to guy for Brady and, now, Manning, which doesn't help.

Peyton Manning, because we have him to thank for the unbearable rule changes in the NFL that have made it so offense-friendly.

In 2003, his team got manhandled in the playoffs, and what do you know, the league focuses on illegal contact. In 2014, the Seahawks manhandled his team, and here we go again- huge emphasis on holding and illegal contact past five yards.

He's been getting hit quite hard by defenders this season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some type of rule against any contact with the quarterback in 2015. Like red jerseys during practice.

We're turning football into basketball.

I hate Ben Rothlisberger - He's a rapist and I can't stand that.  You're big time QB - the girl says NO, move onto the next one

Rob Gronkowski and New England fans' worship of the guy.

We get it, he's a lovable Caucasian frat boy who spikes and GOD HE'S SO HARD TO BRING DOWN, JUST TRY TO STOP HIM, YOU CAN'T.

We... we get it.

Spite? Yes. Jealousy? Yes. Too bad. :lol:

Peyton Manning, because we have him to thank for the unbearable rule changes in the NFL that have made it so offense-friendly.

In 2003, his team got manhandled in the playoffs, and what do you know, the league focuses on illegal contact. In 2014, the Seahawks manhandled his team, and here we go again- huge emphasis on holding and illegal contact past five yards.

He's been getting hit quite hard by defenders this season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some type of rule against any contact with the quarterback in 2015. Like red jerseys during practice.

We're turning football into basketball.

Actually, I think you can thank Tom Brady for that too, not just Peyton. If someone breathes on Tom, he throws his hands up, and a roughing the passer flag magically appears.

Actually, I think you can thank Tom Brady for that too, not just Peyton. If someone breathes on Tom, he throws his hands up, and a roughing the passer flag magically appears.

I know you're the enemy and all, but GOD BLESS YOU the Gmen for beating the Patriots in those SBs. Nothing is sweeter than seeing salty, arrogant NE fans who expect to win because they're the Patriots get all riled up.

There's a few former players on my list too:

Ray Lewis - obvious reasons. Then add in his stupid dance.

Brett Favre - at the end, with Minnesota, I kind of liked him. A little. But I got tired of John Madden fawning all over him, plus the multiple retirements.

Erik Williams - never saw a DLineman that he didn't want to cut at the knees

Jay Schroeder - just for waving Doug Williams off the field (I get the feeling this is something Peyton Manning would do if the situation arose)

Also, I forgot to include Anquan Boldin, but the OP is right, he's a tool.

There's a few former players on my list too:

Ray Lewis - obvious reasons. Then add in his stupid dance.

Brett Favre - at the end, with Minnesota, I kind of liked him. A little. But I got tired of John Madden fawning all over him, plus the multiple retirements.

Erik Williams - never saw a DLineman that he didn't want to cut at the knees

Jay Schroeder - just for waving Doug Williams off the field (I get the feeling this is something Peyton Manning would do if the situation arose)

Also, I forgot to include Anquan Boldin, but the OP is right, he's a tool.

he rarely cut people at the knees, he was more famous for punching them in the head mid play

he rarely cut people at the knees, he was more famous for punching them in the head mid play

I think he misspelled 'Jon Runyan'

Rob Gronkowski and New England fans' worship of the guy.

We get it, he's a lovable Caucasian frat boy who spikes and GOD HE'S SO HARD TO BRING DOWN, JUST TRY TO STOP HIM, YOU CAN'T.

We... we get it.

Spite? Yes. Jealousy? Yes. Too bad. :lol:

Agreed, his name is the first to come to mind when I saw this thread title.  Comes across as a dumb, cocky frat boy. 

I think he misspelled 'Jon Runyan'

Actually it's spelled "Every Denver lineman under Mike Shannahan".

Agreed, his name is the first to come to mind when I saw this thread title.  Comes across as a dumb, cocky frat boy. 

You win :lol:

It's why I hate that ratface to this day.

I can't understand the Brady/Manning hate. Unless you a fan of a division rival, what's the problem with those guys? They're class guys on and off the field.

I can't understand the Brady/Manning hate. Unless you a fan of a division rival, what's the problem with those guys? They're class guys on and off the field.

Nobody likes a winner.

Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers have all made appearances in this thread, I think they just rub people the wrong way because they've been the cream of the crop for a few years now. It's hard to be THAT good and be all nice a cuddly at the same time.

Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers have all made appearances in this thread, I think they just rub people the wrong way because they've been the cream of the crop for a few years now. It's hard to be routinely beat down opponents and still not have opposing fans dislike you for smiling when you win at the same time.

FYP for my take.

Success breeds contempt.

FYP for my take.

Not sure what's your beef tbh...you don't like it when Brady/Manning/Rodgers/Brees smile when they win?