Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

Cowboys intend to keep Garrett

Wtf does he even do on game day outside of challenge plays or decide to go for it?

Their DC and OC call all the plays.

Like most other coaches in the league?

Hey I like the direction this team is going with Garrett. Their young and getting better. Their salary cap is in much better shape. They are becoming a mentally tough team as well.

Hey look at it this way, Dallas was suppose to be awful and win 4-5 games. Now they are right in the middle of the playoff fight and have the second best record in the league. If you look at it that way he's out coach Chip.

One area in which I have to hand it to Jerruh is that he does try to maintain coaching stability. I think he learned a lesson with what happened with Jimmy Johnson. It could even be argued that he stayed with Wade Phillips for too long. In any case, I think he has handled the Garrett situation correctly. On the other hand, he probably understands too that not many coaches worth their salt would want to work for him.

Good for Dallas. They love mediocrity.

If 5 Lombardis is mediocre, where does that place the little eagles on the food chain? I know you guys only like to count the years from 2000 till now (although the results have been the same for you) but your franchise is 80+ years old and still is below .500 all time record.....mediocre would be a huge step up for your team

He's decent, Dallas could have worse and it seems like the players have his back.

He doesn't put players in the best position to succeed tho, and isn't as creative as I'd like. I don't see too much progression in players, this Oline has made Garrett look a lot better than he is.

Hey look at it this way, Dallas was suppose to be awful and win 4-5 games. Now they are right in the middle of the playoff fight and have the second best record in the league. If you look at it that way he's out coach Chip.

Uh, NO. His QB has played all year.

Garrett would not be able to do what Chip did with a backup QB and an awful secondary.

Uh, NO. His QB has played all year.

Garrett would not be able to do what Chip did with a backup QB and an awful secondary.

I'm not to sure about that, last year we had about 20 different players in and out of our D and the worse D in history because of injuries and lost that last game to you with our backup QB by only 2 points. We had many more injuries then the Eagles last year and still came close to winning the division. I'm not saying Chip is not a good coach because he is but if Cowboys make the play-offs you have to consider Garrett as coach of the year even though Bruce will probably win that award.

I'm not to sure about that, last year we had about 20 different players in and out of our D and the worse D in history because of injuries and lost that last game to you with our backup QB by only 2 points. We had many more injuries then the Eagles last year and still came close to winning the division. I'm not saying Chip is not a good coach because he is but if Cowboys make the play-offs you have to consider Garrett as coach of the year even though Bruce will probably win that award.

And we've had more injuries this year and are still in contention to win division.

Backup QB or not, that game was still close because rivals are rivals. Nick Foles was our backup QB as well. Vick came into the season last year as the starter, people forget.

And we've had more injuries this year and are still in contention to win division.

Backup QB or not, that game was still close because rivals are rivals. Nick Foles was our backup QB as well. Vick came into the season last year as the starter, people forget.

When Romo went down in the 'Skins game I felt immediate panic, I wasn't rootin' for the backup, that's for sure.   When Foles went down Eagle fans weren't even in panic mode, some were openly rootin' for Sanchez.  One thing is for sure, they felt more confident than I and many other Cowboys fans did without our starting QB. 

When Romo went down in the 'Skins game I felt immediate panic, I wasn't rootin' for the backup, that's for sure.   When Foles went down Eagle fans weren't even in panic mode, some were openly rootin' for Sanchez.  One thing is for sure, they felt more confident than I and many other Cowboys fans did without our starting QB. 

Foles level of play had him ranked in the bottom 25% of starters in the NFL. so losing him was no big deal...dude was leading the NFL in turnovers and not only did he cost them 2 games, but should have cost them 2 more if not for other people bailing him out...there is a huge difference between losing him and losing a guy like Romo that is playing at a top 10 level, really closer to top 5 week to week

Foles level of play had him ranked in the bottom 25% of starters in the NFL. so losing him was no big deal...dude was leading the NFL in turnovers and not only did he cost them 2 games, but should have cost them 2 more if not for other people bailing him out...there is a huge difference between losing him and losing a guy like Romo that is playing at a top 10 level, really closer to top 5 week to week

I agree w/ that. But I do think Chip's system is meant to make mediocre guys look half decent.

Foles was not playing well at all, but did you not get the feel at the end of games that he was putting the Eagles in positions to win games, even when they had no business winning them? You just never felt the Eagles were out of a game with him, for some strange, intangible reason. You don't really get that feel with Sanchez tbh...