Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

Cowboys intend to keep Garrett

Foles level of play had him ranked in the bottom 25% of starters in the NFL. so losing him was no big deal...dude was leading the NFL in turnovers and not only did he cost them 2 games, but should have cost them 2 more if not for other people bailing him out...there is a huge difference between losing him and losing a guy like Romo that is playing at a top 10 level, really closer to top 5 week to week

Yes indeed there is a big difference between Foles & Romo, but my point was Eagles fans weren't in panic mode because they felt confident in their back up, whereas I and many other Cowboy fans did not - which actually is a compliment to Romo.  He gets dogged out by many, but if there is a possibility that we could lose him, some Cowboys fans finally realize how valuable he is...

I agree w/ that. But I do think Chip's system is meant to make mediocre guys look half decent.

I agree, and I'm scared as ish that he will get an actual good QB, they will be darn near unstoppable

Foles was not playing well at all, but did you not get the feel at the end of games that he was putting the Eagles in positions to win games, even when they had no business winning them? You just never felt the Eagles were out of a game with him, for some strange, intangible reason. You don't really get that feel with Sanchez tbh...

not really, in the Colts game all he did was throw screen, I mean he hit like one very good pass to Ertz, but I didn't see that he put them in a position to win..I think 200+ of his 300 yards were on passes thrown behind the LOS, Sproles carried them in that game and the Jacksonville game. Defense and ST kept them in the San Fran game ...D and ST was the difference in the Rams game.....

Foles was truly impressive in the Skins game, I was on here :worthy:  after that game.

He was so bad I thought Sanchez would be an upgrade. Now I agree i'd be more worried if Foles were playing but I never got the feeling they were never out of a game because of Foles per se

not really, in the Colts game all he did was throw screen, I mean he hit like one very good pass to Ertz, but I didn't see that he put them in a position to win..I think 200+ of his 300 yards were on passes thrown behind the LOS, Sproles carried them in that game and the Jacksonville game. Defense and ST kept them in the San Fran game ...D and ST was the difference in the Rams game.....

Foles was truly impressive in the Skins game, I was on here :worthy: after that game.

He was so bad I thought Sanchez would be an upgrade. Now I agree i'd be more worried if Foles were playing but I never got the feeling they were never out of a game because of Foles per se

Foles can hit those 15 yard out routes to maclin.

Sanchez just doesn't have quite enough zip to make those throws.(I built up Sanchez and completely whiffed. That's what i get for overrating an eagle)

Due to weather conditions such, Foles is probably an upgrade right now but let's not forget that outside of one grest gutsy game against a lousy skins team, Foles has been anything but impressive this season.

Foles can hit those 15 yard out routes to maclin.

Sanchez just doesn't have quite enough zip to make those throws.(I built up Sanchez and completely whiffed. That's the thanks i get for overrating an eagle)

Due to weather conditions such, Foles is probably an upgrade right now but let's not forget that outside of one grest gutsy game against a lousy skins team, Foles has been anything but impressive this season.

Foles' height helps him too I think...and he definitely has a stronger arm.

Foles' height helps him too I think...and he definitely has a stronger arm.

Yeah. Nicky's a giant.

Yeah. Nicky's a giant.

Latest report is that Foles shoulder is just 70% healed. He is out for regular season would be questionable for a wildcard playoff game.

Latest report is that Foles shoulder is just 70% healed. He is out for regular season would be questionable for a wildcard playoff game.

I think now would be a bad time to just throw him in there even if he got healthy, Philly don't have any L's to spare while Foles knocks off the rust.

What's the source of that report WIP, Eskin, other?

Eskin/garofolo

I wouldn't put much if any stock in it then because while I'm sure they cited their infamous "unnamed source" I seriously doubt anyone in the organization and certainly not the medical staff would divulge a % healed number and the team certainly wouldn't tip their hand for a game still 2 weeks away.

The only credible information right now is that he's out this week and will increase the amount of throwing he does in practice but is not yet cleared for contact.

I wouldn't put much if any stock in it then because while I'm sure they cited their infamous "unnamed source" I seriously doubt anyone in the organization and certainly not the medical staff would divulge a % healed number and the team certainly wouldn't tip their hand for a game still 2 weeks away.

The only credible information right now is that he's out this week and will increase the amount of throwing he does in practice but is not yet cleared for contact.

I'm just relaying 2 reports. Garofolo is usually accurate and there doesn't appear to be anything conflicting thus far, but we shall see soon enough

I don't think there is any question the Cowboys are making the right call here. Jerry Jones believes he has his "Tom Landry" in Garrett, and has given him more say over personal matters than any other coach in the post Johnson era (save for Parcells, who built the 2007 team that Phillips squandered). Anything that takes power away from Jerry Jones is good by me. I know people like to joke and call him Garrettkeet, but if the Garrett experiment failed, then Jones would have a real pet parakeet working the sidelines in Dallas. The way it was with Switzer, Gailey, and especially Campo.

But even then I don't think such a parrotkeet would pace the sidelines for long. Stephen Jones is already wresting control away from his aging father. I get the feel he is elbowing the old man aside. Sources said that the elder Jones had to be physically restrained on draft day trying to get to the ballot box to put the card in for Manziel - and that isn't an exaggeration. It was a real altercation. They had to yank that draft card out of Jones' hand.

I don't think there is any question the Cowboys are making the right call here. Jerry Jones believes he has his "Tom Landry" in Garrett, and has given him more say over personal matters than any other coach in the post Johnson era (save for Parcells, who built the 2007 team that Phillips squandered). Anything that takes power away from Jerry Jones is good by me. I know people like to joke and call him Garrettkeet, but if the Garrett experiment failed, then Jones would have a real pet parakeet working the sidelines in Dallas. The way it was with Switzer, Gailey, and especially Campo.

But even then I don't think such a parrotkeet would pace the sidelines for long. Stephen Jones is already wresting control away from his aging father. I get the feel he is elbowing the old man aside. Sources said that the elder Jones had to be physically restrained on draft day trying to get to the ballot box to put the card in for Manziel - and that isn't an exaggeration. It was a real altercation. They had to yank that draft card out of Jones' hand.

I am sure JJ lobbied hard for Manziel, but considering espn and the nfln were broadcasting live from the cowboy war room, any such altercation would have been on tv for all to see.

The gm doesn't even have a card to hand in, they call their rep at the draft and he hands a card in . The draft is in NY, JJ was in Dallas, so why would JJ even have a card?

Total bs story.

That said,, JJ wanted to take Maziel very bad because he thought the team was a couple years from being any good, and he wrongly thought Manzeil could play. the encouraging thing is that he listened to everyone else and went with Martin. He has done that more and more over the years to the cowboys benefit.

I like Garretr as the HC, he holds players accountable, even benching guys like Bruce Carter and Doug Free...despite some disappointing loses you never hear a player step out of line in the media. I just wish they would completely do away with his offensive scheme

Stephen1, on 16 Dec 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

I am sure JJ lobbied hard for Manziel, but considering espn and the nfln were broadcasting live from the cowboy war room, any such altercation would have been on tv for all to see.

The gm doesn't even have a card to hand in, they call their rep at the draft and he hands a card in . The draft is in NY, JJ was in Dallas, so why would JJ even have a card?

Total bs story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-jerry-jones-physically-restrained-from-drafting-manziel-20140819-story.html

Total bs story.

That said,, JJ wanted to take Maziel very bad because he thought the team was a couple years from being any good, and he wrongly thought Manzeil could play. the encouraging thing is that he listened to everyone else and went with Martin. He has done that more and more over the years to the cowboys benefit.

I like Garretr as the HC, he holds players accountable, even benching guys like Bruce Carter and Doug Free...despite some disappointing loses you never hear a player step out of line in the media. I just wish they would completely do away with his offensive scheme

Why would they scrape an offensive scheme that puts up a lot of points? They have played well most of the season and put up 38 points on the Eagles. The D is what needs work this offseason and in the draft.

Why would they scrape an offensive scheme that puts up a lot of points? They have played well most of the season and put up 38 points on the Eagles. The D is what needs work this offseason and in the draft.

We are 10-4 and lead the NFCE for this week anyway, so enjoy it Stephen. Besides they aren't going to listen to fans trying to tell the coaches how to play the game.

You ever notice how there are NEVER any plays where teams bust coverages against us? I don't mean we have to run a bunch of crazy ish, but just add some motion, do some things to free Dez up, every drive is a grind...I feel like with our talent on offense it should not be that way. I **** about Garrett on here all the time, just making the point that I like him as an HC but not as an OC .

I agree that as many of the draft picks as possible should be used on the defense. I want us to keep the scheme, it's fine, we just need players.

I am enjoying this week and this season in general, I thought we were an 8 win, 3rd place in the NFCE team at best.

This week has been great! What even makes it better is that the two players philly fans hate most, Romo and Dez are the ones that killed them...the only thing that would have pissed them off more is having JJ suit up and run one in from the 1 yard line.

Hey look at it this way, Dallas was suppose to be awful and win 4-5 games. Now they are right in the middle of the playoff fight and have the second best record in the league. If you look at it that way he's out coach Chip.

no one thought murray would have this type of year. He was picked deep in most fantasy leagues. This was their 1 push. bet on it. they better make good with this one.

no one thought murray would have this type of year. He was picked deep in most fantasy leagues. This was their 1 push. bet on it. they better make good with this one.

Idk, if Romo can stay healthy if they made a few upgrades this offseason they could be in the same position next year as well. Nobody looks poised to run away with the division next year