Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ackid38

Kid writes to all 32 teams, only Carolina responded

Jerry Jones never got to see the letter because Christie ate it.

But seriously, a very nice gesture.  :nonono: to the other teams.

Really? I'd imagine these teams gets thousands of letters a week. I'm pretty sure they have more things to worry about than a kid. Besides, it's not like he's sick or something he's just some kid from Oklahoma.

I wish I could go back to being 12 and punch myself in the Fing face for choosing this team to root for. I'm stuck now. I've lost, if my calculations are right, 12.5 years off my life in NFCCG losses alone.

I wish I could go back to being 12 and punch myself in the Fing face for choosing this team to root for. I'm stuck now. I've lost, if my calculations are right, 12.5 years off my life in NFCCG losses alone.

I'm not sure how many years the NFCCG losses have shaved off my life but I'm definitely minus one TV remote.

That's great....most young kids nowadays just see who wins the Superbowl and call them "their team"

Why not jump ship before they lose more NFC CG's (assuming they ever get that far)?

I understand what you mean, of course, because the team of our youth is usually the one we stay with forever.

But in other areas of life, if something isn't to our liking, we change it. Heck, people change marriage partners, houses, cars, jobs, whatever. We have this odd idea that changing sports teams is somehow wrong, On the other hand, suffering through bad seasons in sports is a lot easier than suffering through a bad marriage or job.

That's very cool, and very classy.  By no means was anyone obligated to answer the letter.  They probably get tons of "fan mail".  But man, for a kid, that's something amazing.

Something that child will never forget for the rest of his life, and makes a great story as to why he'd be a Panthers fan. 

To be fair to these owners, how many letters addressed to them do they get in a day or week?  They can't respond to them all.  I'm sure there are instances where another team responded to someone and Carolina didn't send anything.

Why not jump ship before they lose more NFC CG's (assuming they ever get that far)?

I understand what you mean, of course, because the team of our youth is usually the one we stay with forever.

But in other areas of life, if something isn't to our liking, we change it. Heck, people change marriage partners, houses, cars, jobs, whatever. We have this odd idea that changing sports teams is somehow wrong, On the other hand, suffering through bad seasons in sports is a lot easier than suffering through a bad marriage or job.

Good points. Not sure why it's so frowned upon. Personally I just can't do it. I'll have to continue to suffer being a f'in Eagles fan

Am I the only one that wasn't touched by this? Beat it kid...... :devil:

You're not alone.  This is a ridiculous attempt at a feel good story.  Cancer stricken fans who are visited or contacted by their favorite NFL player -- that's a feel good story.

Damn you Lurie!!!  Have you no Fing heart!!!!!!

The same people praising Jerry Richardson now were probably calling for his execution whenever he said he didn't want Cam Newton getting tattoos or piercings.

Word has it Dan Snyder is looking for a way to sue the kid for wasting his time

Nah, Snyder sent him a game worn RG3 jersey a team signed football....and a bill

It does say something for Richardson. As for the other 31 teams, I'd imagine some, like the Cowboys and Steelers, with a large following could care less about one kid becoming a fan. They get enough fans by birth anyway.

As for some other teams without a wide=spread fan base, well, who knows? But you'd think at least more than one team would have responded.

I wrote to NFL teams when I was in grade school and got a response from Dallas (and Oakland, Minnesota, Atlanta, Kansas City, Detroit)

Yeah, but Jim Irsay bangs chicks he meets on Twitter...

Seriously though, this is a great story. Richardson has always been recognized as a classy guy.