Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason1978

Giants a favorite in 2015?

I have now seen three different articles in the past two days claiming the 6-10 NYG were going to win the Super Bowl against the Patriots, be the #1 sleeper team of 2015 and have high expectations. Do NYG fans even think this coming off two losing seasons? They went from 9-9-7-6 wins the past four years. Haven't had a 10 win season in five years. The division can be unpredictable, injuries happen and surprises happen but surprising to see the NYG a favorite at the moment. Not hating on them but 6 wins wouldn't have me saying my team was on the verge of a SB title. Stranger things have happened (like the NYG winning a SB at 9-7, Panthers making playoffs with a losing record).

Follow the trend: The Giants will beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl

SKINNY: 1) In the Eli Manning-Tom Coughlin era (2004-14), the Giants have claimed a Lombardi Trophy whenever drawing the AFC East (2007, 2011). This happens again in 2015.

2) Odell Beckham Jr. (right -- 91 catches/1,305 yards/12 TDs) just finished one of the greatest rookie campaigns in NFL history.

3) Once again, New England should be prohibitive favorites to claim the AFC East title and represent the conference in the Super Bowl.

4) Tight end Rob Gronkowski (left) and Tom Brady remain the premier assets at their positions. As such, Brady seeks to become the first starting QB to claim five Lombardi trophies.

5) It must be a 'Giants' thing: The San Francisco Giants have won the World Series for every even-numbered year this decade.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/checking-out-the-nfls-early-early-bold-predictions-for-2015/ss-AA94Ex4?srcref=rss#image=9

1. New York Giants

New York has a top-10 draft pick, Tom Coughlin, Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr. to work with as a base. The Giants are not far off from becoming a postseason threat once again if general manager Jerry Reese can fix issues in the trenches. The NFC East is competitive but not overwhelming, especially while the Philadelphia Eagles are searching for a quarterback. The skill positions are solid on both sides of the ball, giving Reese plenty of hope.

http://bloguin.com/thisgivensunday/2015-articles/five-sleeper-teams-to-watch-in-2015.html

John Mara believes things are looking up for the 2015 season, and the draft this year will be a strong one. With faith in the general manager Jerry Reese, whose saving grace was rookie Odell Beckham Jr., John Mara thinks that he can upgrade the team in the draft without being forced to break the bank. Free agency has been hit or miss for the Giants in the past several seasons, and it may be wiser for them to look to the draft for some depth and talent at a lower cost.

2015 will be a big season for the New York Giants, one with high expectations, most of which rest on Tom Coughlin’s shoulders. However, with the new defensive coordinator and fewer injuries, hopefully the Giants will look to make a statement for the 2015 season.

http://isportsweb.com/2015/02/01/new-york-giants-big-expectations-2015/

They're really talent deficient. Especially compared to 07 and '11. I know FA and the draft is still to come but they've got a lot of holes.

I have now seen three different articles in the past two days claiming the 6-10 NYG were going to win the Super Bowl against the Patriots, be the #1 sleeper team of 2015 and have high expectations. Do NYG fans even think this coming off two losing seasons? They went from 9-9-7-6 wins the past four years. Haven't had a 10 win season in five years. The division can be unpredictable, injuries happen and surprises happen but surprising to see the NYG a favorite at the moment. Not hating on them but 6 wins wouldn't have me saying my team was on the verge of a SB title. Stranger things have happened (like the NYG winning a SB at 9-7, Panthers making playoffs with a losing record).

Any NFC east team can be dangerous, expect next season to be anything but predictable.

Biggest news Incognito to Buffalo.. 

They're really talent deficient. Especially compared to 07 and '11. I know FA and the draft is still to come but they've got a lot of holes.

They  also have a few pieces in place.. so does the rest of the NFCE

I think 2015 for the eagles comes down to Foles, make or break year

Cowboys if Dez is franchise tagged makes them tough

Redskins beat PHI and Dallas last season and really aren't that far behind the mix

It will be a tough division decided the last week in 2015

It's possible, just like anything is possible. But it's nothing short of arbitrary to make that prediction one week after the Super Bowl.

I do and I already said so. I expect them to contend next year. Cruz, obj, and randle. They need two good offensive lineman. I don't know that they will be in the superbowl or anything but they will be a nightmare to match up against.

Most of it is likely based on the fact that they've won it the last 2 seasons that theyve played the AFC East, which is happening again in 2015. Anything can happen, but I find it particulary unlikely this upcoming season. A wild card spot would be a tremendous achievement at this point, and I suppose its possible, but Reese would have to have a near flawless offseason with the draft/FA and the injuries would have to be kept in check

Most of it is likely based on the fact that they've won it the last 2 seasons that theyve played the AFC East, which is happening again in 2015. Anything can happen, but I find it particulary unlikely this upcoming season. A wild card spot would be a tremendous achievement at this point, and I suppose its possible, but Reese would have to have a near flawless offseason with the draft/FA and the injuries would have to be kept in check

The f'ing Giants always seem to go far the more injuries and players on IR they have :lol:

Super Bowl? I doubt it. But in the mix for 9/10 wins in 2015 in an average division? Absolutely. Looking ahead to 2015 you can't not be excited. They're going to have a ton of $$ in FA. They don't even have to go crazy. They're gonna Franchise JPP. From the owner down to Archie Manning, they've all said improving the OL is priority #1. There isn't really a lot that needs to be done. Go sign one of either Clint Boling (G)or Orlando Franklin (G). Let Rolle walk and sign a younger/cheaper alternative in Ron Parker (S). Those are the 3 premium signings they should be considering. Then moving onto the draft, get one of the following guys in the 1st three rounds (2 would be better): Danny Shelton (DT), Andrus Peat (T), Carl Davis (DT), AJ Caan (G)or Laken Tomlinson (G). Then you go with the likeky assumptions: Cruz is healthy and gives the Giants a threesome of WR's just as good as the 2011 team. And, Spags gets the D to average. Put that all together and, in this division, 9-10 wins is certainly in play. I just think 2016 is the season to think playoff run and/or SB....

The f'ing Giants always seem to go far the more injuries and players on IR they have :lol:

Not in 2014...they led the league by far in guys on IR (breaking their nfl record set in 2013)

And completely derailed by page 3

About as likely as the sun rising in the East and setting in the West.

They led the league for the last 2 seasons I believe, so Im not sure about that

They'll go 18-0 and then lose to NE in the Super Bowl.

I'll start taking religion seriously if that happens...

I see it as possible. Another year for Eli into the new offense with some serious outside weapons. It'll come down to the Oline and defense for them.

But same can be said for all teams in the nfce. Just need one or two things to work out one way for another for any of the 4 teams to be division champs. We are all not that far apart

I see it as possible. Another year for Eli into the new offense with some serious outside weapons. It'll come down to the Oline and defense for them.

But same can be said for all teams in the nfce. Just need one or two things to work out one way for another for any of the 4 teams to be division champs. We are all not that far apart

Not certain the Redskins are as close to the pack but I do agree the talent levels for Dallas/Philly/NY are a lot closer than many here want to believe...

I could see it. Obviously Dallas is the favorite in the East going into next season but the Giants could do some damage.

Well in many eagles fans mind they were a Nick Foles injury away from going 12-4 or 13-3, so I ex spect this thread to turn into WW3.

As with every year, the division is a toss up. I will say what I said pretty much every year.....it will come down to which team stays healthiest. I think Dallas and Philly are the two most talented teams, but if ny hits on a couple draft picks, signs a couple mid level FA's to fill holes then has a young player or two step up....they are right there.

Well in many eagles fans mind they were a Nick Foles injury away from going 12-4 or 13-3, so I ex spect this thread to turn into WW3.

I've never claimed that. We would have been 19-0. Our 2nd half would have been so epic, the league would have overturned our two losses.

:groovy: