Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Plan Unfolding As Free Agency Nears

bryzer--- I understand what you mean, however they both received contracts of that length and amount for their play at that time. And I agree both are worth that much if we look at what they have done....but what I am worried about with that statement is we shouldn't be looking at what they did for us, but more what they can do in the future, leadership is great, but I think we saw Kendricks find his leadership voice when ryans went down, not to mention we still have Barwin on the other side who is a leader, and Cox and Cole have both become leaders on one of the best DLines in the NFL... I don't think we are short for leaders on the D side, its the offense that we don't have a true leader on.

Don Corleone---- Like I said, I believe that we can find a NOW starter in FA, and a future starter in the draft as late as the 3rd round. We are seeing more and more each year that MLBs can go in the 4th-6th round and become great players, It would be really cool if we somehow got Kendricks in the third round (although his combine killed any chance in that) but I can see us going a different route then Meco for next year

Don Corleone---- Like I said, I believe that we can find a NOW starter in FA, and a future starter in the draft as late as the 3rd round. We are seeing more and more each year that MLBs can go in the 4th-6th round and become great players, It would be really cool if we somehow got Kendricks in the third round (although his combine killed any chance in that) but I can see us going a different route then Meco for next year

we could probably use our second and package that with one of the 4th round picks we have to move up higher into the second and grab an ILB

So currently we need Stating: (2) CB, S, WR, OLB, DE, & G. All reports have said the following: We are front runners for CB Maxwell so that would solve one of the CB issues and all mock drafts have us taking one, S- there is only one FA that is top tier and it's starting to look like he will be available and reportedly he will want 9-10mil/year with these cuts it's doable but lots of interest will be there, Maclin is hopeful still that a deal will get done, but looks like he will at least test the market to discover his FMV before signing, Trent Cole will be restructuring and they are close to resigning Graham reports say $7-$8mil and then I read $8-$9mil seems too high for my liking, DE- Thorton will be easy to tender and keep if not sign long term no word out there about us signing or bringing in anyone besides him, & G- There are some good possibilities out there but no reports linking us to any except people throwing out names on here (like I did before Hermans release a few weeks back with Mike Iupati, and possible the Saints guards Evans & Grubbs). So, Safety and Guard are the only positions we currently need that have not had rumors flying around that have us fixing them.

You can't just drop every guy who is close to 30. That doesn't instill a ton of confidence in the rest of the players. Besides... you need quality vets in the Locker Room, especially when Coach kelly is looking for guys who embrace "servant leadership" to guide his troops. You can only have so much roster turnover each year. As a wise man once told me... "we ain't playin' Madden here, son."

Rule change,thought it was first to do a football related post lol.Oh well

GB, You have one hour from the first non-related football post to close the deal. Your first post can be anything. It must be at least 4 characters according to the site. No need to make it more difficult. My HR total and a period. Bang.

Oh.. I almost forgot... in regards to #26 moving on: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::rock::smoke:

"Cuz I'll only kick you out of the door." :rod:

This is Carroll's best chance to make a name for himself in the NFL. He will have a legitimate chance to earn that #2 spot

2nd year in this system, he should understand the defense. I liked his play in Nickel. He'll have a chance to shine the less he is thinking out there.

Hey,.GBF,...there was never a rule change for FIRSTS ever. That said,....it appears that 3D has renegged on his much ballhooed overture,..of FIRST retirement!!!,..Hahahaha....that guy says one thing,..and does another,.according to my crack advisers!!1,..Spies Everywhere,...wiff Reloader specials to boot!

GK, No excessive reloading for me that article popped up immediately after the Cary news. Rather EZ i must say.

It's sad that Williams time in Philly went to poo after that first game. That interception Week 1 of '13 on RG3 was one of the best reads I've seen a guy make on a play.

Oh.. I almost forgot... in regards to #26 moving on: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::rock::smoke:

"Cuz I'll only kick you out of the door." :rod:

LOL, you need something like this, if you're going to celebrate

party-hard-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7b

DC!!!! I wish I could "like" that 1,000 times. Once for every time #26 angered me so much that I punched myself in the face this Season. It's true... I actually sprained my neck during the Seattle game.

OK, so we need 2 CB's, a Safety, Guard and a OT just to compete. There is no way we go after Mariota with this many needs. Even if we do address these via FA, there are still areas of concern such as WR, ILB and OLB...

I was all set to say go for it. Spend money for 2-3 year FA contracts to hold us over until the picks we trade away are over and we can draft normal again. Not so sure we can now. Besides, rumor is Tennessee is not as keen on their QB as they have been telling everyone. May be a ploy to get some draft picks, but not so sure.... Eagles cannot go that high in any case....

OK, so we need 2 CB's, a Safety, Guard and a OT just to compete. There is no way we go after Mariota with this many needs. Even if we do address these via FA, there are still areas of concern such as WR, ILB and OLB... I was all set to say go for it. Spend money for 2-3 year FA contracts to hold us over until the picks we trade away are over and we can draft normal again. Not so sure we can now. Besides, rumor is Tennessee is not as keen on their QB as they have been telling everyone. May be a ploy to get some draft picks, but not so sure.... Eagles cannot go that high in any case....

Agreed, there would be no way to address all that in FA and still be able to re-sign some of our guys, including Maclin.

3D,..that article popped up somewhere else,..not here,.as you say,..so,.whatever,..retiree,..Can i call you that...or not quite yet?...hahahahaha!!!BTW,....methinks carroll is better suited for safety,...not CB....for what its worth,.guvna' (SDS)

GK, I saw the article here. I was surprised at how quick the site released the info on Cary. Normally, you see it on other sites before they confirm it here.

Oh BTW, You need to retire from the AL. I saw that latest list from Lupes. Your total keeps going up. I thought. You were a retired investor living on a pension.

I like either Brooks Reed or Jerry Hughes over Brandon Graham, who really wants to be a 4/3 DE. With Reed you get Connor Barwin A and B. Meaning twins at either spot. If Graham is asking for 8-9 Mil than let him walk.

I love this time of year!  It really fills my football void quite nicely!  FA, here comes the Eagles!!!  Ridding themselves of Cry-baby Cary was right on time!  Come on and grab some good quality defensive players in FA!  Woo hoo!!!

Furthermore,..iffen the EAGLES sign LOCKER,..I'll eat my hat.

GK, Locker is small potatoes. Did you see his post about super mario being here without offering any detail on how that happens? Also, building up Kinne with a pretty good write up, and we have never seem him do anything on the field.

And he has barkley gone.

I love this time of year!  It really fills my football void quite nicely!  FA, here comes the Eagles!!!  Ridding themselves of Cry-baby Cary was right on time!  Come on and grab some good quality defensive players in FA!  Woo hoo!!!

I nominate you for "Most Right On Dude" today. Congrats!

Anyone willing to trade a draft pick to Tampa for Dashon Goldson if he is available like the rumors say he is?

>>>Bryzer: team ready to make some moves!! Exciting off season ahead!! Build a beasting D!!

Who is this "Trocadero" he makes sense!